Fay McKay/12 days of Christmas

Ron Grandia

Aug 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/20/98
Looking for a copy of a song by Fay McKay - the 12 days of Cristmas
in which the singer gets pregressively more inebriated as she sings the
song - Friggan' Hilarious! I NEED A COPY OF THIS SONG and will pay
for a good, clean record/recording/whatever.

Also, I am currently compiling a Christmas CD. This is my second
year. Last year's was EXTREMELY popular, and I am still making copies.
The focus of the compilation is novelty/demented/strange.. a lot of
stuff that you may have heard on Dr. D. Some examples from last year:

Be-bop Santa Claus - Babs Gonzales
Donde Esta Santa Claus - Augie Rios
Must Be Santa - Lorne Greene (!)
Want to see Santa do the Mambo - Big John Greer
Mele Kalikimake - Bing Crosby
Santa's Comin' in a Whirlybird - Gene Autry
And lots of suprises in-between tracks.
It's professionally packaged with KILLER
cover art from a rare copy of the the Comic
book "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."

The idea is to celebrate all that is WEIRD about this truly
bizarre Holiday. This started as a little home-project to make christmas
gifts for friends and clients, but I keep getting asked for extra
copies. It's getting out of hand.

I'd LOVE to hear from folks with suggestions of favorite Christmas
oddities. This is quickly becoming a Nationwide collaborative
effort, as many folks on the internet have replied with suggestions
and even some disks/tapes to loan. I obviously can't do this for
everyone, but I will send a disk to folks that REALLY go out of their
way to help.

Looking forward to hearing from YOU!

Art Schaak

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Back in '87 or so I did a tape of various things from the Dr. D. show
that was primarily about Christmas. I sent them out with Christmas
Cards, and still send out a few more every year. Some of the things
were wonderful, such as Frank Welker's 12 Days of Christmas and
Freberg's Green Christmas. Some of the things just touched a nerve,
like Basil Rathbone reading "Twas The Night Before Christmas" and some
thing Dr. Demento played about Santa Claus being in the Victrola. My
favorite piece has to be, though, the wonderful meaning of Christmas
thing that Albert Brooks did with some little girl.

I've never heard of Fay McKay, but I still suggest requesting it from
Dr. D.

del...@jumpgate.net

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
to Ron Grandia

Hmmm...this may have gotten mentioned in the 12 days of Christmas
thread on this newsgroup. I'll check Deja News.

del...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98
In article <35E5E4...@jumpgate.net>,

del...@jumpgate.net wrote:
> Ron Grandia wrote:
> >
> > Looking for a copy of a song by Fay McKay - the 12 days of Cristmas
> > in which the singer gets pregressively more inebriated as she sings the
> > song - Friggan' Hilarious! I NEED A COPY OF THIS SONG and will pay
> > for a good, clean record/recording/whatever.

> > I'd LOVE to hear from folks with suggestions of favorite Christmas
> > oddities. This is quickly becoming a Nationwide collaborative
> > effort, as many folks on the internet have replied with suggestions
> > and even some disks/tapes to loan. I obviously can't do this for
> > everyone, but I will send a disk to folks that REALLY go out of their
> > way to help.
> Hmmm...this may have gotten mentioned in the 12 days of Christmas
> thread on this newsgroup. I'll check Deja News.

Does three hours combing Deja News count as really going out of my way?

The list below has *all* the 12 Days of Christmas satires I found going
through this newsgroup's archives. Unfortunately, Fay McKay wasn't mentioned
until your post. I'm going to go dig on music blvd. Maybe they've heard of
it.

