Question about Johnny Rodriguez

DVeal70704

Jul 19, 2002, 8:24:56 PM7/19/02
Wasn't he charged with murder or manslaughter a couple of years ago? What was
the outcome of that case?

Nshvlbrat

Jul 19, 2002, 9:37:22 PM7/19/02
>From: dveal70704

>Wasn't he charged with murder or manslaughter a couple of years ago? What was
>the outcome of that case?

INNOCENT!!!! =0)
-Brat

The only thing self-cleaning in
my house is the cat.....

mslinda

Jul 20, 2002, 12:25:59 AM7/20/02
Nshvlbrat wrote:

Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from him since.

Linda C.

~^Johnny^~

Jul 20, 2002, 7:34:36 AM7/20/02
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 04:25:59 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Nshvlbrat wrote:
>
>> >From: dveal70704
>>
>> >Wasn't he charged with murder or manslaughter a couple of years ago? What was
>> >the outcome of that case?
>>
>> INNOCENT!!!! =0)

>Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from him since.

Last I heard of him, he was ridin' his thumb to Mexico. ;->

--
-john

~~~~~~~~
"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have
the whole government working for you." -Will Rodgers
~~~~~~~~

Nshvlbrat

Jul 20, 2002, 9:57:43 AM7/20/02
>>Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from him since.

Sad....he has one of the best voices Nashville's ever seen or heard. No one
could work with him, though. That's what drugs will do for you. He got down
to about 100 lbs at one point (cocaine). I heard he straightened up for a
while...until he got back to Texas and his beer drinking buddies...but then
beer has always been John's drug of choice.

Too damn bad...I still love his old stuff. Known him since he was 23....and
when he's straight, his the most lovable guy in the whole world...

Balecox

Jul 20, 2002, 11:29:12 AM7/20/02
>>>he most lovable guy in the whole world...<<<

He really is....what a peach.

~^Johnny^~

Jul 20, 2002, 1:33:14 PM7/20/02

Good old "Johnny R". That's what the local DJs used to call him.

Oddly enough, it seems he faded into the woodwork, about the time
Freddy Fender started makining crossover hits, into the mainstream
country charts, with his own bi-lingual singing style.

-just an observation

--
-john

~~~~~~~~
The keeper at the gate is blind
so you'd better be prepared to pay
-Steve Earle
~~~~~~~~

swamp lizard

Jul 20, 2002, 5:35:16 PM7/20/02
mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3D38E64D...@earthlink.net>...

He was married at one time to Robyn Bernard, the older sister of
Crystal Bernard. They are now divorced. At least I think they are.

mslinda

Jul 20, 2002, 6:59:38 PM7/20/02
swamp lizard wrote:

I don't recall that, but he was married for a while to one of Willie Nelson's daughters -
Lana, I think.

Linda C.

mslinda

Jul 20, 2002, 7:04:00 PM7/20/02
Nshvlbrat wrote:

His is truly one of the saddest stories about ruining your life and career with
drugs.

Linda C.

Jeff Wall

Jul 20, 2002, 8:58:24 PM7/20/02

>His is truly one of the saddest stories about ruining your life and career with
>drugs.
>
>Linda C.

I got a long list of those if you are interested

Keith Whitley
Mel Street
Carter Stanley

and a whole lot more who ain't dead yet and therefore I don't feel like really
mentioning their names

Nshvlbrat

Jul 20, 2002, 9:12:52 PM7/20/02
>From: swamplizard1964

>He was married at one time to Robyn Bernard, the older sister of
>Crystal Bernard. They are now divorced. At least I think they are.

If that was the last wife, they are. The last marriage (there were 3 or 4)
produced his only child, a little girl.

Willie Nelson's daughter, Lana, was the next to the last wife...

mslinda

Jul 21, 2002, 5:30:18 PM7/21/02
Jeff Wall wrote:

Yep. And I suspect Waylon and Roger Miller would still be with us if they had taken
better care of themselves when they were younger.

Linda C.

~^Johnny^~

Jul 22, 2002, 3:57:45 AM7/22/02
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:04:00 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>His is truly one of the saddest stories about ruining your life and career with
>drugs.

Second only to Carlene Carter. ;`(

--
-john

~~~~~~~~
Always listen to experts. They will explain what
can't be done and why. Then do it. - Robert Heinlein
~~~~~~~~

~^Johnny^~

Jul 22, 2002, 4:04:29 AM7/22/02
>>His is truly one of the saddest stories about ruining your life and career with
>>drugs.

>I got a long list of those if you are interested

>Keith Whitley
>Mel Street
>Carter Stanley

Freddie Prince
Elvis Presley
John Bonham
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix

...you don't have to be country to screw up

~^Johnny^~

Jul 22, 2002, 4:07:49 AM7/22/02
On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:30:18 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Yep. And I suspect Waylon and Roger Miller would still be with us if they had taken
>better care of themselves when they were younger.

What are we saying then? Cancer? Diabetes?

Yes, lifestyles go way beyond street drugs.
The two pillars of personal hygeine are diet and exercise.

