Mussorgsky, Salammbo

Sten4PGD

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Does anyone know whether Sony has plans to re-issue this on CD? There was
a 2-LP set of a completed version of this opera available from them in the
early 1980s (which I owned and foolishly loaned to someone!?@#%...you get
the rest!)

Thanks.
Mark Stenroos

Juan I. Cahis

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
Dear Sirs:

I fully agree to the requirement to Sony. This work is outstanding,
and to my knowledge, there isn't any other recording of it.

sten...@aol.com (Sten4PGD) wrote:

>Thanks.
>Mark Stenroos

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Email: jic...@ibm.net
Note: Please, forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

gggg gggg

Feb 28, 2021, 12:28:42 AM2/28/21
On Friday, March 22, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Sten4PGD wrote:
> Does anyone know whether Sony has plans to re-issue this on CD? There was
> a 2-LP set of a completed version of this opera available from them in the
> early 1980s (which I owned and foolishly loaned to someone!?@#%...you get
> the rest!)
> Thanks.
> Mark Stenroos

(Youtube upload):

Olga Borodina: Salammbô

Randy Lane

Feb 28, 2021, 11:08:51 AM2/28/21
Is it possible CBS licensed the recording from Fonti Cetra, who have issued it on CD

https://www.amazon.com/Salammbo-Mussorgsky/dp/B0000045GD/

MiNe109

Feb 28, 2021, 11:28:10 AM2/28/21
If Mark hasn't replaced the lps since 1996, there are some available:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/7116092?ev=rb

Fonit Cetra is now owned by Warners.

Frank Berger

Feb 28, 2021, 11:37:02 AM2/28/21
I wonder if Mark still waiting for this answer after 25 years.

Richard Sauer

Feb 28, 2021, 4:21:56 PM2/28/21

> I wonder if Mark still waiting for this answer after 25 years.

I'd trade gggg gggg ( ad infinitum) for Tom Deacon.

Until Next Year,
Rich

Randy Lane

Feb 28, 2021, 6:08:39 PM2/28/21
Oops.

Did not catch the dates.

Frank Berger

Feb 28, 2021, 6:31:33 PM2/28/21
On 2/28/2021 11:08 AM, Randy Lane wrote:
According to Disocogs CBS did indeed license it from Fonit Cetra. Both released in 1981 on LP (recorded in 1980). According to Worldcat Fonit Cetra released a CD in 1993. No releases since, as far as I can tell.

gggg gggg

Mar 1, 2021, 9:45:07 PM3/1/21
(Youtube upload):

M.Mussorgsky. "Salammbo", (Der Schlusschor von Priesterinnen)

gggg gggg

Mar 7, 2021, 6:56:21 PM3/7/21
On Friday, March 22, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Sten4PGD wrote:
> Does anyone know whether Sony has plans to re-issue this on CD? There was
> a 2-LP set of a completed version of this opera available from them in the
> early 1980s (which I owned and foolishly loaned to someone!?@#%...you get
> the rest!)
> Thanks.
> Mark Stenroos

(Youtube upload):

M. P. Mussorgsky : Salambo

gggg gggg

Mar 7, 2021, 6:58:20 PM3/7/21
SALAMMBO, Musorgskij, Ludmilla Shemchuk

Tassilo

Mar 7, 2021, 9:46:43 PM3/7/21
This recording was reissued on CD by Warner Classics a few years ago. Unfortunately it is long gone unless you're willing to shell out $900 to buy it from an Amazon seller:

https://www.amazon.com/Mussorgsky-Salammbo-Shemchuk-2003-05-19/dp/B01AXMPNWO/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=mussorgsky+salammbo&qid=1615171447&sr=8-8

-Tassilo