Kris Kristofferson's first album - Band Members

Alvaro

Oct 19, 2001, 8:10:23 AM10/19/01

I'd like to know the names of the musicians who played in
Kristofferson's first album.

There's no information about it in the re-edition of the
album. I was wondering if they were people such as Charlie
McCoy, Norbert Putnam, Jerry Carrigan.

Thanks in advance.

- Alvaro

elen

Oct 19, 2001, 11:08:31 AM10/19/01
If "Silver Tongued Devil'" was his first--and I think it was ,the
musicians were:

Guitar: Jerry Kennedy, Jerry Shook, Chris Gantry
Bass: Norbert Putnam, Bobby Dyson, Billy Swan
Drums: Jerry Carrigan
Keyboard: David Briggs
Dobro: Norman Blake
Harmonica & Vibes: Charlie McCoy
Piano; Donnie Frits

Elen

Alvaro

Oct 22, 2001, 7:44:24 AM10/22/01
Elen wrote:

> If "Silver Tongued Devil'" was his first--and I think it was ,the
> musicians were:
>
> Guitar: Jerry Kennedy, Jerry Shook, Chris Gantry
> Bass: Norbert Putnam, Bobby Dyson, Billy Swan
> Drums: Jerry Carrigan
> Keyboard: David Briggs
> Dobro: Norman Blake
> Harmonica & Vibes: Charlie McCoy
> Piano; Donnie Frits
>
> Elen

Kris Kristofferson's first album was called "Kristofferson" (it was
later re-edited as Me & Bobby McGee). I think that his second album
was "The Silver Tongued Devil And I". However, the band is probably
the same. Although I don't have "The Silver" I've heard a few songs
from it and the sound is similar, so I guess that the musicians are
the same. By the way, what an incredible band!
I'm used to hear Elvis' Nashville recordings and they sound different
even when they're almost the same musicians:

Norbert Putnam on bass
Jerry Carrigan on drums
Charlie McCoy on harp and organ
David Briggs on piano and organ
James Burton on guitar.

That's what I wanted to know. So... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.