RIP...

MELMOTH

Jul 25, 2021, 5:34:05 AMJul 25
RMCR...

HT

Jul 25, 2021, 8:04:34 AMJul 25
Op zondag 25 juli 2021 om 11:34:05 UTC+2 schreef MELMOTH:
> RMCR...

<g> The veterinarian in my family (RIP) was a man of little patience. Always thought it was a trait, but it seems to go with the trade.

Henk

Herman

Jul 25, 2021, 10:23:25 AMJul 25
drama queen

MELMOTH

Jul 26, 2021, 3:43:51 AMJul 26
RMCR...

Owen

Jul 26, 2021, 4:44:46 PMJul 26
On 7/25/21 10:23 AM, Herman wrote:
> drama queen

The death of rmcr has been greatly exaggerated. And not the first time too.

-Owen

Frank Berger

Jul 26, 2021, 5:15:56 PMJul 26
Well, the absence of DK and Steve Haufe (Bozo) has put a damper in the piano discussion.

number_six

Jul 26, 2021, 7:01:01 PMJul 26
I'll say -- three weeks since anyone called Glenn Gould a BF imbecile.

Agree with Owen -- RMCR is not the next mass extinction event...

Andrew Clarke

Jul 26, 2021, 11:47:19 PMJul 26
On Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 7:34:05 PM UTC+10, MELMOTH wrote:
> RMCR...

But Melmoth, we still haven't got around to discussing one of my favourite Frenchmen, Herv'e Niquet (or Harvey Nicks as he's known in London) - one of the great unsung heroes of the HIP movement. I first knew him and his Concert Spirituel, through his beautifully sensitive recordings of the great French Baroque motets of Charpentier and Lully; then the riotous Serenades francaises and Ballets de Village of Boismortier; then his glorious performances of Handel at the London Proms, now on You Tube; and finally his pantomime "La flute enchant'ee" from Versailles.

He looks a bit like Charles de Gaulle without the nose ...

Amicalement,

Andrew Clarke
Canberra

raymond....@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2021, 12:43:06 AMJul 27
Niquet's Ballets de Village by Boismortier is a delightful bubbly affair. Highly recommended.

Ray Hall, Taree

Andrew Clarke

Jul 27, 2021, 1:36:44 AMJul 27
You might also try "Don Quichotte chez la Duchesse" also available on Naxos, wih some wonderful singing. Boismortier, I think, was an 18th century Offenbach - just one brilliant tune after another. According to M. Niquet, "People said that he never developed any of his musical ideas, but how could he, when there were hundreds on every page?"

Andrew Clarke
Canberra

MELMOTH

Jul 27, 2021, 6:07:28 AMJul 27
*André TUBOEUF*, great French musicographer...

Andrew Clarke

Jul 28, 2021, 6:30:15 PMJul 28
On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 8:07:28 PM UTC+10, MELMOTH wrote:
> *André TUBOEUF*, great French musicographer...

What's Le Poeme Harmonique up to these days?

Is there any truth to the rumour that President Macron is the love-child of the late Mireille Mathieu and William Christie?

Andrew Clarke
Canberra

Andrew Clarke

Aug 1, 2021, 12:20:42 AMAug 1
On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 8:30:15 AM UTC+10, Andrew Clarke wrote:

> Is there any truth to the rumour that President Macron is the love-child of the late Mireille Mathieu and William Christie?

Correction: That should read: is there any truth to the rumour that President Macron is the lovechild of Johnny Halliday and Zizi Jeanmaire?

Mme Mathieu is still very much with us.

The calendar for Le Poeme Harmonique is here. They do seem to have a very varied repertoire:

<https://lepoemeharmonique.fr/saison/20202021/>

Everybody interested in 17th century drama needs to see their videorecording of Moliere's Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme, complete with Charpentier's music: possibly the first time it has been staged thus since the 17th century.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra