Poisened Rose- why not focus on people's positive qualities?

Jordy Chase

Nov 25, 2013, 3:11:43 AM11/25/13

It seems to me, and I would venture to say others here too, that you tend to focus on what you percieve to be certain other people's flaws and falings and imperfections rather than their positive, endearing qualigties... there's not a person alive without flaws, and on the other side of the coin, there's not a person without strengths... granted, people like Hitler and Stalin and Idi Amin and Pol Pot and so on have flaws that far outnumber their strengths, but obviously noone here can reasonably be compared to vicious, brutal monsterous tyrants like them... and also, who we are online is, at best, a glimpse, an approximation of who we are in "real life"... why not give people the benefit of the doubt and focus more on people's positive qualities and what unites us rather than what divides us?

BobbyM

Nov 25, 2013, 6:09:38 AM11/25/13
pr has gone on record as saying he looks at each post as if it's a
battle. He's determined to be victorious (unless he concedes by way of
killfiling someone). How many times did he reply to Rich after said
"there's no point in further dialgue...."?

Half the time in the OT: JFK thread his posts read as if he thought he
was posting to the Beatles group.

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 9:49:36 AM11/25/13

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 9:50:51 AM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 6:09:38 AM UTC-5, BobbyM wrote:
and I posted the same post in The Beatles group to which he, an occasional poster there, did not respond.

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 9:55:17 AM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:11:43 AM UTC-5, Jordy Chase wrote:
> It seems to me, and I would venture to say others here too, that you tend to focus on what you percieve to be certain other people's flaws and falings and imperfections rather than their positive, endearing qualigties... there's not a person alive without flaws, and on the other side of the coin, there's not a person without strengths... granted, people like Hitler and Stalin and Idi Amin and Pol Pot and so on have flaws that far outnumber their strengths, but obviously noone here can reasonably be compared to vicious, brutal monsterous tyrants like them... and also, who we are online is, at best, a glimpse, an approximation of who we are in "real life"... why not give people the benefit of the doubt and focus more on people's positive qualities and what unites us rather than what divides us?

I hate to really get into this because PR enjoys when people talk about him(so we are giving him what his ego craves), but his perspective is that of the eternal pedagogue. He sees himself as the great Corrector. When someone has that form of narcissism, they never see themselves as flawed, let alone admit it.

You are asking a leopard to change his spots...it will never happen.

RichL

Nov 25, 2013, 10:02:13 AM11/25/13
"BobbyM" <massey...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Half the time in the OT: JFK thread his posts read as if he thought he was
> posting to the Beatles group.

That's basically because that battle had little to do with the content of
Marcus's original post; it's a carry-over from RMB, where similar battles
were conducted between Marcus and PR for years.

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 10:22:14 AM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 10:02:13 AM UTC-5, RichL wrote:
> "BobbyM" <> wrote in message
However, he didn't respond to the same post in RMB. Odd.

The Bloomfield Buddy

Nov 25, 2013, 10:44:39 AM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:11:43 AM UTC-5, Jordy Chase wrote:

> why not give people the benefit of the doubt and focus more on people's positive qualities and what unites us rather than what divides us?

LOL...this reminds me of the "Cobb" movie with Tommy Lee Jones playing Ty Cobb and someone asked him if he could just say one good thing about Babe Ruth. After thinking about it for a while he finally came out with "He ran okay for a fat man."

The Bloomfield Buddy

Nov 25, 2013, 10:46:57 AM11/25/13
Yeah, PR, how about you try this.

Give us one good quality each about Marcus, me and Rich to start.

The Bloomfield Buddy

Nov 25, 2013, 10:48:53 AM11/25/13
Jordy, did you see Dan Savage on Bill Maher the other night? He killed.

Jordy Chase

Nov 25, 2013, 11:20:06 AM11/25/13
Yep... I'm a regular viewer of Bill Maher, I agree with most of his opinions, though I really wish that he would do something to add some variety to his show, it has become so stale and predictable...
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

DianeE

Nov 25, 2013, 3:23:32 PM11/25/13

Funniest subject line ever!

Okay, let's all focus on *Eric's* positive qualities. Does he have any?

DianeE

The Bloomfield Buddy

Nov 25, 2013, 4:55:41 PM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:23:32 PM UTC-5, DianeE wrote:

> Funniest subject line ever! Okay, let's all focus on *Eric's* positive qualities. Does he have any? DianeE

I honestly can't think of anything.

He's conceited, obnoxious, rude, selfish, condescending, snobbish, haughty, bald, ugly, still lives at home, doesn't seem to have a job, and just a general dick.

BobbyM

Nov 25, 2013, 5:14:04 PM11/25/13
On 11/26/2013 3:21 AM, poisoned rose wrote:
> Jordy Chase <icn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> why not give people the benefit of the doubt
>> and focus more on people's positive qualities and what unites us rather
>> than what divides us?

> BobbyM: could intimidate any eight-year-old alive

I guess that makes pr about 6 years old mentally since he high tailed it
& kill filed me.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jordy Chase

Nov 25, 2013, 6:32:35 PM11/25/13

Well, I realize, as a long term Usenet member, that these kinds of posts can backfire, and the status quo may continue... but I really don't believe that they can make the situation worse... people who intend to argue and fight will do so regardless of this post or any other post of mine...

