"It's Finally Friday...." song????

Shawn

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Christina Lieu wrote:

> I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
> the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.
>
> Thank You.
>
> -C
>
> --

I'm pretty sure it's George Jones. The radio station I listen to
plays that song every Friday at 5 p.m.

Ronnie Williams

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

On 9 Oct 1997 03:11:37 GMT, cal...@eeucd.cudenver.edu (Christina Lieu)
wrote:

>I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
>the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.

I think that might be "Except for monday" by Lorrie Morgan

M.J. Holt

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Christina Lieu <cal...@eeucd.cudenver.edu> wrote in article
<61hi19$n3i$1...@carbon.cudenver.edu>...

> I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
> the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.
>

> Thank You.
>
> -C

I'm not sure of the exact title, I think it's just "Finally Friday", and
it's sung by Earl Thomas Conely.

Ronnie Williams

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

On Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:07:47 GMT, be...@altamaha.net (Ronnie Williams)
wrote:

>On 9 Oct 1997 03:11:37 GMT, cal...@eeucd.cudenver.edu (Christina Lieu)
>wrote:
>

>>I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
>>the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.
>>

>I think that might be "Except for monday" by Lorrie Morgan

No that's not it. I'm sorry for the wrong info.

Max A. Hartwig

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

Christina Lieu wrote:

> I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
> the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.

There's a song my Moe Bandy/Joe Stampley that has something to do
with Fridays being the end of the week. I don't recall the exact name,
but it is on their Greatest Hits cd. I'll have to go home and listen to
it to be sure if "finally Friday" is in it.

Brccindy

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

our country station plays it every Friday...George Jones sings the version I
hear...they add lots of little "puns" and stunts to it, though...
try asking your local DeeJay about it...good luck...and let me know..

BRCC...@aol.com

Grnbrier

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

cal...@eeucd.cudenver.edu (Christina Lieu) writes:

<I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.>>

I think it might be "It Sure Is Monday" by Mark Chesnutt.

"It's finally friday, lookin' for another long weekend... blah blah blah blah,
but It sure is monday...and I feel like hell"--something along those lines.

Stetzonman

Johnny Reb

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

Try George Jones on the album "Walls Can Fall".

Johnny Reb

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

True. It was written by Dennis Robbins, Bobby Boyd, DeWayne Mize, and Warren
Haynes, and George Jones recorded it on his album "Walls Can Fall", the same
album with "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair".
Jeff Levin wrote in message <01bcd77e$ee60be60$06e965ce@oemcomputer>...

>Ronnie Williams <be...@altamaha.net> wrote in article
><343c9e5c.129467006@news>...

>> On 9 Oct 1997 03:11:37 GMT, cal...@eeucd.cudenver.edu (Christina Lieu)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm looking looking for a song that has "It's Finally Friday...." in
>> >the lyric. I need the name of the song and the person who sings it.
>> >
>> I think that might be "Except for monday" by Lorrie Morgan
>>

>No, no, no. "Finally Friday" was written, I believe, by Dennis Robbins
>(one of the old Billy Hill guys). It's been recorded by lots of people,
>and is on one of Earl Thomas Conley's last albums (the one with "What She
>Needs").

Jeff Levin

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

andrewsc...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2019, 10:19:21 PM8/9/19
Wow this is old

schoon...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2019, 11:34:17 PM12/14/19
Finally Friday was my deceased husband, Ivan DeWayne Mize that he wrote, and another gentleman I do not know. George Jones made it a number 1 hit. They dubbed in several different ways to start it on tge radio. DeWayne received a Gold Album for it. I gave it to his son at DeWayne's funeral.DeWayne was born in Des Arc, Missouri and lived for many years in Tennessee. Then moved to Illinois where we were married. He was my best friend for 9 years and the Best Song Writer I have ever known. You should find this song on any of George Jones'#1 hit albums."I'll be sittin' on Ready and Rockin' on Go" was a fraze he used all the time growing up in Des Arc, Missouri,and used it in his song. It's easy to find.
Sincerely Louise

Wesley Mize

Mar 31, 2021, 8:20:08 PM3/31/21
My father wrote this song. Louise can you reach out to me please?