LARGE CD COLLECTION FOR SALE (OPERA)

Vinh Nguyen

Jun 30, 1993, 11:16:25 PM6/30/93

This is a follow-up to a previous list of non-operatic
CDs that I'm putting out for sale. I would like to thank
the people who have responded to my previous post and
will try to answer each of you asap. In a few days
I will post an update of that list (since I'm beginning
to get confused myself as to what's still available since
many people seem to want to get certain same recordings).
I would ask for your patience and again I thank you all.

PS: To those who have asked why I am "sacrificing" a fine
collection that has taken me many (many many) years to
build up? The simple answer is that this poor graduate
student can't afford to keep such a large (and some would
think extravagant -- esp. my parents) luxury while he
can't find a summer job to stay afloat. (And I don't
even major in music or performance history to justify
such a costly "hobby" either). There! Sad but true! :-)

In any case, I'm sure that I won't manage to sell EVERY
SINGLE ITEM listed for sale, so those remnants of my
"prized collection" (plus another small core of "basic
unpartable items") will have to do to keep me happy
listening for years to come .... until I can get out
of school, get a teaching job somewhere, and start again
to build another fine music collection ... which I hope
I won't have to part with again! :-)

Okay, without much further ado, here's the list for
operas only. Happy browsing ....

I need to sell a large corner of my music collection in the
next few weeks. I am posting below a tentative "initial" list
of what I have to sell. There will be two lists, actually: one
for non-opera recordings and the other for opera recordings.

All titles are in CDs. Unless otherwise noted, the CDs are
mostly in near-mint condition (boxed sets with carton & mylar
covers) & come with the original packaged documentation.

Unless otherwise noted/negotiated I'm asking an average price
of $8 per disc, with preference (and possible discount) for
large quantity purchase. Shipping might roughly be calculated
like this:

Purchase of under $25 (3 dics or fewer?): $3 shipping
Purchase of under $75 (fewer than 10 discs?): $5 shipping
Purchase of under $150 (fewer than 20 discs?): $8 shipping
Purchase above $200 (more than 25 discs?): $10 shipping

Of course, these are only rough guidelines. (The problem with
opera CDs is that they are usually "heavier" than non-opera
recordings because of all the extra carton boxes & booklets
and what not ....).

Please inform me of the choices you'd like to purchase by
sending email to vng...@husc.harvard.edu, and I will confirm
if such titles are have not yet been purchased (clearly I only
have a single copy for each of the titles listed below!).

Once we have confirmed and agreed on the selection and total
price of the purchase, I will give you my address to which you
can please send your check/money order (or some form of legal
tender, I guess).

Many thanks.
Vinh Nguyen
vng...@husc.harvard.edu

List of Opera CDs to be sold

BEETHOVEN: FIDELIO. Christa Ludwig (Leonore), Jon Vickers
(Florestan), Gottlob Frick (Rocco), Walter Berry (Don Pizarro),
Franz Crass (Don Fernando), Ingeborg Hallstein (Marzelline),
Gehard Unger (Jaquino), Kurt Wehofschitz (Prisoner #1), Raymond
Wolansky (Prisoner #2). Philharmonia Orchestra & Chorus: Otto
Klemperer. EMI CMS 769324-2, 1962 (2 CDs). With billingual
libretto.

BEETHOVEN: FIDELIO. Martha Moedl (Leonore), Anton Dermota
(Florestan), Ludwig Weber (Rocco), Paul Schoeffler (Don
Pizarro), Karl Kamann (Don Fernando), Irmgard Seefried
(Marzelline), Waldemar Kmentt (Jaquino), Karl Terkal
(Prisoner #1), Alfred Jerger (Prisoner #2). Vienna
Philharmonic & Chorus of the Vienna State Opera: Karl Boehm.
Vienna, 11 May 1955 (live -- reopening of the Staatsoper).
Memoria CMM2 (2 CDs). German only libretto.

BELLINI: I CAPULETTI E I MONTECCHI. Giacomo Aragall (Romeo),
Renata Scotto (Juliet), Luciano Pavarotti (Tebaldo), Gaetano
Ferrin (Capellio), Alfredo Giacomotti (Fra Lorenzo). Orchestra
& Chorus of La Scala: Claudio Abbado. Milan, 8 January 1968
(live). A Night at the Opera PTP 251221/2 (2 CDs).
No libretto.

BELLINI: NORMA. Maria Callas (Norma), Mario Del Monaco
(Pollione), Ebe Stignani (Adalgisa), Giuseppe Modesti
(Oroveso), Rina Cavallari (Clotilde), Athos Cesarini
(Flavio). Orchestra & Chorus of RAI, Rome: Tullio Serafin.
Rome, 29 June 1955 (live). Virtuoso 2699062 (3 cds).
Italian only libretto.

BELLINI: NORMA. Maria Callas (Norma), Mario Del Monaco
(Pollione), Giulietta Simionato (Adalgisa), Nicola Zaccaria
(Oreveso), Gariella Carturan (Clotilde), Giuseppe Zampieri
(Flavio). Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Antonino Votto.
Milan, 7 December 1955 (live). Lyric HRE 1007-2 (2 CDs).
($20 for set). No libretto.

BELLINI: NORMA (hightlights). Maria Callas (Norma), Franco
Corelli (Pollione), Christa Ludwig (Adalgisa), Nicola Zaccaria
(Oroveso). Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Tullio Serafin.
EMI CDM 763091-2, 9/1960 (1 CD). No libretto.

BELLINI: NORMA. Joan Sutherland (Norma), Luciano Pavarotti
(Pollione), Montserat Caballe (Adalgisa), Samuel Ramey
(Oroveso), Diana Montague (Clotilde), Kim Begley (Flavio).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Welsh National Opera: Richard
Bonynge. London Dig. 414476-2, 11-12/1984 (3 CDs). ($27
for set). With 4-lang libretto (carton box).

BELLINI: IL PIRATA. Montserat Caballe (Imogene), Bernabe
Marti (Gualtiero), Piero Capuccilli (Ernesto), Giuseppe Baratti
(Itulbo), Ruggero Raimondi (Goffredo), Flora Rafanelli (Adele).
Orchestra & Chorus of RAI, Rome: Gianandrea Gavazzeni. EMI
CDMB 64169, 7/1970 (2 CDs). With billingual libretto.

BELLINI: I PURITANI. Joan Sutherland (Elvira), Luciano
Pavarotti (Lord Arturo Talbo), Piero Capuccilli (Sir Riccardo
Forth), Nicolai Ghiaurov (Sir Giorgio Valton), Gian Carlo
Luccardi (Lord Gualtiero Valton), Renato Cazzaniga (Sir Bruno
Roberton), Anita Caminada (Enrichetta di Francia). LSO &
Chorus of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden: Richard
Bonynge. London 417588-2, 5-7/1973 (3 CDs). ($30 for set).
With 4-lang libretto (carton box).

BELLINI: LA SONAMBULA. Maria Callas (Amina), Nicola Monti
(Elvino), Nicola Zaccaria (Il Conte Rodolfo), Fiorenza Cossotto
(Teresa), Mariella Angioletti (Lisa), Dino Mantovani (Alessio),
Franco Ricciardi (Un Notaro). Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala:
Antonino Votto. Edinburg 21 August 1959 (live). Virtuoso
2697252 (2 CDs). Italian only libretto.

