WEINBERG...

MELMOTH

Sep 22, 2021, 6:25:44 PMSep 22
If you like the clarinet :
https://www.amazon.fr/Musique-Clarinette-Jurowski-Oberaigner-Schoch/dp/B083N17RRB/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=weinberg+naxos&qid=1632348979&s=music&sr=1-7

And if you want to know better this great composer *Mieczyslaw
WEINBERG* (for those who don't know him), all the recordings published
by Naxos (orchestral and instrumental music) and CPO (string quartets)
are amazing...

Frank Berger

Sep 22, 2021, 8:51:27 PMSep 22
For a long time I thought Weinberg and Vainberg were different dudes.

Chris J.

Sep 23, 2021, 7:34:45 AMSep 23
On 23 Sep 2021 MELMOTH wrote:

> And if you want to know better this great composer *Mieczyslaw WEINBERG*
> (for those who don't know him), all the recordings published by Naxos
> (orchestral and instrumental music) and CPO (string quartets)
> are amazing...

And if you want to know better the piano player Weinberg/Vainberg, listen
for instance to his and Dmitry Shostakovich's performance of the latter's
symphony No. 10 in D.S.'s arrangement for piano duet (rec. 1954).

Chris

number_six

Sep 23, 2021, 5:06:37 PMSep 23
When listening to Weinberg, pay particular attention to the first three minutes.

Oh, wait -- that IS another guy...