Are you sure that's the right cover art?

Owen

Aug 1, 2021, 11:23:39 PM8/1/21

Gerard

Aug 2, 2021, 5:30:37 AM8/2/21

Owen

Aug 2, 2021, 8:18:43 PM8/2/21
Why does Amazon hate Yoel Levi??

Coincidence?? I think not!!

-Owen

Andrew Clarke

Aug 3, 2021, 8:14:27 PM8/3/21
The cheaper the record, the sketchier the metadata and the more chance of a complete mismatch of cover art. or, indeed of an entire recording, by those services employed by dbPowerAmp etc. when ripping CDs. My favourite was a cheap compilation of Mississippi blues, misidentified as a collection of Kay Kyser. Every single track.

Frank Berger

Aug 3, 2021, 9:33:17 PM8/3/21
On 8/3/2021 8:14 PM, Andrew Clarke wrote:
> The cheaper the record, the sketchier the metadata and the more chance of a complete mismatch of cover art. or, indeed of an entire recording, by those services employed by dbPowerAmp etc. when ripping CDs. My favourite was a cheap compilation of Mississippi blues, misidentified as a collection of Kay Kyser. Every single track.

There are many, many mis-matches on Amazon between images and actual product. I'm guessing because someone enters a wrong UPC code. There appears to be no way to report when this happens. This one I encountered recently. I thought I had scored a copy of this Timofeyeva disc of Haydn sonatas:

https://tinyurl.com/xf7rxpc

I didn't notice that when I placed it in my shopping cart, something altogether different appeared there:

https://tinyurl.com/42yvk4v8

The second one is what I received today in the mail.

Interestingly the Amazon blurb said there are two pianists (doesn't say who plays what) - Bakhchiev and Kuzmin, but the disc itself only mentions Kuzmin. Also no recording dates, so I really have no idea what I've got. Hanging on to it though.

Try placing the first on in your cart and you'll see.

Frank Berger

Aug 3, 2021, 9:43:27 PM8/3/21
Actually, this is even weirder than what I reported. The reason Bakhchiev isn't mentioned on the CD I received is because it is a different Liszt CD in that sames series, NOT the one that went into the shopping cart. I can't explain that at all.