Lodia

Sam Rineer

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
What has happened to the Lodia label. There were some good recordings by
Carlos Piata in the early days of CDs. Did the label dissolve, get
absorbed, etc?

John Carter

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
There is a company listed in Gramophone selling the last items of this
label. the Wagner and Rossini Overture discsCD seem available at £9.99 and
rather more LPs at £7.50. No Mahler or Bruckner 8th though.Lodia
0171-8311910 fax 0171-242 5207.I do not think there will be any more.They
didnt even seem to know the labels founder was dead.
John Carter Barsoom
Sam Rineer <lyn...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

gk...@my-deja.com

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
In article <7te9li$o3l$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,

"Sam Rineer" <lyn...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> What has happened to the Lodia label. There were some good recordings
by
> Carlos Piata in the early days of CDs. Did the label dissolve, get
> absorbed, etc?
>
> Paita's Mahler 1 was terrific.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

John Harkness

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Lodia set up specifically to record Paita?

File him under WEHT.

John Harkness

John Carter

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
Yes it was Piata's own label.Most were recorded with Decca engineers in the
Kingsway Hall etc.Some like the Dvorak #7 were very good indeed.Paita died
early this year or late last year I think. A fine conductor and fine
recordings but poor distribution and marketing I suspect like most breakaway
labels.
John Carter Barsoom
John Harkness <j...@netcom.ca> wrote in message

John Carter

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Good News They still have some CDs left at £9.99, and lotsof LPs at £7.50
plus tapes. I bought the last Dvorak 7th on CD but there seems to be LPs and
Tapes of the last three Dvoraks, the Bruckner #8 and the Mahler "Titan"
Tchaikovsky Sixth, Rossini Overtures , Wagner etc some of the latter on CD.
They do post free mail order but only I suspect in GB.Not cheap for
deletions but I suspect we will not see these semi audiophile discs
again.The new LP price is rather a bargain.
John Carter Barsoom.
John Carter <jrca...@marcopolo26.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

gggg gggg

Aug 3, 2021, 10:07:45 PM8/3/21
On Tuesday, October 5, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Sam Rineer wrote:
> What has happened to the Lodia label. There were some good recordings by
> Carlos Piata in the early days of CDs. Did the label dissolve, get
> absorbed, etc?

According to this:

- The Lodia discs, meticulously mastered, pressed by Teldec in Hamburg and sumptuously packaged, are among the finest being produced now under any label. There are only nine items so far, but most of them are unusually appealing, both musically and sonically. All the material is available on cassettes, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/style/1981/10/11/the-perfection-of-carlos-paita/305a5d78-f00c-495f-b35b-9f6b872b9f40/