12 days of rehab by Pat Godwin
"The Big Show 12 Days of Christmas"
"The Twelve Gifts Of Christmas", by Allan Sherman
"12 Days Of Christmas", by the Mushroom Tabernacle Choir, Aka The 12 Drugs Of
Christmas.
12 Days Of Hearings - The Impartial Jury
The 12 Days Of Christmas - The Mammoth Yuletide Singers
The Twelve Days Of Christmas - Three Blonde Mice (Ringo Bells)
"A Terrorist Christmas", by James & Kling
"The 12 Tips Of Christmas", by The Reduced Shakespeare Company
The 12 Days Of Christmas - Yin & Yan
The Twelve Days of Christmas, from "It's A Cow Christmas" on Spinnaker
Enterprises SPI-42697.
The Twelve Days of A Cleveland Browns Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
The Twelve Days of A Philadelphia Eagle Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
The Twelve Days of A Los Angeles Rams Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
The Twelve Days of A Buffalo Bills Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
"The Twelve Drinks of Christmas"
"The Twelve Days Of Christmas," David Seville And The Chipmunks: Xmas With The
Chipmunks Vol 2
"Twelve Days Of Cryptmas,"
Tales From The Crypt: Have Yourself A Scary Little Christmas
by The Right Stuff
The Twelve Days of Christmas - The Canadian Brass

William Ian Gasarch's list, some songs snipped to avoid repeating them
---------------------------------------------------------------------- 12
Days After Christmas (the recipient "very gently wrung the necks of both the
Turtledoves.") - Nestor Pistor 12 days of Yaksmas by Ren & Stimpy on "Crock
O' Christmas". 12 days of Clinton (Capital steps) 12 days of Clinton (Loose
Bruce Kerr) 12 days of Clinton (On Rush Limbaugh Show) 12 Days of Christmas -
Chad Mitchell Trio 12 days of christmas (Bob and Doug Makenzie) 12 days of
christmas (Literal- e.g. `what am I going to do with a partridge?) 12 pains
of christmas (Bob Rivers Comedy Corp) A totally ridiculous 12 days of
christmas (Frank Welker) 12 days of Halloween Redneck 12 days of christmas
(Jeff Foxworthy) 12 days of business (Capital Steps) Chicago Christmas 12
days of Christmas in Hawaii (Lucky Luck, in Pidgen English) 12 Days Of
Christmas by John Denver & The Muppets (from "A Christmas Together") 12 days
of Christmas by John Valby aka Dr. Dirty (Kinda dirty, but hilarious) 12 Gays
Of Christmas by Venus Envy (from "I'll Be A Homo For Christmas" 1995) * 12
Gay Days Of Christmas by the Go Go Boys ("Gay Apparel Christmas Songs" 1996)
The (first) 12 Months of Florio [aka: The 12 Days of Taxes] by Ron Capik *

---------------------

THE FOLLOWING HAVE SATIRES OF `12 days of Christmas' as part of them:

Green Christmas by Stan Freberg

------------------------

NOTE: Tom Lehrer does NOT have a twelve-days satire.
His (brilliant) song `A Christmas Carol' does not have
a twelve-days satire embedded in it.

Rob Killam

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
In article <6s52b9$tlq$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, del...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>The Twelve Days of A Cleveland Browns Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
>The Twelve Days of A Philadelphia Eagle Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
>The Twelve Days of A Los Angeles Rams Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet
>The Twelve Days of A Buffalo Bills Christmas - Elliot, Walter & Bennet

I know there is a "Twelve Days of Atlanta Falcons Christmas" by them as well.
I'd be willing to bet there was one for each team in the NFL in 1980.

Dementedly yours,

Rob

David Samuel Barr

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98

All of which would be building upon the 1972 record, "The Game Plan to
Beat Miami" by The Monday Morning Quarterback -- a 12 Days of Christmas
parody about the Miami Dolphins with a Howard Cosell imitator.

Jonathan Greene

Dec 24, 2022, 12:27:20 PM12/24/22
I know this is a really old post....but you can find several of her versions online. If you're savvy...you can download the sound. I can't find a copy of a record of her anywhere.

https://soundcloud.com/fabulous-fay-mckay