BIZET: CARMEN. Leontyne Price (Carmen), Franco Corelli (Don
Jose), Robert Merrill (Escamillo), Mirella Freni (Micaela),
Monique Linval (Frasquita), Genevieve Macaux (Mercedes),
Jean-Christophe Benoit (El Dancairo), Maurice Besancon (El
Remendado), Frank Schooten (Zuniga), Bernard Demigny (Morales).
VPO, Chorus of the Vienna State Opera & Vienna Boys Choir:
Herbert von Karajan. 11/1963. RCA 6199-2 RG (3 CDs). With
billingual libretto.

BIZET: CARMEN. Regine Crespin (Carmen), Gilbert Py (Don Jose),
Jose van Dam (Escamillo), Jeanette Pilou (Micaela), Maria Rosa
Carminati (Frasquita), Nadine Denize (Mercedes), Jacques
Trigeau (Le Dancaire), Remy Corazza (Le Remendado), Pierre
Thau (Zuniga), Paul Guigue (Morales). Orchestre Philharmonique
de Strassbourg, Choeurs de l'Opera du Rhin & Choeurs d'Enfants
de Saint-Maurice: Alain Lombard. Erato 2292-455732, 9/1974
(2 CDs). With billingual libretto (carton box).

BOITO: MEFISTOFELE. Nicolai Ghiaurov (Mefistofele), Alfredo
Kraus (Faust), Renata Tebaldi (Margherita), Elena Suliotis
(Elena), Mary MacKenzie (Martha), Piero De Palma (Wagner),
Margaret Roggero (Pantalis), Herbert Kraus (Nereo). Unknown
Orchestra & Chorus: Nino Sanzogno. Unknown location 1965
(live). Legendary Recordings LRCD 1024-2 (2 CDs). ($18 for
set). No libretto.

BRITTEN: PETER GRIMES. Peter Pears (Peter Grimes), Claire
Watson (Ellen Orford), James Pease (Captain Balstrode), David
Kelly (Hobson), Owen Brannigan (Swallow), Lauris Elms (Mrs.
Sedley), Jean Watson (Auntie), Marion Studholme (Niece 1),
Iris Kells (Niece 2), Raymond Nilsson (Bob Boles), John Lanigan
(The Rector), Geraint Evans (Ned Keene), Marcus Norman (John).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden:
Benjamin Britten. London 414577-2, 12/1958 (3 CDs). With
English libretto (carton box).

CATALANI: LA WALLY. Renata Tebaldi (Wally), Silvio Majonica
(Stromminger), Jolanda Gardino (Afra), Pinuccia Perotti
(Walter), Giacinto Prandelli (Giuseppe Hagenbach), Dino Dondi
(Vincenzo Gellner dell' Hochstoff), Dimitri Lopatto (Il Pedone
di Schnals). Orchestra & Chorus of RAI, Rome: Arturo Basile.
Foni Cetra CDC7, 1960 (2 CDs). ($18 for set). Italian only
libretto.

CHERUBINI: MEDEA. Maria Callas (Medea), Mirto Picchi
(Giasone), Giuseppe Modesti (Creonte), Renata Scotto (Glauce),
Miriam Pirazzini (Neris), Alfredo Giocomotti (Capo delle
guardie), Lidia Marimpietri & Elvira Galassi (Due Ancelle).
Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Tullio Serafin. 9/1957.
BEETHOVEN: Ah! Perfido! op 65. Maria Callas (soprano) &
Orchestre de la Societe des Concerts du Conservatoire:
Nicola Rescigno. 12/1963-1/1964. EMI CDM 76326-2 (2 CDs).
With bilingual libretto.

CHERUBINI: MEDEA. Maria Callas (Medea), Jon Vickers (Giasone),
Nicola Zaccaria (Creonte), Jon Carlyle (Glauce), Fiorenza
Cosotto (Neris), David Allen (Capo delle guardie), Mary Wells &
Elizabeth Rust (Due ancelle). Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal
Opera House, Covent Garden: Nicola Rescigno. London 30 June
1959 (live). Virtuoso 2697262 (2 CDs). Italian only libretto.

DELIBES: LAKME. Joan Sutherland (Lakme), Gabriel Bacquier
(Nilakantha), Alain Vanzo (Gerald), Jame Berbie (Mallika),
Emile Belcourt (Hadji), Gwenyth Annear (Ellen), Claud Cales
(Frederick), Josepthe Clement (Rose), Monica Sinclair (Miss
Bentson). Orchestre National de l'Opera de Monte-Carlo:
Richard Bonynge. London 425485-2, 10/1967 (2 CDs). With
bilingual libretto.

DONIZETTI: ANNA BOLENA. Joan Sutherland (Anna Bolena),
Samuel Ramey (Enrico VIII), Jerry Hadley (Lord Riccardo Percy),
Susanne Mentzer (Giovanna Seymour), Bernadette Manca di Nissa
(Smeton), Giorgio Surian (Lord Rochefort), Ernesto Gavazzi
(Sir Hervey). Orchestra & Chorus of the Welsh National Opera:
Richard Bonynge. London 421096-2, 2/1987 (3 CDs). ($27 for
set). With 4-lang libretto (carton box).

DONIZETTI: IL CAMPANELLO. Agnes Baltsa (Serafina), Enzo Dara
(Don Annibale Pistacchio), Carlo Gaifa (Spiridione), Bianca
Maria Casoni (Madama Rosa), Angelo Romero (Enrico). VPO &
Chorus of the Vienna State Opera: Gary Bertini. CBS
Masterworks Dig. MK 38450. ($12). With 4-lang libretto
(carton box).

DONIZETTI: DON PASQUALE. Gabriel Bacquier (Don Pasquale),
Barbara Hendricks (Norina), Luca Canonici (Ernesto), Gino
Quilico (Malatesta), Rene Schirrer (Notaire). Choeurs &
Orchestre de l'Opera de Lyon: Gabriele Ferro. Erato 2292-
454872, 1990 (2 CDs). With 4 lang. libretto (carton box).

DONIZETTI: EMILIA DI LIVERPOOL (L'EREMITAGGIO DI LIWERPOOL).
Yvonne Kenny (Emilia), Anna Mason (Candida), Bronwen Mills
(Luigia), Sesto Bruscantini (Don Romualdo), Geoffrey Dolton
(Claudio di Liverpool), Chris Merritt (Federico), Christopher
Thornton-Holmes (Count). Philharmonia Orchestra & Geoffrey
Mitchell Choir: Daid Parry. Opera Rara ORC8, 1987 (3 CDs).
($50 for set). With libretto (carton box).

DONIZETTI: LA FIGLIA DEL REGIMENTO. Mirella Freni (Maria),
Alfredo Kraus (Tonio), Vladimiro Ganzarolli (Sulpizio), Anna di
Stasio (Marchese). Unknown orchestra & Chorus: Nino Sanzogno.
Unknown location 1975 (live). bonus: GOUNOD: FAUST (Garden
Scene & Prison Scene) with Alfredo Kraus (Faust), Mirella Freni
(Margherita), Ruggero Raimondi (Mefistofele). Standing Room
Only SRO 5132 (2 CDs). No libretto.

DONIZETTI: LINDA DI CHAMOUNIX. Margherita Carosio (Linda),
Gianni Raimondi (Il Visconte), Giuseppe Taddei (Antonio),
Giuseppe Modesti (Il Prefetto), Carlo Badioli (Il Marchese),
Rina Corsi (Pierotto), Guglielmo Fazzini (L'Indente), Maria
Teresa Mandalari (Maddalena). Orchestra & Chorus of RAI,
Milan: Alfredo Simonetto. Milan 22 July 1953 (radio live).
bonus arias with Gianni Raimondi in La Favorita, Faust, La
Boheme and La Traviata. MYTO 2 MCD 90214 (2 CDs). ($20 for
set). Italian only libretto.

