Peter Serkin complete RCAs

cooper...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2020, 10:51:56 AM6/11/20
The box is now on offer from ArkivMusic for about $80. I paid more for a copy from Presto (in transit) but still less than the current Amazon pre-release price of about $109.

AC

Randy Lane

Jun 11, 2020, 11:11:23 AM6/11/20
Order from ImportCDs using the SAVE10 promotion that is good on orders placed by 06/19 (including preorders) and your price before sales tax and shipping is about $65

Order it today and it could ship as early as Tuesday 06/16 based on mybexperiencevwith ImportCDs.

https://www.importcds.com/complete-rca-album-collection/194397138726

Oscar

Jan 17, 2022, 5:54:05 PM1/17/22
Finally got around to buying this 2020 set. Around $75 from A/\/\azon, and I couldn't resist, esp. knowing how Sony does not repress these cap boxes when they go o.o.p. (Still can't believe the big Glenn Gould set has not been repressed.) I do not have many Serkin 'fils' discs in my collection, so this fills a neat gap. The Schubert Trout Quintet recording by Tashi and guests (Joseph Silverstein on violin II, from Boston SO, is a name I recognize) is played with great sympathy and attention to micro-dynamics, but that RCA Studio house sound (1133 6th Avenue at 44th St.) sure was bone-dry and deadening. Still, it's great to have all these in one box. Which ones are yr favorites, or stand-outs?