DianeE

Nov 25, 2013, 7:31:58 PM11/25/13

"poisoned rose" <pro...@poissonedrose.com> wrote in message
> "DianeE" <Tired...@SorryFolks.com> wrote:
>
>> Funniest subject line ever!
>>
>> Okay, let's all focus on *Eric's* positive qualities. Does he have any?
>
> It really is thoroughly disgusting how you always pretend not to know
> how indefensibly loathsome your chosen mate's behavior is. How do you
> get through a Usenet session and then look yourself in the mirror?
--------------
Well, that's what I get for trying to be nice to you.

DianeE

Message has been deleted

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 8:13:35 PM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 1:28:06 PM UTC-5, poisoned rose wrote:

>> Remember when other people use to defend you, back before your shabby,
>
> one-note fanaticism crippled your credibility so widely?

The old "Have you stopped beating your wife" type question.

I love how you manufacture descriptions and try to pass them off as given truths.

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 8:15:39 PM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 7:40:06 PM UTC-5, poisoned rose wrote:

> > > It really is thoroughly disgusting how you always pretend not to know
>
> > > how indefensibly loathsome your chosen mate's behavior is. How do you
>
> > > get through a Usenet session and then look yourself in the mirror?
>
> > --------------
>
> > Well, that's what I get for trying to be nice to you.
>

> Wow. So now you're pretending the above was "trying to be nice"? You are
>
> truly shameless. And of course, you're still dodging the truth.
>

> How's life as a Usenet moll?

Wow!

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 8:17:01 PM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 6:32:35 PM UTC-5, Jordy Chase wrote:
> Well, I realize, as a long term Usenet member, that these kinds of posts can backfire, and the status quo may continue... but I really don't believe that they can make the situation worse... people who intend to argue and fight will do so regardless of this post or any other post of mine...

I don't blame you for trying Jordy, but Eric is a hopeless case. I advise you to use your energies elsewhere.
Message has been deleted

marcus

Nov 25, 2013, 9:59:05 PM11/25/13
On Monday, November 25, 2013 8:25:53 PM UTC-5, poisoned rose wrote:
> You can see Marcus is now back in that pitiful mode of humping every
>
> post he can find about me.

Wow, Eric, go to the head of the class.

You actually made the discovery that I wrote about you in a thread about you, and in which your name is part of the subject title.

Please let us know when you have your next revelation.
Message has been deleted

DianeE

Nov 26, 2013, 6:45:57 AM11/26/13

"marcus" <marc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
-----------------
Yeah, that was pretty trippy.

DianeE

marcus

Nov 26, 2013, 8:03:20 AM11/26/13
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:45:57 AM UTC-5, DianeE wrote:
> "marcus" <> wrote in message
Well, as we all know, Eric never resorts to any kind of name calling.

rwalker

Nov 26, 2013, 11:42:08 AM11/26/13
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:55:17 -0800 (PST), marcus <marc...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
The best thing to be done with him is kill file him.

marcus

Nov 27, 2013, 9:49:32 AM11/27/13
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:42:08 AM UTC-5, rwalker wrote:

> The best thing to be done with him is kill file him.

What...and lose the eggs?

rwalker

Dec 4, 2013, 4:59:16 PM12/4/13
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 06:49:32 -0800 (PST), marcus <marc...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:42:08 AM UTC-5, rwalker wrote:
>
>> The best thing to be done with him is kill file him.
>
>What...and lose the eggs?

:)

jdcha...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2023, 9:53:28 AM4/25/23
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 3:11:43 AM UTC-5, Jordy Chase wrote:
> It seems to me, and I would venture to say others here too, that you tend to focus on what you percieve to be certain other people's flaws and falings and imperfections rather than their positive, endearing qualigties... there's not a person alive without flaws, and on the other side of the coin, there's not a person without strengths... granted, people like Hitler and Stalin and Idi Amin and Pol Pot and so on have flaws that far outnumber their strengths, but obviously noone here can reasonably be compared to vicious, brutal monsterous tyrants like them... and also, who we are online is, at best, a glimpse, an approximation of who we are in "real life"... why not give people the benefit of the doubt and focus more on people's positive qualities and what unites us rather than what divides us?
Wish people could give this a try on the Poetry group as well… sadly, this is just not going to happen…

The REAL Conley Brothers

Apr 27, 2023, 7:56:39 PM4/27/23
Maybe if you weren't such a cunt on alt.arts.poetry.comments and pretending to be innocent it would. You, Dockery and George Zod Sulzbach make dozens of "Bonjour" "Hola" "Shalom" "Hello my friend" posts daily with the soul purpose of keeping Dockery's poetry on the top. Most mornings one can wake up to the whole first page being his regurgitated crap from decades ago. bumped up by the mindless and never ending greetings. Are you a fool, a tard, a Willful idiot or plain ignorant, Isaac Chase? Why the need to bump other poets off the first page? We know Dockery's reason, as he wrote:

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:33:55 PM UTC, Will Dockery wrote:
> It is the best policy to keep the finest material near the
> top of the list.

Will Dockery

May 1, 2023, 5:53:44 PM5/1/23
On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 7:56:39 PM UTC-4, fake Conley Brothers forged:
This is a forgery and Identity theft.

Here's the real Conley Brothers performing with me:

https://youtu.be/BYETTK16jQI