DONIZETTI: LUCIA DI LAMERMOOR. Maria Callas (Lucia), Giuseppe
Di Stefano (Edgardo), Rolando Panerai (Enrico), Nicola Zaccaria
(Raimondo), Giuseppe Zampieri (Arturo), Luisa Villa (Alisa),
Mario Carlin (Normano). RIAS SYmphony Orchestra & Chorus of
La Scala: Herbert von Karajan. Berlin, 29 September 1955
(The "Berlin Lucia"). ($18 for set). Virtuoso 2697232 (2 CDs).

DONIZETTI: LUCREZIA BORGIA. Ingvar Wixell (Alfonso),
Joan Sutherland (Lucrezia Borgia), Giacomo Aragall (Gennaro),
Marilyn Horne (Maffio Orsini), Graham CLark (Jeppo Liverotto),
Lieuwe Visser (Apostolo Gazella), John Brocheler (Ascanio
Petrucci), Piero De Palma (Oloferno Vitellozzo), Richard van
Allan (Gubetta), Graeme Ewer (Rustighello), Nicola Zaccaria
(Astlfo), David Wilson-Johnson (Usciere), Paul Taylor
(Coppiere). National Philharmonic Orchestra & London Opera
Chorus: Richard Bonynge. London 421497-2, 8/1977 (2 CDs).
($18 for set). With bilingual libretto.

DONIZETTI: POLIUTO. Maria Callas (Paolina), Franco Corelli
(Poliuto), Ettore Bastianini (Severo), Rinaldo Pelizzoni
(Felice), Nicola Zaccaria (Callistene), Piero de Palma
(Nearco), Virgilio Carbonari & Giuseppe Morresi (2 Cristinani).
Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Antonino Votto. Milan, 7
December 1960 (live). Virtuoso 2607212 (2 CDs). Italian
only libretto.

DONIZETTI: UGO CONTE DI PARIGI. Della Jones (Luigi V), Eidwen
Harrhy (Emma), Janet Price (Bianca), Yvonne Kenny (Adelia),
Maurice Arthur (Ugo), Christian du Plessis (Folco di Angio).
New Philharmonia Orchestra & Geoffrey Mitchell Choir: Alun
Francis. Opera Rara ORC1, 1977 (3 CDs). ($50 for set).
With libretto (carton box).

GERSHWIN: PORGY AND BESS. Donnie Ray Albert (Porgy), Clamma
Dale (Bess), Andrew Smith (Crown), Wilma Shakesnider (Serena),
Betty Lane (Clara), Carol Brice (Maria), Alexander B. Smalls
(Jake), Larry Marshall (Sportin' Life), Bernard Thacker
(Mingo), Glover Parham (Robbins), Mervin Wallace (Peter),
Raymond Bazemore (Frazier), Shirley Baines (Annie), Myra
Merritt (Lily), Phyllis Bash (Strawberry Woman), Hartwell
Mace (Jim), Cornel Richie (Undertaker), Steven Alex-Cole
(Nelson & Crab Man), Kenneth Barry (Mr. Archdale), Hansford
Rowe (Detective), William Gammon (Policeman), John B. Ross
(Coroner), Alex Carrington (Scipio), Dick Hyman (Jasbo Brown).
Orchestra & Ensemble & Children's Chorus: John DeMain.
Production by Houston Grand Opera. RCA RCD3-2109, 11/1976
(3 CDs). English libretto.

GIORDANO: ANDREA CHENIER. Placido Domingo (Andrea Chenier),
Renata Scotto (Maddalena), Sherrill Milnes (Gerard), Jean
Kraft (Countess), Maria Ewing (Bersi), Michel Senechal
(L'Incredible), Allan Monk (ROucher), Enzo Dara (Mathieu),
Gwendolyn Killebrew (Madelon), Stuart Harling (Fouquier-
Tinville), Terence Sharpe (Fleville), Piero De Palma (Abbe),
Isser Bushkin (Schmidt), Malcolm King (Dumas), Nigel Beavan
(Majordomo). NAtional Philharmonic Orchestra & John Alldis
Choir: James Levine. RCA RCD2-2046, 1977 (2 CDs). ($20 for
set). With bilingual libretto.

GOUNOD: FAUST. Jussi Bjorling (Faust), Elisabeth Soederstrom
(Marguerite), Cesare Siepi (Mephistopheles), Robert Merrill
(Valentin), Mildred Miller (Siebel), Thelma Votipka (Dame
Marthe). Orchestra & Chorus of the Metropolitan Opera: Jean
Morel. NYC, 19 December 1959 (live). MYTO 2 MCD 906.33
(2 CDs). ($30 for set). French only libretto.

GOUNOD: FILEMONE E BAUCI. Renata Scotto (Bauci), Jolanda
Torriani (Una Baccante), Alvinio Misciano (Filemone), Rolando
Panerai (Giove), Paolo Montarsolo (Vulcano). Orchestra &
Chorus of RAI, Milan: Nino Sanzogno. Milan, 7 May 1961 (live).
Foyer 2CF 2016 (2 CDs). ($18 for set). Italian only libretto.

GOUNOD: ROMEO ET JULIETTE. Jussi Bjorling (Romeo), Bidu Sayao
(Juliette), Thomas Hayward (Tybalt), Nicola Moscona (Frere
Laurent), John Brownlee (Mercutio), Kenneth Schon (Capulet).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Metropolitan Opera: Emil Cooper.
NYC 1 February 1947 (live). MYTO 2 MCD 890.04 (2 CDs).
($30 for set). French only libretto.

HANDEL: RODELINDA. Joan Sutherland (Rodelinda), Alicia
Naffe (Bertarido), Curtis Rayam (Grimoaldo), Isobel Buchanan
(Eduige), Huguette Tourangeau (Unulfo), Samuel Ramey
(Garibaldo). Welsh National Opera Orchestra: Richard Bonynge.
London 414667-2, 4-5/1985 (2 CDs). With bilingual libretto
(carton box).

JANACEK: JENUFA. Gabriela Benackova (Jenufa), Barbara
Schramm (Grandmother Buryja), Wieslaw Ochman (Laca Klemen),
Katherine Johnson (Jano), Kenneth Shaw (Starek -- the foreman),
Leonie Rysanek (Kostelnicka), Peter Karazas (Steva Buryja),
Ariel Rubstein (Barena), Maro Partamian (Old shepherdess &
Kostelnicka's Aunt), Frank Barr (Mayor), Nikki Li Hartliep
(Mayor's Wife), Kathryn Cowdrick (Karolka), Opera Orchestra
of New York & Scholar Cantorum of New York: Eve Queler.
NYC, 30 March 1988 (live). BIS Dig. CD 449/450 (2 CDs).
($30 for set). With trilingual translation of Czech libretto.

LEHAR: DIE LUSTIGE WITWE. Elisabeth Schwarzkopf (Hanna),
Erich Kunz (Danilo), Nicolai Gedda (Camille), Emmy Loose
(Valencienne), Anton Niessner (Baron Mirko Zeta), Otakar Kraus
(Cassada), Josef Schmidinger (St. Brioche). Philharmonia
Orchestra & Chorus: Otto Ackermann. EMI CDH 7695202, 4/1953.
No libretto.

