"My 10 favourite pianists :)"

gggg gggg

Oct 23, 2021, 5:04:30 PM10/23/21
(Recent Y. upload)

HT

Oct 24, 2021, 10:23:43 AM10/24/21
Op zaterdag 23 oktober 2021 om 23:04:30 UTC+2 schreef gggg gggg:
> (Recent Y. upload)

They are all dead. At the time of writing, my favourites are among the living and performing:

Anderszewski
Bavouzet
Blechacz
Chochieva
Eckardstein
Huangci
Rana
Schuch
Eum Son
Volodos

Henk

Chris from Lafayette

Oct 24, 2021, 7:34:50 PM10/24/21
On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 7:23:43 AM UTC-7, hvt...@xs4all.nl wrote:

> [The faves in the OP's link] are all dead. At the time of writing, my favourites are among the living and performing:
>
> Anderszewski
> Bavouzet
> Blechacz
> Chochieva
> Eckardstein
> Huangci
> Rana
> Schuch
> Eum Son
> Volodos
>
> Henk

Henk - I agree with some of your choices:

> Anderszewski
> Yeol Eum Son
> Volodos

I don't list some of the others you show, because I simply haven't heard them, although I'm not sure I agree about Chochieva. I would add:

Khatia (I know she goes off the rails sometimes, but when she's good. . . )
Vanessa Benelli Mosell ("She has the power to make people like my music" - Stockhausen)
Moravec (I know he's dead, but I was in a master class with him, so what am I supposed to do?)
Lugansky (can skate on the surface at times, but again, when he's good. . . )
Zimerman (can be a bit too frozen in his perfection sometimes, but again, when he's good. . . )
Sokolov (inconsistent, but usually interesting at the very least)

Possibilities: Kolesnikov (who wants to sell perfume if his piano career doesn't work out), Paul Wee (the astounding barrister!), Levit, so many others!

I mean, the list could VERY easily exceed a few dozen! ;-)