RICH...

MELMOTH

May 26, 2022, 10:47:20 AM5/26/22
https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/11661815-The-Flip-Phillips-Buddy-Rich-Trio-The-Flip-Phillips-Buddy-Rich-Trio

I listen and listen again and again...Nothing to do...I hear a trombone
player !...But...Who is he?...I ask the question...

raymond....@gmail.com

May 26, 2022, 10:10:11 PM5/26/22
I don't hear a trombone, at what point do you hear it?

Anyway, playing this led me to this incredible video of the following :-

Thieves in the Temple (Prince) with Herbie Hancock on piano; Dave Holland, bass; Jack DeJohnette, drums; Don Alias, percussion; John Scofield, guitar and Michael Brecker on tenor saxophone. Montreal Jazz Festival, 1997

https://youtu.be/PBkJF4hi_XQ

It doesn't get any better than this. This is incredible, and Hancock is one of the few pianists who makes a Yamaha grand seem small.

Ray Hall, Taree

MELMOTH

May 27, 2022, 4:08:54 AM5/27/22
raymond....@gmail.com a écrit :
> I don't hear a trombone, at what point do you hear it?

It starts from /Funky Blues/, the first track of the album !...

MELMOTH

May 27, 2022, 5:03:10 AM5/27/22
raymond....@gmail.com a émis l'idée suivante :
>> I listen and listen again and again...Nothing to do...I hear a trombone
>> player !...But...Who is he?...I ask the question...

> I don't hear a trombone, at what point do you hear it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyd2E9bhMU0

Andy Evans

May 27, 2022, 6:37:43 AM5/27/22
On Friday, 27 May 2022 at 03:10:11 UTC+1, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:
> It doesn't get any better than this. This is incredible, and Hancock is one of the few pianists who makes a Yamaha grand seem small.
> > Ray Hall, Taree

Well, we disagree for once. I think it gets a lot better than this. I never tire of listening to Herbie's wonderful arrangements on his ballads. Talking about these in particular, taken off a number of his later recordings where they fill in for the funky stuff. But these are the real gems:
Textures
Gentle Thoughts
Sun Touch
People Music
Spiraling Prism
Bubbles
I Thought it was You
Come Running to Me
Butterfly

I have these in a playlist in iTunes and for me it doesn't get any better than these!