LEONCAVALLO: PAGLIACCI. Luciano Pavarotti (Canio), Mirella
Freni (Nedda), Ingvar Wixell (Tonio), Vincenzo Bello (Beppe),
Lorenzo Saccomani (Silvio). National Philharmonic Orchestra:
Giuseppe Patane; MASCAGNI: CAVALLERIA RUSTICANA. Julia Varady
(Santuzza), Luciano Pavarotti (Turiddu), Ida Bormida (Lucia),
Piero Cappucilli (Alfio), Carmen Gonzales (Lola). National
Philharmonic Orchestra: Gianandrea Gavazzeni. London 414590-2,
1978 (2 CDs). With 4-lang libretto (carton box).

MASSENET: MANON. Ileana Cotrubas (Manon), Alfredo Kraus
(Des Grieux), Gino Quilico (Lescaut), Jose van Dam (Le Comte
Des Grieux), Charles Burles (Guillot de Morfontaine), Jean-
Marie Fremeau (De Bretigny), Ghyslaine Raphanel (Poussette),
Collette Alliot-Lugaz (Javotte), Martine Mahe (Rosette),
Jacques Loreau (L'Hotelier). Choeurs & Orchestre du Capitole
de Toulouse: Michel Plasson. EMI Dig CDS 7496102, 7/1982
(2 CDs). With 4-lang libretto (carton box).

MASSENET: SAPHO. Renee Doria (Fanny Legrand), Gines Sirera
(Jean Gaussin), Gisele Ory (Divonne), Adrien Legros (Cesaire),
Elya Waisman (Irene), Rene Gamboa (Caoudal), Christian Baudean
(La Borderie), Jean-Jacques Doumene (Le Patron). Orchestre
Symphonique de la Garde Republicaine & Chorale Stephane
Caillat: Roger Boutry. Bourg BGC 78-79, 6/1977 (2 CDs).
No libretto (but a xeroxed libretto from the LP set is
available if desired).

MASSENET: WERTHER. Jose Carreras (Werther), Frederica von
Stade (Charlotte), Thomas Allen (Albert), Isobel Buchanan
(Sophie), Robert Lloyd (Le Bailli), Paul Crook (Schmidt),
Malcolm King (Johann), Linda Humphries (Katchen), Donalson Bell
(Bruhlmann). Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent
Garden: Sir Colin Davis. Phillips 416654-2, 2/1980 (2 CDs).
($18 for set). With bilingual libretto (carton box).

MESSAGER: FORTUNIO. Thierry Dran (Fortunio), Colette Alliot-
Lugaz (Jacqueline), Gilles Cachemaille (Clavaroche), Francis
Dudziak (Landry), Michel Trempont (Maitre Andre), Patrick Rocca
(Maitre Subtil), Rene Schirrer (Guillaume), Michel Fockenoy
(D'Azincourt), Nicolas Rivenq (De Verbois), Brigitte Desnoues
(Madelon),.Sylvie Stewart (Gertrude). Choeurs de l'Opera de
Lyon: John Eliot Gardiner. Erato ECD 75390, 5/1987 (2 CDs).
With bilingual libretto (carton box).

MEYERBEER: LES HUGUENOTS. Joan Sutherland (Marguerite de
Valois), Anastasios Vrenios (Raoul de Nangis), Gabriel Bacquier
(Saint-Bris), Martina Arroyo (Valentine), Huguette Tourangeau
(Urbain), Nicola Ghiuselev (Marcel). New Philharmonia
Orchestra & Ambrosian Opera Chorus: Richard Bonynge.
London 430549-2, 1970 (4 CDs). With 4-lang. libretto
(carton box).

MEYERBEER: LE PROPHETE. Marilyn Horne (Fides), James
McCracken (Jean de Leyden), Renata Scotto (Berthe), Jules
Bastin (Le Comte d'Oberthal), Jerome Hines (Zacharie),
Jean Dupouy (Jonas), Christian du Plessis (Mathisen).
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Ambrosian Opera Chorus &
Haberdashers' Aske's School Boys Choir: Henry Lewis.
CBS Masterworks M3K 34340, 1976 (3 CDs). ($30 for set).
With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

MOZART: LE NOZZE DI FIGARO. Samuel Ramey (Figaro), Lucia
Popp (Susana), Thomas Allen (Count Almaviva), Kiri Te Kanawa
(Countess Almaviva), Frederica von Stade (Cherubino), Jane
Berbie (Marcellina), Kurt Moll (Doctor Bartolo), Robert Tear
(Don Basilio), Phil Langridge (Don Curzio), Yvonne Kenny
(Barbarina), Giorgio Tadeo (Antonio), Lynda Russell & Anne
Mason (2 girls). LPO & London Opera Chorus: Sir Georg Solti.
London Dig. 410150-2, 6&12/1981 (3 CDs). ($30 for set).
With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

MOZART: DIE ZAUBERFLAUTE (highlights). Lucia Popp (Pamina),
Edita Gruberova (Konigin der Nacht), Brigitte Lindner
(Papagena), Siegfried Jerusalem (Tamino), Wolfgang Brendel
(Papageno), Roland Bracht (Sarastro), Heinz Zednik
(Monostatos). Orchestra & Chorus of the Bavarian Radio:
Bernard Haitink. EMI Dig. CDC 7470082, 1981 (1 CD). No
libretto.

PAISIELLO: IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA. Alessandro Corbelli
(Figaro), Lella Cuberli (Rosina), Piero Visconti (Il Conte
d'Almaviva), Enzo Dara (Bartolo), Delfo Menicucci (Don
Basilio), Giovanni Savoiardo (Lo svegliato & Un notaro),
Franco Ricciardi (Il giovinetto & Un alcade). Romanian
Philharmonic Orchestra: Bruno Campanella. Frequenz CAE2,
1982 (live) (2 CDs). Italian only libretto.

POULENC: DIALOGUES DES CARMELITES. Denise Duval (Blanche),
Regine Crespin (Madame Lidoine), Denise Scharley (Madame De
Croissy), Liliane Berton (Constance), Rita Gorr (Mere Marie),
Xavier Depraz (Marquis De la Force), Paul Finel (Chevalier De
la Force). Orchestre & Choeurs du Teatre National de l'Opera
de Paris: Pierre Dervaux. EMI Mono 7493312, 1/1958 (2 CDs).
($18 for set). With bilingual libretto (carton box).

PUCCINI: TOSCA. Maria Callas (Tosca), Mario Filippeschi
(Cavaradossi), Robert Weede (Scarpia), Fracisco Alonso
(Scristan & Sciarrone), Gilberto Cerda (Angelotti), Carlos
Sagarminaga (Spoletta), Manuel Carreno (Jailer), Concha de
los Santos (Shepherd). Orchestra & Chorus of the Palacio de
las Bellas Artes: Umberto Mugnai. Mexico City 8 June 1950
(live). bonus excerpts with Maria Callas (Tosca), Giuseppe
di Stefano (Cavaradossi). Orchestra & Chorus of the Palacio
de las Bellas Artes: Guido Picco. Mexico City 1 July 1952
(live). Standing Room Only SRO 8202 (2 CDs). ($20 for set).
No libretto.

