The Johnny Otis Blue Monday (live on KPPC) - August 10, 1970 (8p-12m)

Jeff Morris

Aug 1, 2022, 7:32:57 AM8/1/22
The Johnny Otis Blue Monday (live on KPPC) - August 10, 1970 (8p-12m)
Special Topic: Barret Hansen from Specialty Records visiting
NOTE: This is not The Dr. Demento Show and is in fact before Barret Hansen
became Dr. Demento. This is not a comedy show. He's presenting his
compilation work for Specialty Records. His portion of the show ran about
8:15pm-10:10pm, and that is the only portion shown here.
The Honeydripper - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers

Honest I Do (brief in-studio performance) - Johnny Otis
Something's Goin' On In My Room - Daddy Cleanhead

Bloodstains On The Wall - Honeyboy
R.M. Blues - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders
Every Hour - Little Richard
I Love My Baby - Little Richard

Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
Long Tall Sally - Little Richard

Jesus Gave Me Water (brief accidental excerpts) - The Soul Stirrers
Keep A-Knockin' - Little Richard

Jesus Gave Me Water - The Soul Stirrers
I'll Come Running Back To You - Sam Cooke
Touch The Hem Of His Garment - The Soul Stirrers

Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Lloyd Price
The Things That I Used To Do - Guitar Slim & His Band

Mother Bowed - The Pilgrim Travelers
Dream Girl - Jesse & Marvin
Lucy Mae Blues (alternate take) - Frankie Lee Sims
Please Send Me Someone To Love - Percy Mayfield & Orchestra

Nite Owl - Tony Allen & The Champs
Koko Joe - Don & Dewey
Bony Moronie - Larry Williams
One Room Country Shack - Mercy Dee
I Ate The Wrong Part - Little Temple & His "88"

Unitar Rock - Willie Joe & His Unitar

Irene - The Holidays
Who's Been Fooling You? - Big Boy Myles & The Shaw-Wees