UPLOAD: PIT6 - Otto Grüner-Hegge

Sacqueboutier

Aug 23, 2008, 12:15:15 PM8/23/08
Tchaikovsky
Symphony No.6

Otto Grüner-Hegge
Oslo Philharmonic

from a mono RCA Camden LP

http://www.mediafire.com/?56atasgnrd6

Click Repair
DeNoise
DeNoiseLF

Enjoy,
--
Kindest regards,

Don Patterson

ansermetniac

Aug 23, 2008, 12:23:29 PM8/23/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:15:15 -0400, Sacqueboutier
<sacque...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tchaikovsky
>Symphony No.6
>
>Otto Grüner-Hegge
>Oslo Philharmonic
>
>from a mono RCA Camden LP
>
>http://www.mediafire.com/?56atasgnrd6
>
>Click Repair
>DeNoise
>DeNoiseLF
>
>Enjoy,

And the eq of the record was perfect so you did not fix it

Abbedd

Bob Harper

Aug 23, 2008, 12:44:41 PM8/23/08
Sacqueboutier wrote:
> Tchaikovsky
> Symphony No.6
>
> Otto Grüner-Hegge
> Oslo Philharmonic
>
> from a mono RCA Camden LP
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/?56atasgnrd6
>
> Click Repair
> DeNoise
> DeNoiseLF
>
> Enjoy,
I thought his first name was 'Odd', or is that the Norwegian equivalent
of 'Otto'.

Bob Harper

Sacqueboutier

Aug 23, 2008, 2:12:22 PM8/23/08

My bad. Slip of the brain.

Yes, it's Odd. But it may very well be the same as Otto.

Kip Williams

Aug 23, 2008, 5:31:32 PM8/23/08
Sacqueboutier wrote:
> On 2008-08-23 12:44:41 -0400, Bob Harper <bob.h...@comcast.net> said:
>
>> I thought his first name was 'Odd', or is that the Norwegian
>> equivalent of 'Otto'.
>
> My bad. Slip of the brain.
>
> Yes, it's Odd. But it may very well be the same as Otto.

Perhaps it's a form of "Odin."

Kip W

Meier

Aug 24, 2008, 5:38:31 AM8/24/08
On Aug 23, 10:31 pm, Kip Williams <k...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Sacqueboutier wrote:
> > On 2008-08-23 12:44:41 -0400, Bob Harper <bob.har...@comcast.net> said:
>
> >> I thought his first name was 'Odd', or is that the Norwegian
> >> equivalent of 'Otto'.
>
> > My bad.  Slip of the brain.
>
> > Yes, it's Odd.  But it may very well be the same as Otto.
>
> Perhaps it's a form of "Odin."
>
> Kip W

Acccording to the Oxford Names Companion, it's derived from 'Oddr',
Old Norse meaning the point of a weapon. BTW, his surname is "Grunne-
Hegge", not "Grüner"-

Alf

Aage Johansen

Aug 24, 2008, 2:51:52 PM8/24/08

His name is/was "Odd Ragnar Grüner-Hegge" (1899—1973).

--
Aage J.

Dontait...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2008, 3:51:53 PM8/24/08

I own the Camden LP Don Patterson uploaded, plus a few more by that
conductor. I am unable to include an umlaut here, so I'll spell the
substitution for it: his name appears on the records as "Gruener-
Hegge."

Don Tait

Kip Williams

Aug 24, 2008, 5:20:44 PM8/24/08
Dontait...@aol.com wrote:
> On Aug 24, 1:51 pm, Aage Johansen <aagjo...@offline.no> wrote:
>> Meier wrote:
>>> Acccording to the Oxford Names Companion, it's derived from 'Oddr',
>>> Old Norse meaning the point of a weapon. BTW, his surname is "Grunne-
>>> Hegge", not "Grüner"-
>>> Alf
>> His name is/was "Odd Ragnar Grüner-Hegge" (1899—1973).
>
> I own the Camden LP Don Patterson uploaded, plus a few more by that
> conductor. I am unable to include an umlaut here, so I'll spell the
> substitution for it: his name appears on the records as "Gruener-
> Hegge."

Of the various ways to put an umlaut into a usenet posting, my favorite
is to copy one from someone else and just paste it into my own writing.
Thus, "Grüner." When nobody else leaves one lying around, of course, one
must go to plan B.

Kip W
bork bork bork

Bob Lombard

Aug 24, 2008, 6:32:15 PM8/24/08

On a PC running Windows, with the Num Lock on, hold down the Alt key
while typing 0252 on the numerical keypad.

bl

Dontait...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2008, 6:36:54 PM8/24/08
On Aug 24, 4:20 pm, Kip Williams <k...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Thanks. I have been unable to either copy or paste on this
equipment. A computer wizard friend showed me how to do it here
earlier today and did it. After he left, I tried exactly what he did
and showed me to do. It doesn't work. I don't care much, and gave up.
But thanks again for your suggestion.

Don Tait

Kip Williams

Aug 24, 2008, 7:54:29 PM8/24/08
Bob Lombard wrote:
> Kip Williams wrote:

>> Of the various ways to put an umlaut into a usenet posting, my
>> favorite is to copy one from someone else and just paste it into my
>> own writing. Thus, "Grüner." When nobody else leaves one lying around,
>> of course, one must go to plan B.
>

> On a PC running Windows, with the Num Lock on, hold down the Alt key
> while typing 0252 on the numerical keypad.

By the next time I use one, I've always forgotten the Alt- sequence, so
I use Character Map on the PC, and Character Palette (as opposed to
Character Pallette, of course) on the Mac.

Then what seems to happen half the time is that some portion of readers
don't see it the way I typed it anyway. What-EVAH.

Kip W

Kip Williams

Aug 24, 2008, 7:58:53 PM8/24/08
Dontait...@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks. I have been unable to either copy or paste on this
> equipment. A computer wizard friend showed me how to do it here
> earlier today and did it. After he left, I tried exactly what he did
> and showed me to do. It doesn't work. I don't care much, and gave up.
> But thanks again for your suggestion.

The "ue" combination is somewhat universally recognized, so it's not
like you're without a recourse.

I should probably stop offering suggestions, but if the command-key
method doesn't work, and the right-click method doesn't work, maybe the
program you're in has the cut, copy, and paste commands under an "Edit"
menu at the top. Okay, now I'll stop.

Kip W
stopping

Bob Harper

Aug 24, 2008, 8:33:10 PM8/24/08
On a Mac running OS X, Option U, then the letter you want the umlaut
over. ä ë ï ö ü.

Bob Harper

Meier

Aug 25, 2008, 5:05:40 AM8/25/08
On Aug 24, 7:51 pm, Aage Johansen <aagjo...@offline.no> wrote:

> His name is/was "Odd Ragnar Grüner-Hegge" (1899—1973).
>
> --
> Aage J.

Thank you for putting me right. My (mis)spelling was based on an LP
(now lost) of some music by Grieg recorded in the late 1960s.

Alf