PUCCINI: TOSCA. Montserat Caballe (Tosca), Jose Carreras
(Cavaradossi), Ingvar Wixell (Scarpia), Piero De Palma
(Spoletta), Samuel Ramey (Angelotti), William Elvin
(Sciarrone & carceriere), Domenico Trimarchi (Il sagrestano),
Ann Murray (Un pastore). Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal
Opera House, Covent Garden: Sir Colin Davis. Philips 412885-2,
7/1976 (2 CDs). ($18 for set). With 4-lang. libretto (carton
box).

ROSSINI: LE COMTE ORY. Renee Doria (La Comtesse), Adrienne
Miglietti (Isolier), Nadia Putar (Ragonde), Michel Senechal
(Le Comte), Robert Massard (Raimbaud), Xavier Depraz (Le
Gouverneur). Orchrestre & Choeurs sous la direction de
Pierre Stoll. Bourg BGC 70-71, 1962 (live) (2 CDs).
No libretto.

ROSSINI: ERMIONE. Cecilia Gasdia (Ermione), Margarita
Zimmermann (Andromaca), Ernesto Palacio (Pirro), Chris Merritt
(Oreste), William Mateuzzi (Pilade), Simone Alaimo (Fenicio),
Mario Bolognesi (Attalo), Elisabetta Tandura (Cleone).
Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo & Choeur Philharmonique
de Prague: Claudio Scimone. Erato ECD 75336, 1988 (2 CDs).
With 4-lang. libretto.

ROSSINI: GUILLAUME TELL. Montserat Caballe (Malthide), Mady
Mesple (Jemmy), Jocelyne Taillon (Hedwige), Gabriel Bacquier
(Tell), Nicolai Gedda (Arnold), Louis Hendrikx (Gessler), Kolos
Kovacs (Walter), Gwynne Howell (Melcthal), Charles Burles
(Pecheur), Ricardo Cassinelli (Rodolphe), Nicholas Christou
(Leuthold), Leslie Fyson (Chasseur). Royal Philharmonic
Orchestra & Ambrosion Opera Chorus: Lamberto Gardelli.
EMI CMS 7699512, 1973 (4 CDs). ($35 for set). French only
libretto (carton box).

ROSSINI: L'ITALIANA IN ALGERI. Lucia Valentini Terrani
(Isabella), Francisco Araiza (Lindoro), Wladimiro Ganzarolli
(Mustafa), Enzo Dara (Taddeo), Jeanne Marie Bima (Elvira),
Lucia Rizzi (Zulma), Alessandro Corbelli (Haly). Cappella
Coloninesis on original instruments & Male Chorus of the West
German Radio, Cologne: Gabriele Ferro. CBS Masterworks M2K
39048, 1979 (2 CDs). With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

SCHUBERT: FIERRABRAS. Robert Holle (Charlemagne), Karita
Matilla (Emma), Thomas Hampson (Roland), Robert Gambill
(Eginhard), Laszlo Polgar (Boland), Josef Protschka
(Fierrabras), Cheryl Studer (Florinda), Brigitte Balleys
(Maragond), Hartmut Welker (Brutamonte). Chamber Orchestra
of Europe & Arnold Schoenberg Choir: Claudio Abbado. DG Dig.
427341-2, 1988 (live) (2 CDs). ($20 for set). With 4-lang.
libretto (carton box).

SINOPOLI: LOU SALOME. Lucia Popp (Lou Salome), Jose Carreras
(Paul Ree). Radio Symphony Orchestra of Stuttgart: Giuseppe
Sinopoli. DG Dig. 415984-2, 1988 (1 CD). With bilingual text.

SPONTINI: AGNESE DI HOHENSTAUFEN. Montserat Caballe (Agnese),
Antonietta Stella (Irmengarda), Bruno Prevedi (Enrico il
Palatino), Sesto Bruscantini (Duca di Borgogna), Giangiacommo
Guelfi (Imperatore Enrico VI), Giampaolo Corradi (Filippo di
Hohenstaufen), Walter Alberti (Enrico il Leone), Ferruccio
Mazzoli (L'Arcivescovo di Magonza), Carlo Di Giacomo
(Teobaldo), Giovanni Antonini (Castellano), Angelo Mameli
(Guidice 1/Garceiere), Carlo Torregiani (Araldo/Guidice 2).
Orchestra & Chorus of RAI, Rome: Riccardo Muti. Rodolphe RPV
32671.72, 29 April 1970 (live) (2 CDs). ($20 for set).
Italian only libretto.

J. STRAUSS, Jr.: DIE FLEDERMAUS. Wolfgang Brendel
(Eisenstein), Kiri Te Kanawa (Rosalinde), Tom Krause (Frank),
Brigitte Fassbaender (Orlofsky), Richard Leech (Alfred), Olaf
Bar (Dr. Falke), Anton Wendler (Dr. Blind), Edita Gruberova
(Adele), Karin Gottling (Ida), Otto Schenk (Frosch). VPO &
Chorus of the Vienna State Opera: Andre Previn. Philips Dig.
432157-2, 11/1990 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). With 4-lang.
libretto (carton box).

R. STRAUSS: ARABELLA. Kiri Te Kanawa (Arabella), Franz
Grundheber (Mandryka), Gabriele Fontana (Zdenka), Ernst
Gutstein (Waldner), Helga Dernesch (Adelaide), Peter Seiffert
(Matteo). Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal Opera House, Covent
Garden: Jeffrey Tate. London 417623-2, 7/1986 (3 CDs). With
trilingual libretto (carton box).

R. STRAUSS: ARIADNE AUF NAXOS. Elisabeth Schwarzkopf
(Ariadne), Rita Streich (Zerbinetta), Irmgard Seefried
(Komponist), Rudolf Schock (Bacchus), Alfred Neugebauer
(Haushofmeister), Karl Donch (Musiklehrer), Gerhard Unger
(Ein Offizier), Hughes Cuenod (Ein Tanzmeister), Erich Strauss
(Ein Peruckenmacher), Otakar Kraus (Ein Lakai), Lisa Otto
(Najade), Grace Hoffman (Dryade), Anny Felbermayer (Echo),
Hermann Prey (Harlekin), Gehard Unger (Scaramuccio), Fritz
Ollendorf (Truffaldin), Helmut Krebs (Brighella). Philharmonia
Orchestra: Herbert von Karajan. EMI CMS 7692962, 6-7/1954
(2 CDs). ($20 for set). With bilingual libretto.

R. STRAUSS: ARIADNE AUF NAXOS. Jessye Norman (Ariadne), Edita
Gruberova (Zerbinetta), Julia Varady (Komponist), Paul Frey
(Bacchus), Olaf Bar (Harlekin), Dietrich Fisher-Dieskau
(Musiklehrer), Rudolf Asmus (Haushofmeister), Wolfgang
Millgramm (Offizier), Martin Finke (Tanzmeister & Scaramuccio),
Egbert Junghanns (Peruckenmacher), Rolf Wollrad (Lakai),
Gerd Wolf (Truffaldin), Adreas Conrad (Brighella), Eva Lind
(Najade), MArianne Rorholm (Dryade), Julie Kaufmann (Echo).
Gewandhausorchester Leipzig: Kurt Masur. Philips Dig. 4220842,
1/1988 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). With trilingual libretto
(carton box).

