Anton Kubalek's Brahms op 116 LPs

99 vues

Mandryka

non lue,
29 mars 2023, 11:44:3129/03/2023
I think this is so incredible I just have to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNsNhzHcWw&ab_channel=INVIGORATION

Dan Koren

non lue,
29 mars 2023, 11:47:3829/03/2023
On Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 8:44:31 AM UTC-7, Mandryka wrote:

> I think this is so incredible I just have to share it.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNsNhzHcWw&ab_channel=INVIGORATION

Thanks! Incredible in what sense?

dk

Mandryka

non lue,
29 mars 2023, 11:51:5129/03/2023
On Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 4:47:38 PM UTC+1, Dan Koren wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 8:44:31 AM UTC-7, Mandryka wrote:
> >
> > I think this is so incredible I just have to share it.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNsNhzHcWw&ab_channel=INVIGORATION
Incredible in what sense?

> dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAX166QwrU&ab_channel=DoctorVision

Mandryka

non lue,
30 mars 2023, 04:40:4430/03/2023
Listening now to Dmitri Alexeev’s late Brahms. That might be more your cup of tea DK - 1976 recordings.

Dan Koren

non lue,
30 mars 2023, 05:35:1230/03/2023
I heard Alexxev live many times, including
at the 1970 Enescu competition he won.
He is very good, and I like him overall.

My best cup of tea for Brahms is Arcadi
Volodos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n4h34LhOKxrn6wuRsL1A1FSrCCwQgpLII

Yes, I know, this does not include op 116.

For the complete 1167-119 sets, Anna
Gourari sets a very high bar:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nqiwHeyTzueBo8OVyU3DbrBYeyO9iks_0

BTW I do not like op. 116 as much
as opp. 117-119.

IIRC Helene Grimaud's early career
Brahms recordings were also very
good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQdK1iY26Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFYDwxUmIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgmMHtRV_c0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT496p0C7NM

I have not listened to these works
in a long time.

Pluted Pup

non lue,
30 mars 2023, 21:45:5930/03/2023
On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 02:35:09 -0700, Dan Koren wrote:

> On Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 1:40:44???AM UTC-7, Mandryka wrote:
> >
> > Listening now to Dmitri Alexeev愀 late
> > Brahms. That might be more your cup
> > of tea DK - 1976 recordings.
>
> I heard Alexxev live many times, including
> at the 1970 Enescu competition he won.
> He is very good, and I like him overall.
>
> My best cup of tea for Brahms is Arcadi
> Volodos:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n4h34LhOKxrn6wuRsL1A1FSrCCwQgpLII
>
> Yes, I know, this does not include op 116.
>
> For the complete 1167-119 sets, Anna
> Gourari sets a very high bar:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nqiwHeyTzueBo8OVyU3DbrBYeyO9iks_0
>
> BTW I do not like op. 116 as much
> as opp. 117-119.
>
> IIRC Helene Grimaud's early career
> Brahms recordings were also very
> good:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQdK1iY26Y
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFYDwxUmIA
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgmMHtRV_c0
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT496p0C7NM
>
> I have not listened to these works
> in a long time.

It would be helpful to point out the exact moments
you are judging the performances by.

Dan Koren

non lue,
30 mars 2023, 22:52:2330/03/2023
Contrary to what one might believe, I do not
evaluate performances by "excat moments".
It sounds like you are assuming other people
think the same way you do. Some may, and
some may not.

Can you describe the exact bite by which
you judge steaks? Or the exact grain of
rice by which you judge risotto?

I have described how I listen to music and
how I evaluate piano performance more
often and in more detail than anyone in
this group. Read the archives and
unplute your ears.

dk

Mandryka

non lue,
20 avr. 2023, 03:54:0320/04/2023
Lovely gentle and melancholy late Brahms from Austbø. He has a refined sense of the simultaneous voices. It makes me want to hear him play Chopin mazurkas, but sadly I don’t think he’s recorded them.
0 nouveau message