Unknown Artist - Can Anyone ID from this song's lyrics?

KISSFAQ

Jan 14, 2002, 9:17:22 PM1/14/02
Help, unknown Artist - Can Anyone ID from this song's lyrics? This has
completely bugged me a driven me nuts for years and through all of my
searches I have been unable to discover who the artist is who wrote and
recorded the following song, most likely in the late-1970's/early-1980's. If
anyone can help ID it, I'd very much appreciate it!

Title possibly "Thunder (In My Heart)"... it's rock...

[Verse]
Strong desire
Takes control of me tonight
I'm on fire
You know I'd sell my soul tonight

All I wanted is one more try
I can't take any more
It's killing me now
But I still here it cry

[Chorus]

And it sounds like thunder (in my heart)
A feeling of hunger (in my heart)
Sounds like thunder (in my heart)
Sounds like thunder

[Verse]
No more waiting
You know I've waited for so long
Strength is fading
But the drive is just as strong

No denying
I cry and I cry
I can't take any more
I don't want to care
But I still here it cry

[Chorus]

Never know 'till you let it go
Did you still want more
You want more
You want more

[Solo]

[Chorus]

You know that it sounds like thunder (in my heart)
A feeling of hunger (in my heart)
Sounds like thunder (in my heart)
Sounds like thunder

Pat Wong

Jan 14, 2002, 10:11:44 PM1/14/02
There's a song called "Thunder In My Heart" by Leo Sayer. Could that be
the one you're looking for?

--
~8^) Pat Wong (ICQ #61070813)
http://home.attbi.com/~napathon/

DWT

Jan 15, 2002, 12:04:27 PM1/15/02
"Pat Wong" <Vinyl-Junkie...@brothersgibb.com> wrote in
<Q5N08.19127$Tq.186079@rwcrnsc54>:

| There's a song called "Thunder In My Heart" by Leo Sayer. Could that be
| the one you're looking for?

That's not it. I have a copy of the Sayer song and just played it. The
lyrics are completely different from those that kissfaq posted, plus the
"chorus" and "solo" markings don't apply, as Sayer has no background singers
on that track (at least none that I heard).

The search continues.

Kevin L Curtis

Jan 16, 2002, 11:27:39 AM1/16/02

I found this link doing a google search (www.google.com) using:
"A feeling of hunger" "Sounds like thunder"

http://crydee.sai.msu.su/public/lyrics/cs-uwp/k/kiss/misc

--
Kevin L Curtis
"Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely." -Rodin

Lenny Smith

Jan 16, 2002, 4:11:05 PM1/16/02

"Kevin L Curtis" <Kevin....@West.Boeing.com> wrote in message

Wow, all that, and Rip & Destroy to boot!!! Cool!!! Thunder In My Heart
sure sounds like it's about kicking drugs...

Lenny

KISSFAQ

Jan 16, 2002, 5:37:43 PM1/16/02
And unfortunately, it's definately not a KISS song. The song/demo used to
circulate on a bootleg in the 1980's, along with other non-KISS song's like
"1980's Ladies" (Circus Circus - ie. Blackie Lawless), "Suicide" & "Take It
All From Me" (both by Zon).

I've heard suggestions that it's a song by Kagny & The Dirty Rats, but is
not on their album. Even thought of a possible Paul Sabu connection since
"Wet And Wild" and "Rock Me Slowly" were often called KISS demos! That one
didn't pan out either. Kagny featured the children of a bunch of Motown
honchos, and included Mark Torien, later of Ratt and The Bulletboys.

One thing is for sure, it's not Leo Sawyer or John Farnham... Others who
have recorded a song with the same title include Timmy Shaw (Great R&B song,
but it's not him either), Irene Cara (1982), Hurricane Smith (1977, though
doubtful since he was a R&B trumpet player!!), so without a clue I confess
confusion!

Thanks for searching though.

"Lenny Smith" <vze3...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Kevin L Curtis

Jan 16, 2002, 8:01:15 PM1/16/02
It did mention at the link site that this song was unreleased. Could it
be one of KISS's "works in progress" that fell by the wayside?

Brad

Feb 14, 2002, 5:15:27 PM2/14/02
Kevin L Curtis <Kevin.L...@Boeing.com> wrote in message news:<3C46225B...@Boeing.com>...

I thought I would join in the conversation simply because I am a huge
fan of KISS. It seems like you have exhausted all efforts to find out
the artist of that "Thunder" song. I know a bit about eighties rock
and those lyrics do not ring a bell. The type of lyrics remind me of
the Scorpions. Not as good as KISS, mind you. Hope to hear from you
soon.