Re: WHITE HEAT Concert performance - Boston SO/Munch (1959)

Message has been deleted

Frank Berger

Jan 19, 2022, 12:59:01 AMJan 19
On 1/16/2022 6:27 PM, Sound Dynamics Associates wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7pOK4MljKw

Music & Arts 236 contained the same Oct. 10, 1959 performance.
Message has been deleted

Frank Berger

Jan 19, 2022, 10:39:18 AMJan 19
On 1/19/2022 8:25 AM, Sound Dynamics Associates wrote:
> This was taken from the Syphony Hall Centennial Box of 12 CDs transferred to Digital from the Boston Symphonyt Transcriptipm Trust recording master tapes etc 1943 to 2000

I'm not saying it doesn't sound better than the M & A. I don't know what M & A's source was. Obviously captured from a broadcast. I simply said it was the same performance.

Kerrison

Jan 20, 2022, 2:22:46 PMJan 20
One Munch / Boston performance that puts all the others in the shade is his 1958 reading of the Vaughan Williams 8th Symphony. On the strength of this one, he should have played a few other RVW symphonies. I wonder if he ever did? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Two4qjxmw&t=2s

Dan Koren

Jan 20, 2022, 11:38:21 PMJan 20
On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 2:22:46 PM UTC-5, Kerrison wrote:

> One Munch / Boston performance that puts
> all the others in the shade is his 1958 reading
> of the Vaughan Williams 8th Symphony. On the
> strength of this one, he should have played a few
> other RVW symphonies. I wonder if he ever did? ...

If he did, Google has not heard about it .....

dk