R. STRAUSS: DIE FRAU OHNE SCHATTEN. Placido Domingo (Der
Kaiser), Julia Varady (Der Kaiserin), Reinhild Runkel (Der
Amme), Jose van Dam (Barak), Hildegard Behrens (Seine Frau),
Albert Dohmen (Der Geisterbote), Sumi Jo (Der Stimme des
Falken), Eva Lind (Der Huter der Schwelle, Robert Gambill
(Der Erscheinung eines Junglings), Elzbieta Ardam (Eine Stimme
von oben). VPO & Chorus of the Vienna State Opera & Vienna
Boys Choir: Sir Georg Solti. London 436243-2, 3-4&9/1989;
10/1991 (3 CDs). ($30 for set). With 4-lang. libretto
(carton box).

R. STRAUSS: DER ROSENKAVALIER. Anna Tomowa-Sintow
(Marschallin), Agnes Baltsa (Octavian), Janet Perry (Sophie),
Kurt Moll (Baron Ochs), Gottfried Hornik (Faninal), Wilma Lipp
(Marianne), Heinz Zednik (Valzacchi), Helga Muller-Molinari
(Annina), Victor von Halem (Polizeikommissar), Kurt Equiluz
(Haushofmeister bei Der Feldmarschallin)), Franz Kaseman
(Haushofmeister bei der Faninal), Carlos Feller (Notar), Karl
Terkal (Wirt), Vinson Cole (Sanger). VPO & Chorus of the Vienna
State Opera: Herbert von Karajan. DG Dig. 423850-2, 1984
(3 CDs). ($27 for set). With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

VERDI: AIDA. Maria Callas (Aida), Mario Del Monaco (Radames),
Oralia Dominguez (Amneris), Ignazio Ruffino (Il Re), Roberto
Silva (Ramfis), Giuseppe Taddei (Amonasro), Carlos Sgarminaga
(Messaggero). Orchestra & Chorus of the Palacio de Bellas
Artes: Oliviero de Fabritiis. Mexico City, 3 July 1951 (live).
Virtuoso 2699222 (3 CDs). Italian only libretto.

VERDI: AIDA. Mirella Freni (Aida), Jose Carreras (Radames),
Agnes Baltsa (Amneris), Piero Capuccilli (Amonasro), Ruggero
Raimondi (Ramfis), Jose van Dam (Il Re), Katia Riciarelli
(Sacerdotessa), Thomas Moser (Messaggero). VPO & Chorus of
the Vienna State Opera: Herbert von Karajan. EMI CMS 7693002,
5/1979 (3 CDs). With bilingual libretto.

VERDI: AIDA. Katia Riciarelli (Aida), Placido Domingo
(Radames), Elena Obraztsova (Amneris), Leo Nucci (Amonasro),
Ruggero Raimondi (Ramfis), Nicolai Ghiaurov (Il Re). Orchestra
& Chorus of La Scala: Claudio Abbado. DG Dig. 410092-2, 1984
(3 CDs). With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

VERDI: UN BALLO IN MASCHERA. Maria Callas (Amelia), Giuseppe
di Stefano (Riccardo), Ettore Bastianini (Renato), Giulietta
Simionato (Ulrica), Eugenia Ratti (Oscar), Giuseppe Moresi
(Silvano), Antonio Cassinelli (Samuel), Marco Stefanoni (Tom),
Angelo Mercuriali (Giudice), Antonio Ricci (Servo d'Amelia).
Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Gianandrea Gavazzeni. Milan,
7 December 1957 (live). Virtuoso 2697412 (2 CDs). Italian
only libretto.

VERDI: DON CARLO. Bruno Prevedi (Carlo), Rita Orlandi-
Malaspina (Elisabetta), Fiorenza Cosotto (Eboli), Piero
Capuccilli (Rodrigo), Nicolai Ghiaurov (Filippo II), Martti
Talvela (Il Grande Inquisitore), Maria Casula (Tebaldo),
Antonio Zerbini (Un Frate), Gianfranco Manganotti (Il Conte
di Lerma), Piero De Palma (Araldo), Margherita Guglielmi
(Voce dal Cielo). Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Claudio
Abbado. Milan, 7 December 1968 (live). Claque GM 3004/5/6
(3 CDs). Italian only libretto.

VERDI: ERNANI. Placido Domingo (Ernani), Raina Kabaivanska
(Elvira), Nicolai Ghiaurov (Silva), Carlo Meliciani (Don
Carlo), Milena Pauli (Giovanna), Piero De Palma (Riccardo),
Alfredo Giacomotti (Jago). Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala:
Antonino Votto. Milan, 7 December 1969 (live). bonus excerpts
with Mario Del Monaco (Ernani), Anita Cerquetti (Elvira), Boris
Christoff (Silva), Ettore Bastianini (Don Carlo). Orchestra &
Chorus of the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino: Dimitri Mitropoulos.
Florence, 14 June 1957 (live). Italiano Opera OPI 09 (2 CDs).
Italian only libretto.

VERDI: FALSTAFF. Renato Bruson (Falstaff), Katia Ricciarelli
(Alice), Leo Nucci (Ford), Barbara Hendricks (Nanetta),
Dalmacio Gonzalez (Fenton), Lucia Valentini Terrani (Mistress
Quickly), Brenda Boozer (Meg), Michael Sells (Dr. Caius),
Francis Egerton (Bardolfo), William Wildermann (Pistola).
LAPO & LA Master Chorale: Carlo Maria Giulini. DG Dig.
4105032, 1982 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). With 4-lang. libretto
(carton box).

VERDI: LA FORZA DEL DESTINO. Rosalind PLowright (Leonora),
Agnes Baltsa (Preziosilla), Jose Carreras (Don Alvaro), Renato
Bruson (Don Carlo), Paata Burchuladze (Padre Guardiano), Juan
Pons (Fra Melitone), John Tomlinson (Il Marchese di Calatrava),
Jean Rigby (Curra), Richard van Allan (Alcade), Mark Curtis
(Mastro Trabuco), Petteri Salomaa (Chirurgo). Philharmonia
Orchestra & Ambrosian Opera Chorus: Giuseppe Sinopoli. DG Dig.
419203-2, 9/1985 (3 CDs). ($30 for set). With 4-lang.
libretto (carton box).

VERDI: GERUSALEME. Leyla Gencer (Elena), Giacomo Aragall
(Gastone), Emilio Salvoldi (Conte di Tolosa), Gian Giacomo
Guelfi (Ruggero), Mirella Fiorentini (Isaura), Antonio Zerbini
(Ademaro de Monte), Franco Ghitti (Raimondo). Orchestra &
Chorus of the Teatro La Fenice di Venezia: Gianandrea
Gavazzeni. Venice, 24 September 1963 (live). Verona 27040/41
(2 CDs). Italian only libretto.

VERDI: MACBETH. Mara Zampieri (Lady Macbeth), Renato Bruson
(Macbeth), Robert Lloyd (Banco), Lucia Aliberti (Dama), Neil
Shicoff (Macduff), Claes H. Ahnsjo (Malcolm), Petteri Salomaa
(Medico), Miomir Nikolic (Servo & Sicaro), Andreas Schmidt
(Araldo & Apparizione 1), Ralph Leopold Neubert (Apparizione 2
& 3). Orchestra & Chorus of the Berlin Opera: Giuseppe
Sinopoli. Philips Dig. 412133-2, 11-12/1983 (3 CDs). With
4-lang. libretto (carton box).

VERDI: I MASNADIERI. Samuel Ramey (Massimiliano), Franco
Bonisolli (Carlo), MAtteo Manuguerra (Francesco), Joan
Sutherland (Amalia), Arthur Davies (Arminio), Simone Alaimo
(Moser), John Harris (Rolla). Orchestra & Chorus of the
Welsh National Opera: Richard Bonynge. London 433854-2,
1983 (2 CDs). With bilingual libretto.

