Visiting Woody Guthrie at Greystone

James Zadok

Apr 28, 2022, 4:51:01 PM4/28/22
Stumbled upon an interesting YouTube video with Jahanara Romney (aka Bonnie Beecher) recalling her visits with Dylan to visit Woody Guthrie at Greystone Hospital in New Jersey in the early 1960s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZJLVEauOA

Willie

Apr 29, 2022, 10:27:35 AM4/29/22
On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 4:51:01 PM UTC-4, James Zadok wrote:
> Stumbled upon an interesting YouTube video with Jahanara Romney (aka Bonnie Beecher) recalling her visits with Dylan to visit Woody Guthrie at Greystone Hospital in New Jersey in the early 1960s.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZJLVEauOA

Delightful. Thanks, James. I loved how, when someone fetches Woody's guitar, since he wanted to play a song on it (which turned out to be "Hard Travelin'") the fetcher says to Woody, "I didn't know you play guitar, Woody." Also Woody's reaction when Jahanara tells Woody she likes Josh White (who was a witness in the HUAC hearings). Oh, and when she is asked why Dylan brought her with him, she said she thought it might have been because nobody in Minnesota believed him when he said he visited Woody, so Jahanara could be his witness.

Zod

Apr 30, 2022, 3:44:41 PM4/30/22
Agreed.

Just Kidding

May 1, 2022, 1:26:17 AM5/1/22
For those who may not know, Jahanara is married to Hugh Romney, aka
Wavy Gravy.

Zod

May 1, 2022, 2:41:38 PM5/1/22
Cool,,,,,