New Bob Album - Stormy Season

Alan Fraser

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

According to Telegraph 55 a Bob album of all new original
songs is being worked on. To be called "Stormy Season",
it should be released by the end of the year. This is in
addition to the Jimmie Rodgers album. Anyone know any more?

Alan

Ben Taylor

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

[By popular demand, a question mark has been added to the subject
header]

You forgot the key word: "rumour" :-)

The exact quotation from John Wraith and Mike Wyvill's Jotting Down
Notes column:

The rumours of an album come and go, the probability of its
appearance seemingly subject to as much change as the British
weather [...] but most of us would, of course, like the album rumour
to be true (at time of writing, rumour has it that the album is to
be called "Stormy Season", that it was recorded with the touring
band in late 1995 and that it's being produced by Daniel Lanois -
and if none of that comes to pass, you didn't, of course, read it
here first, or, indeed, at all).

(Where does it say 'it should be released by the end of the year'?)

If I break Rule Number Four (up there with "Look both ways before
crossing the road" and "Sign on the dotted line") and mix rumours, it's
possible I guess that the above late '95 recording is the one said on
rmd to be currently in the possession of one Daniel Lanois. [*]

[* = I am proud to reveal that this sentence has been awarded the
1995 Lack Of Clarity award. In spite of the obvious lateness of the
entry, the judges were so moved by the complete and masterful
incomprehensibility together with their singular inability to read
it all the way through without drawing breath three times that all
objections were speedily and unanimously overruled.]

Ben Taylor
--
Leeds, England
bpta...@laguna.demon.co.uk

Christopher Mobley

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Alan Fraser <10043...@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>According to Telegraph 55 a Bob album of all new original

>songs is being worked on. To be called "Stormy Season".

An obvious heroin reference.

-Christopher

Ben Taylor

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

[By popular demand, a question mark has been added to the subject
header]

Alan Fraser <10043...@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>According to Telegraph 55 a Bob album of all new original

Aaron J. Wexler

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

: Alan Fraser <10043...@CompuServe.COM> writes:

: >According to Telegraph 55 a Bob album of all new original

: >songs is being worked on. To be called "Stormy Season".

Please tell me I didn't narrowly avoid a heart attack for no reason. Tell
me it's true!

Wex