Leprosy / Yesterday Song Parody (possibly in a barbershop quartet style)

Rich Kegarise

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Hello,

I heard from a friend that Dr. Demento used to play a parody of the
Beatles' "Yesterday" called "Leprosy". I managed to find the lyrics
on the web, but I'm looking for an MP3. I have no idea who recorded
it. Any ideas or even information about this sing?

Rich

"Rumble, Rumble Rumble...Mutiny, Mutiny Mutiny..."

Stan Freberg

For automated e-mail spammers;
Addresses of Federal Communications Commission Officers:
Chairman Reed Hundt: rhu...@fcc.gov
Commissioner James Quello: jqu...@fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sn...@fcc.gov
Commissioner Rachelle Chong: rch...@fcc.gov

LDLANG

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
drd86.0105.html:Leprosy - Eu-Four-Ia
drd86.0406.html:Leprosy - Eu-Four-Ia
drd86.0824.html:Leprosy - EuFourla
drd86.1116.html:Leprosy - EuFourIa
drd87.0802.html:Leprosy - EuForia
drd88.0110.html:Leprosy - Eu-Four-Ia
drd98.0809.html:Leprosy - EuFourIa

Thanks to Jeff Morris' search engine.

DARGENTO

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
i heard Doctor Dirty (John Valby) do a song kinda like that. i dont know if
its on any of his cds. it goes like this:

SPOILER>........Lyrics are a bit dirty!!!!..................

Leprosy.
All my skin is coming off of me.
I'm not half the man I used to be.
Oh how did I get Leprosy?

Syphilis.
It just started with a simple kiss.
Now it even hurts to take a piss.
Oh how did I get Syphilis?

Why her box was sick, I dont know, she wouldnt say.
Now my dripping dick wont get thick like yesterday.

Yesterday, my cock was always coming out to play.
Now it needs 2 weeks to hide away.
Oh I believe in yesterday.

shannon...@yahoo.com

Nov 7, 2014, 10:06:15 PM11/7/14
I was there when my father helped write the lyrics. We laughed our butts off trying to come up with them (in Yosemite in the mid 80's.) The barbershop quartet Eufouria recorded it & Dr Demento played it on radio. I used to have a cassette with all the song parodies they wrote. Never found any recording on the web, probably since it's so old. The CORRECT lyrics to their version are:

Leprosy

by Eu-Four-Ia
parody of "Yesterday" by The Beatles

Leprosy,
What a sorry mess I am to see.
Even friends can't stand to look at me.
Oh, I despise
My leprosy.

Gradually,
I'm not half the man I used to be.
Pieces keep on falling off of me.
It happens now
So gradually.

When my tongue fell off,
I don't know, I couldn't say.
I said, [*garbled*] "mmmm mmmm mmmm".
Now I long for that sweet day
When I had no

Leprosy.
Making love with me could never be.
Yes, I've lost my chance for ecstasy.
Oh I despise
My leprosy.

Jim Sousae

Feb 11, 2022, 1:50:59 PM2/11/22
On Friday, November 7, 2014 at 7:06:15 PM UTC-8, shannon...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I was there when my father helped write the lyrics. We laughed our butts off trying to come up with them (in Yosemite in the mid 80's.) The barbershop quartet Eufouria recorded it & Dr Demento played it on radio. I used to have a cassette with all the song parodies they wrote. Never found any recording on the web, probably since it's so old. The CORRECT lyrics to their version are:
>
> Leprosy
>
> by Eu-Four-Ia
> parody of "Yesterday" by The Beatles

Here is some more information:
Lyrics and Arrangement by Paul Engel
Performed by Eufouria barbershop quartet
Lead - Roger Bates
Tenor - George Dort
Baritone - Paul Engel
Bass - Bob Burns