Re: Charlie Commercial Lyrics???

jdem...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2018, 2:51:52 PM7/28/18
On Friday, May 14, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Coolstrge wrote:
> Hello!
>
> If ANYONE can help me, it's gotta be you guys....
>
> My wife need the lyrics to the old commercial for CHARLIE perfume, from the
> late '70s. I remember MOST of the lyrics (It was sung by Bobby Short onscreen),
> but I'm stumped to recall how the darn thing ends.
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> THERE'S A FRAGRANCE THAT'S HERE TO STAY
> AND THEY CALL IT "CHARLIE"
> KIND OF FRAGRANCE THAT'S MADE YOUR WAY
> AND THEY CALL IT "CHARLIE"
> KINDA YOUNG, KINDA NOW - "CHARLIE"
> KINDA FRESH, KINDA *WOW!* - "CHARLIE"
>
> ... then there is one more line that I've lost forever.
>
> Anybody for Commercial Trivia?
>
> Please e-mail me privately, as well as to this group, as I don't often check
> here.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Dana Countryman
>
> Publisher/Editor
> Cool And Strange Music Magazine
> www.coolandstrange.com
> smi...@target.com

kind of free kind of now... Charlie
kind of free kind of wow ...Charlie!

docol...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2020, 8:37:58 PM6/23/20
Dont be super lazy. The commercials are all over YouTube. copy them down.

docol...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2020, 8:39:20 PM6/23/20
Dont be super lazy. Copy them from youtube.

Jeff Morris

Jun 27, 2020, 8:40:19 AM6/27/20
On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 8:39:20 PM UTC-4, docol...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dont be super lazy. Copy them from youtube.

Note that the original post was 1999, before YouTube existed! :)

R H

Jan 22, 2022, 1:44:07 PM1/22/22
On Friday, May 14, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Coolstrge wrote:
> Hello!
> If ANYONE can help me, it's gotta be you guys....
> My wife need the lyrics to the old commercial for CHARLIE perfume, from the
> late '70s. I remember MOST of the lyrics (It was sung by Bobby Short onscreen),
> but I'm stumped to recall how the darn thing ends.
> Here's what I have:
> THERE'S A FRAGRANCE THAT'S HERE TO STAY
> AND THEY CALL IT "CHARLIE"
> KIND OF FRAGRANCE THAT'S MADE YOUR WAY
> AND THEY CALL IT "CHARLIE"
> KINDA YOUNG, KINDA NOW - "CHARLIE"
> KINDA FRESH, KINDA *WOW!* - "CHARLIE"
> ... then there is one more line that I've lost forever.
> Anybody for Commercial Trivia?
> Please e-mail me privately, as well as to this group, as I don't often check
> here.
> Thanks!
> - Dana Countryman
> Publisher/Editor
> Cool And Strange Music Magazine
> www.coolandstrange.com
> smi...@target.com

"There's a fragrance that's here today, and they call it — Charlie! A different fragrance that thinks your way, and they call it – Charlie! Kinda young, kinda now, Charlie! ... The kind of fragrance that's gonna stay, and it's here now — Charlie!"