VERDI: NABUCCO. Piero Cappuccili (Nabucco), Placido Domingo
(Ismaele), Evgeny Nesterenko (Zaccaria), Ghena Dimitrova
(Abigaile), Lucia Valentini Terrani (Fenena), Lucia Popp
(Anna), Kurt Rydl (Il Gran Sacerdote), Volker Horn (Abdallo).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Berlin Opera: Giuseppe Sinopoli.
DG Dig. 410512-2, 1983 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). With 4-lang.
libretto (carton box).

VERDI: RIGOLETTO. Maria Callas (Gilda), Giuseppe Di Stefano
(Duke), Piero Campolonghi (Rigoletto), Ignacio Ruffino
(Sparafucile), Maria Teresa Garcia (Maddalena), Gilberto
Cerda (Monterone), Carlos Sagarminaga (Borsa), Edna Patoni
(Countess Ceprano), Anna Maria Feuss (Giovanna), Alberto
Herrera (Marullo), Francisco Alonso (Count Ceprano).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Palacio de Bellas Artes: Umberto
Mugnai. Mexico City, 17 June 1952 (live). Legendary
Recordings LRCD 1006-2 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). No libretto.

VERDI: RIGOLETTO (in French). Renee Doria (Gilda), Denise
Scharley (Madeleine), Agnes Adam (Joanna & un page), Micheline
Dupre (La Comtesse), Robert Massard (Rigoletto), Alain Vanzo
(Le Duc de Mantoue), Adrien Legros (Sparafucile), Jean-Pierre
Laffage (Monterone), Camille Rouquetty (Borsa), Michel Forel
(Marcello), Jacques Scellier (Ceprano), Pierre Giannotti (Un
officier). Orchestre & Choeurs: Jesus Etchevery. Music
Memoria 30323, 3/1961 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). No libretto.

VERDI: RIGOLETTO. Robert Merrill (Rigoletto), Anna Moffo
(Gilda), Alfredo Kraus (Duke of Mantua), Rosalind Elias
(Maddalena), Ezio Flagello (Sparafucile), David Ward
(Monterone), Anna di Stasio (Giovanna), Robert Kerns
(Marullo), Piero De Palma (Borsa), Mario Rinaudo (Count
Ceprano), Corinna Vozza (Countess Ceprano), Tina Toscano
(Page), Enzo Titta (Herald). RCA Italiano Opera Orchestra &
Chorus: Georg Solti. RCA 6506-2 RG, 6/1963 (2 CDs). With
bilingual libretto (carton box).

VERDI: RIGOLETTO (highlights). Sherrill Milnes (Rigoletto),
Joan Sutherland (Gilda), Luciano Pavarotti (Duke of Mantua),
Martti Talvela (Sparafucile), Clifford Grant (Monterone),
Huguette Tourangeau (Maddalena), Gillian Knight (Giovanna),
Riccardo Cassinelli (Borsa), Christian du Plessis (Marullo),
John Gibbs (Count Ceprano), Kiri Te Kanawa (Countess Ceprano),
Josepthe Clement (Page), John Noble (Herald). LSO & Ambrosian
Opera Chorus: Richard Bonynge. London 421303-2, 6/1971 (1 CD).
No libretto.

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA (in Swedish). Hjordis Schymberg (Violetta),
Jussi Bjorling (Alfredo), Conny Molin (Germont), Gota Allard
(Flora), Margit Sehlmark (Annina), Olle Strandberg (Gastone),
Georg Svensson (Douphol), Folke Jonsson (d'Obigny), Gosta
Lindberg (Grenvil), Ryno Wallin (Giuseppe), Bertil Alstergard
(Messenger). Orchestra & Chorus of the Royal Theater,
Stockholm: Herbert Sandberg. Stockholm, 29 August 1939
(live). Standing Room Only SRO 832-2 (2 CDs). ($20 for set).
No libretto.

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA. Maria Callas (Violetta), Cesare Valetti
(Alfredo), Mario Zanasi (Germont), Marie Collier (Flora),
Lea Roberts (Annina), Dermot Troy (Gastone), Forbes Robinson
(Douphol), Ronald Lewis (Marchese d'Obigny), David Kelly (Dr.
Grenvil), David Tree (Giuseppe), Keith Raggett (Un domestico),
Charles Morris (Un Commissario). Orchestra & Chorus of the
Royal Opera House, Covent Garden: Nicola Rescigno. London,
20 June 1958 (live). Virtuoso 2697292 (2 CDs). ($18 for set).
Italian only libretto.

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA. Victoria de los Angeles (Violetta),
Carlo De Monte (Alfredo), Mario Sereni (Germont), Santa
Chissari (Flora), Silvia Bertona (Annina), Sergio Tedesco
(Gastone), Vico Polotto (Douphol), Silvio Maionica (d'Obigny),
Bonaldo Giaiotti (Dr. Grenvil), Renato Ercolani (Giuseppe).
Orchestra & Chorus of the Rome Opera: Tullio Serafin.
EMI CDCB 49578, 6&10/1959 (2 CDs). With 4-lang. libretto
(carton box).

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA. Virginia Zeani (Violetta), William
McAlpine (Alfredo), Jess Walters (Germont), Marie Collier
(Flora), Forbes Robinson (Douphol), Richard Lewis (D'Obigny),
Michael Langdon (Dr. Grenvil), Leah Roberts (Annina), Keith
Raggett (Gastone). Unknown Orchestra & Chorus (Covent
Garden?): Nello Santi. Unknown location 1960 (live).
Legendary Recordings LRCD 1022-2 (2 CDs). bonus arias with
Virginia Zeani from Aida, La Forza del Destino, Maria di Rohan.
($20 for set). No libretto.

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA. Anna Moffo (Violetta), Richard Tucker
(Alfredo), Robert Merrill (Germont), Anna Reynolds (Flora),
Piero De Palma (Gastone), Franco Calabrese (Douphol), Vito
Susca (D'Obigny), Franco Ventriglia (Dr. Grenvil), Adelio
Zagonara (Giuseppe), Liliana Poli (Annina), Sergio Liviabella
(Messenger). Rome Opera Orchestra & Chorus: Fernando
Previtali. RCA 4144-2 RG, 6/1960 (2 CDs). With bilingual
libretto (carton box).

VERDI: LA TRAVIATA. Mirella Freni (Violetta), Franco Bonisolli
(Alfredo), Sesto Bruscantini (Giorgio Germont), Hania Kovics
(Flora), Gudrun Schaefer (Annina), Peter Bindszus (Gastone),
Rudolf Jedlicka (Douphol), Heinz Reeh (D'Obigny), Hans-Joachim
Lukat (Dr. Grenvil). Orchestra & Chorus of the Berlin Opera:
Lamberto Gardelli. Acanta 41644, 1973 (2 CDs). No libretto.

VERDI: IL TROVATORE. Aureliano Pertile (Manrico), Maria Carena
(Leonora), Apollo Granforte (Il Conte di Luna), Irene Minghini-
Cattaneo (Azucena), Bruno Carmassi (Ferrando), Olga de Franco
(Ines), Giordano Callegari (Ruiz), Antonio Galli (Uno Zingaro).
Orchestra & Chorus of La Scala: Carlo Sabajno. Nuovo Era HMT
90012/13, 9-10/1930 (2 CDs). ($18 for set). Italian only
libretto.

