A 1992 Rudolf Kehrer recital

Dan Koren

Feb 4, 2022, 3:07:59 AM2/4/22

AB

Feb 4, 2022, 10:38:18 AM2/4/22
On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 3:07:59 AM UTC-5, dan....@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KejspsnuvnM

why listen, I hear nothing special........

AB

HT

Feb 4, 2022, 11:59:34 AM2/4/22
Op vrijdag 4 februari 2022 om 16:38:18 UTC+1 schreef AB:
<g> You could hear that he was one of the great once ...

Henk

AB

Feb 5, 2022, 1:34:15 PM2/5/22
for me he is just an ordinary concert pianist..... we hardly ever talk about a real genius like Ciccolini who was in the same league as ABM, AdL, Richter, Sokolov, etc.

Arri

Dan Koren

Feb 5, 2022, 2:25:13 PM2/5/22
On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 10:34:15 AM UTC-8, AB wrote:

> for me he is just an ordinary concert pianist.....
> we hardly ever talk about a real genius like
> Ciccolini who was in the same league as
> ABM, AdL, Richter, Sokolov, etc.

Hhmmm..... I am a great fan of Ciccolini, yet I
wouldn't describe him as a "genius". He was
certainly excellent at the peak of his career. I
heard him live more than once and he never
disappointed. But he was was no Richter,
and no AdL either. Just compare their
Iberia performances.

dk

Dan Koren

Feb 5, 2022, 2:27:40 PM2/5/22
BTW I also heard Kehrer quite a few times
during the 1960s, around the same time I
heard Ciccolini. Kehrer was extraordinary,
however I understand that does not come
across in recordings made 20-30 years
later.

dk