Melodiya titles on CD a thing of the past?

Oscar

Feb 21, 2024, 9:10:22 PMFeb 21
For my first post on usenet via novaBBS, an r.m.c.r. _exclusive_

Two weeks ago I noticed PrestoMusic has stopped stocking titles on the Melodiya label on CD. This is unusual, as I had always counted on an annual Melodiya sale to catch up on any desirable titles in the catalog. AlsoL Melodiya discs tend not to stay in-print for very long, so better get whilst the gettin's good, e.g. The Anthology of Russian Symphonic Music boxes went in-and-out-of-print pretty quickly. (I missed out on the second one.) At any rate, I sent Presto a message inquiring into the Melodiya situation via online form on its web site. After a few days I received the following reply on Monday 2/19:

<< Thank you for your email.

My colleague has responded and said Naxos stopped supplying Melodiya last year. Unfortunately we don't currently have access to the physical catalogue.

Kind regards,

Presto Music
-Charlotte >>

There ya have it. I looked at Melodiya's web site and do not see any mention of CD for titles issued in recent months.