VERDI: IL TROVATORE. Jussi Bjoerling (Manrico), Zinka Milanov
(Leonora), Leonard Warren (Count di Luna), Fedora Barbieri
(Azucena), Nicola Moscona (Ferrando), Margaret Roggero (Inez),
Paul Franke (Ruiz), George Cehanovsky (Old Gypsy), Nathaniel
Sprinzena (Messenger). RCA Victor Orchestra & Robert Shaw
Chorale: Renato Cellini. RCA 6643-2 RG, 2-3/1952 (2 CDs).
With bilingual libretto.

VERDI: IL TROVATORE. Luciano Pavarotti (Manrico), Joan
Sutherland (Leonora), Marilyn Horne (Azucena), Ingvar Wixell
(Il Conte di Luna), Nicolai Ghiaurov (Ferrando), Graham Clark
(Ruiz), Norma Burrowes (Ines), Peter Knapp (Old gypsy), Wynford
Evans (messenger). National Philharmonic Orchestra & London
Opera Chorus: Richard Bonynge. London 417137-2, 9/1976
(2 CDs). With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

VERDI: IL TROVATORE (highlights). Jose Carreras (Manrico),
Katia Riciarelli (Leonora), Yuri Masurok (Il Conte di Luna),
Stefania Tockzyska (Azucena), Robert Lloyd (Ferrando), Phyllis
Canna (Ines), Robin Leggate (Ruiz). Orchestra & Chorus of the
Royal Opera House, Covent Garden: Sir Colin Davis. Philips
Dig. 411447, 7/1980 (1 CD). With bilingual text.

VERDI: I VESPRI SICILIANI. Maria Callas (Elena), Giorgio
Bardi-Kokolios (Arrigo), Enzo Mascherini (Monforte), Boris
Christoff (Procida), Bruno Carmassi (Bethune), Mario Frosini
(Vaudemont), Mafalda Masini (Ninetta), Gino Sarri (Danieli),
Aldo De Paoli (Tebaldo), Lido Pettini (Roberto), Brenno Ristori
(Manfredo). Orchestra & Chorus of the Maggio Musicale
Fiorenze: Erich Kleiber. Florence, 26 May 1951 (live).
Legendary Recordings LRCD 1008-3 (3 CDs). No libretto.

VERDI: I VESPRI SICILIANI. Carlo Tagliabue (Guido di
Monforte), Mario Zorgnotti (Il Sire di Bethune), Giuliano
Ferrein (Il Conte Vaudemont), Mario Ortica (Arrigo), Boris
Christoff (Giovanni da Procida), Anita Cerquetti (Elena),
Miti Truccato Pace (Ninetta), Tommaso Soley (Danieli), Walter
Artioli (Tebaldo), Cristiano Dalamangas (Roberto), Sante
Andreoli (Manfredo). Orchestra & Chorus of RAI, Turin:
Mario Rossi. Claque GM2017/18, 16 November 1955 (2 CDs).
Italian only libretto.

WAGNER: TANNHAUSER. Placido Domingo (Tannhauser), Cheryl
Studer (Elisabeth), Agnes Baltsa (Venus), Matti Salminen
(Hermann), Andreas Schmidt (Wolfram), William Pell (Walther),
Kurt Rydl (Biterolf), Clemens Bieber (Heirich), Oskar
Hillebrandt (Reinmar), Barbara Bonney (Ein Junger Hirt),
Margaret Stobart, Jeanette Wilson, Ingrid Baier & Karen Shelby
(Vier Edelknaben). Philharmonia Orchestra & Chorus of the
Royal Opera House, Covent Garden: Giuseppe Sinopoli. DG Dig.
427625-2, 4-6/1988 (3 CDs). ($27 for set). With trilingual
libretto (carton box).

WAGNER: GOTTERDAMMERUNG. Wolfgang Windgassen (Siefried),
Hermann Uhde (Gunther), Gustav Neidlinger (Alberich), Josef
Greindl (Hagen), Astrid Varnay (Brunnhilde), Natalie Hinsch-
Grondahl (Gutrune), Ira Malaniuk (Waltraute, Zweite Norn),
Maria von Ilosvay (Erste Norn), Regina Resnik (Dritte Norn),
Erika Zimmermann (Woglinde), Hetty Plumacher (Wellgunde),
Gisela Litz (FloBhilde). Orchestra & Chorus of the Bayreuth
Festival 1953: Clemens Krauss. Laudis LCD4.4005 (4 CDs).
($40 for set). German only libretto (carton box).

WAGNER: DIE WALKURE (Act III). Kisten Flagstad (Brunnhilde),
Otto Edelmann (Wotan), Marianne Schech (Sieglinde). VPO: Sir
Georg Solti. London 425986-2, 1957 (1 CD). No libretto.

WAGNER: DER RING DAS NIBELUNGEN. The Solti Cycle on London.
15 CDs. ($150 for set). With 4-lang. libretto (carton box).

Collection:

THE COMPLETE CARUSO. RCA 60495-2 RG. (12 CDs). ($90 for set).
No libretto, but with fully indexed accompanying booklet
(carton box).

ROSA RAISA: HER COMPLETE RECORDED DISCOGRAPHY. Legendary
Recordings LRCD 1017-2 (2 CDs). ($20 for set). No libretto.

PAVAROTTI ANNIVERSARY. 16 arias from La Boheme, Andrea Chenier,
La Sonambula, La Gioconda, La Traviata, Pagliacci, Un Ballo in
Maschera, Mefistofele, Gugliemo Tell, Tosca, Cavalleria
Rusticana. London 417362-2. With bilingual libretto.

KIRI TE KANAWA: VERDI & PUCCINI. 10 arias from Don Carlo,
Il Trovatore, La Traviata, Le Villi, Tosca, La Rondine, La
Boheme, Manon Lescaut, Gianni Schicchi, Madama Butterfly.
CBS Masterworks Dig. MK 37298. With bilingual libretto.

APRILE MILLO: VERDI ARIAS. 9 arias from Ernani, Il Trovatore,
Macbeth, Otello, La Forza del Destino, Un Ballo in Maschera,
Don Carlo, Aida. EMI Dig. CDC 7473962. ($10). With bilingual
libretto.

RAUL GIMENEZ: DONIZETTI & BELLINI OPERATIC ARIAS. 12 arias from
I Puritani, La Sonambula, La Favorita, La Fille du Regiment,
L'Elisir d'Amore, Don Pasquale, Lucia di Lamermoor. Nimbus
Dig. NI 5224. With bilingual libretto.

BERND WEIKL. 10 arias from Tannhauser, Meistersinger, Hans
Heiling, Der Vampyr, Euryanthe, Zar und Zimmermann, Tiefland,
Feuersnot. Acanta Dig. 43266. No libretto.

BERND WEIKL: VERDI FAVORITES. 9 arias from Il Trovatore, La
Forza del Destino, La Traviata, Don Carlos, Otello, Rigoletto,
Un Ballo in Maschera, Macbeth. Acanta Dig. 43327.
No libretto.

DMITRI HVOROSTOVSKY: TCHAIKOVSKY & VERDI ARIAS. 11 arias
from Yevgeny Onegin, Pikovaya Dama, La Traviata, Macbeth,
Luisa Miller, Charodeika, Iolanthe, Mazeppa, Il Trovatore,
Don Carlos. Philips Dig. 426740-2. With bilingual libretto.