Best Dudamel recordings

mswd...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 6:47:09 PM9/17/21
I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

gggg gggg

Sep 17, 2021, 8:25:55 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-7, mswd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

(Recent Y. upload):

[INTERVIEW] GUSTAVO DUDAMEL

mswd...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 11:06:31 PM9/17/21
Aw, come on, gggg gggg, got no picks? Listened to some of his Pictures earlier today. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Probably worse than that, as it wasn't even relaxing.

gggg gggg

Sep 17, 2021, 11:29:23 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-7, mswd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

https://www.sfcv.org/articles/feature/essential-gustavo-dudamel

sci.space

Sep 18, 2021, 8:34:37 AM9/18/21
I was so disappointed with his Revueltas Sensemaya recording that I gave up on him. To me, he is in the same category as Ozawa, uninteresting to listen to.

gggg gggg

Sep 18, 2021, 8:41:20 PM9/18/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-7, mswd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

https://slippedisc.com/2021/09/dudamel-puts-his-paris-opener-online-for-free/

number_six

Sep 19, 2021, 3:33:07 PM9/19/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-7, mswd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

I just noticed Dudamel is featured in a commercial for Palo Alto Networks cybersecurity, so he's keeping up his media profile,

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qktV/palo-alto-networks-we-got-next-ft-lena-waithe-gustavo-dudamel-robin-frijns

However, I don't really have a favorite recording by him. Adams' Gospel According to the Other Mary is in my queue -- haven't heard it yet.

Chris from Lafayette

Sep 20, 2021, 6:16:56 PM9/20/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-7, mswd...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to be charitable at the thought of Gustavo leading the RCO. If I had to listen to him (because I don't, generally, though I treat Rattle the same way), I'd go to his Mahler or the recent Ives. What else has he recorded that you really like?

The Dude has his moments. I heard his Tchaikovsky Nutcracker on Qobuz. I liked it, but. . . alas, it's not available in MCh, so I said to myself, "Why bother?". ;-)