Dylan's first recordings (1956)

1 view

monic...@yahoo.com

Jun 11, 2005, 7:07:12 PM6/11/05
Way back when, I posted that Dylan's first recordings, surviving on a
made-to-order disc owned by the late Larry Keegan, included Carl
Perkins' "Matchbox."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.music.dylan/browse_thread/thread/a30aeffba6ab82b6/8f077312bf0234cd?q=matchbox+perkins&rnum=2#8f077312bf0234cd

I probably posted that a few more times, and it's wrong. There's been
a tracklist reported for the disc (it may be missing one song, since
there are only 7 songs listed, and there were supposed to be eight
songs on it, according to the Ebay listing.

Without further delay, here's the list:

Ready Teddy (Little Richard)
Confidential (Sonny Knight)
Boppin' The Blues (Carl Perkins)
Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price)
In The Still Of The Nite (5 Satins)
Let The Good Times Roll (Shirley/Lee)
Earth Angel (Penguins)

It's supposed to be just as awful as you'd expect from a trio of high
school kids in an amateur recording setup, and I'd really like a copy
(not that anybody reading this has one).

Bill

"I am William J. Clinton, and I approve this message"