Looking For Van Den Budenmayer

kavs

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone here has heard of a Dutch Composer called
'Van Den Budenmayer'. I was after one of his pieces in sheet music for piano
'Concerto in e'.

The same piece backed up as the leading music score in the well known
Polish/French Film The double Life of Veronique.

if anyone can give me any information i would be grateful

Rob Barnett

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98

I asked about this months ago and discovered the following. There is
a website for Preisner - sorry but do not have hte URL - search on
Alta Vista should get you there.

Van den Budenmayer is a fictional composer.

His music was written by the real Polish composer Zbigniew Preisner.
Preisner has been very active in film music.

The work you mention has just been issued on a collectionm of choral
classics by Silva Screen - IO can give you the detaiuls if you wish.

Rob
--
Rob Barnett
Editor, British Music Society, Newsletter

Paul Mackintosh

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
Well, does anyone know whether Van den Budenmayer actually existed, or is
this just Kießlowski messing with our heads again?[!] I liked the Van den
B. as used in "Three Colours: Red", but I wouldn't put it past the tricky
Pole to have passed off one of his friends' compositions under that name.

Paul Mackintosh
pau...@websters.co.uk

kavs <kral...@tig.com.au> wrote in article
<6rb26f$cbd$1...@toto.tig.com.au>...