"Does anyone outside of music schools really enjoy the latest cacophony foisted upon restive but intimidated concertgoers as “modern” music?"

gggg gggg

Jul 18, 2021, 1:13:51 AM7/18/21

gggg gggg

Jul 18, 2021, 1:21:28 AM7/18/21
On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 10:13:51 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/on-taste/

That recent article also says:

- Those who dissent from the popular taste will tell you that a Bach cantata, a Beethoven symphony, or a Wagner opera can not only stir our sensual nature but penetrate to the recesses of the human heart.

Oregonian Haruspex

Jul 19, 2021, 7:25:03 PM7/19/21
When they play some new garbage on the local classical station it’s almost
always utter trash. Fit to torture dissidents, maybe, but not something one
would enjoy.

gggg gggg

Aug 4, 2021, 12:48:28 AM8/4/21
On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 10:13:51 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/on-taste/

(Youtube upload):

Q&A: Is Contemporary Music 'Culturally Relevant'?
Message has been deleted

gggg gggg

May 10, 2022, 10:46:44 PM5/10/22
On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 10:13:51 PM UTC-7 wrote:
> https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/on-taste/

(Recent Youtube upload):

"Ask Dave: Can We Judge Serial/Avant-Garde Music?"