A recent Sokolov recital

Dan Koren

Mar 31, 2023, 5:52:53 AM3/31/23

Mandryka

Mar 31, 2023, 11:11:35 AM3/31/23
On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 10:52:53 AM UTC+1, Dan Koren wrote:
> https://youtu.be/wJu_bEy6Yjg

The Purcell sounds serious and expressive, and I quite like it -- I like his restraint -- not much by way of modern piano effects as far as I can tell from the recording. But above all I like the ornamentation and the counterpoint. There used to be a harpsichord player who posted here who admired Sokolov in contrapuntal music, and listening to this, I think he may have been right.