Linda, methinks you have just opened a can of worms! :-)

This is liable to be quite a long thread...

mslinda

Jul 22, 2002, 1:24:18 PM7/22/02
~^Johnny^~ wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:30:18 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Yep. And I suspect Waylon and Roger Miller would still be with us if they had taken
> >better care of themselves when they were younger.
>
> What are we saying then? Cancer? Diabetes?

Yes, lung cancer for Miller, diabetes for Waylon. Waylon also had bypass surgery and at
least one stroke.

> Yes, lifestyles go way beyond street drugs.
> The two pillars of personal hygeine are diet and exercise.
>
> Linda, methinks you have just opened a can of worms! :-)
>
> This is liable to be quite a long thread...
>
> --
> -john

Hey, at least nobody's dragged Toby Keith into it yet. <g>

Linda C.

~^Johnny^~

Jul 23, 2002, 2:50:37 PM7/23/02
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:24:18 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Hey, at least nobody's dragged Toby Keith into it yet.

Who's that man?

jayy

Jul 23, 2002, 3:32:07 PM7/23/02
In article <foenjug48j9qhr0mf...@4ax.com>, ne...@lightstrip.com wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:04:00 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>His is truly one of the saddest stories about ruining your life and career
> with
>>drugs.
>
>Second only to Carlene Carter. ;`(

Ooooh... That mug shot.... sooooo sad...

~^Johnny^~

Jul 23, 2002, 4:30:03 PM7/23/02
wrote:

>> >Yep. And I suspect Waylon and Roger Miller would still be with us if they had taken
>> >better care of themselves when they were younger.
>>
>> What are we saying then? Cancer? Diabetes?
>
>Yes, lung cancer for Miller, diabetes for Waylon. Waylon also had bypass surgery and at
>least one stroke.

I'm sorry. I was just pointing out the obvious.
At the same time, I was questioning your assessment of
their situations. We ALL can benefit from better personal hygiene.

I am not going to go so far as to chant "everything is relative", for
fear of condoning, and even endorsing frank complacency.

Cancer can strike, no matter what the lifestyle, at least here in
the US. There are environmental issues. True, the odds become
greater, as we lean towards a more carefree lifestyle.

Type II diabetes is no disease to fool with. But it is insidious, in
its cause. Sugar itself has relatively little to do with it. Victims
of this disease produce insulin, all right, and plenty of it - but
it is corrupt - chemically altered from normal insulin. Processed
foods, additives, and especially hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) are
the culprits here.

Yet the media screams "Low in saturated fat". They don't mention the
most deadly of all: trans-fats, created during the hydrogenation
process. Diabetes is wrongly attributed to sugar intake, per se.
This is ludicrous. Everything winds up as glucose, in the liver,
to be stored as glycogen, for energy. It is the only sugar our cells
can use. Type II diabetics have to watch their sugar intake for
another reason: their insulin is quite ineffective against "spiking
the blood sugar level", once they have the disease. But sugar
doesn't cause the disease.

This is why diabetes is so insidious.

I'm not angry with you, Linda - I am angry with our "government" -
for suppressing the very knowledge that has been heeded in other parts
of the world for many generations; knowledge suppressed in the names
of: "American Cancer Society", "American Heart Association",
"National Diabetes Foundation", etc.

<SORRY, BUT...>
I apologize for the off-topic rant, and for getting out on a tangent.
Being skeptical is one of my rights ...
</SORRY, BUT...>

~^Johnny^~

Jul 23, 2002, 5:23:00 PM7/23/02

It hurts. It really does.

-make no mistake about it

--
-john

~~~~~~~~
I don't know of anybody that has a perfect life
- Marie Osmond
~~~~~~~~

tlbar...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 12:45:59 PM7/23/14
Johnny was aquitted as his actions were in self defense.

tlbar...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 12:54:10 PM7/23/14
Johnny Rodriguez's first wife was Linda Patterson from Conyars, Ga. They were wed Feb. 17, 1976. Linda and John divorced and afterwards he wed Robyn Benard who was from Houston, TX. at a restaurant in Nashville in a Sept. surprize wedding. They divorced and he married Willie Nelson's daughter Lana. They divorced and John wed Debbie McNeely with whom he had his only child with, a daughter named Aubrey. He and Debbie also divorced. Johnny still performs around Texas and in TN. some.He has a fan club site on facebook called The Ledgenary Johnny Rodriguez Fans oversen by Donna Smith.

malle...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2014, 11:09:52 AM10/15/14
Johnny is still singing & doing a great job.
Here is a short video. There are more than 500 on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/dMn7WxjeGls

Here is his website.

http://johnnyrodriguezmusic.com/

Here you will find a list of upcoming shows.

papaco...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 2:48:12 AM8/8/18
On Friday, July 19, 2002 at 5:24:56 PM UTC-7, DVeal70704 wrote:
> Wasn't he charged with murder or manslaughter a couple of years ago? What was
> the outcome of that case?

He was cleared of all charges.