Cziffra...Totentanz

Nov 13, 2017, 10:49:07 PM11/13/17

My son recommended this one to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OFxSUCV7A&feature=share

Playing is somewhat brittle sounding, but not in a bad way. While this
is mostly a piece about virtuosity, one isn't constantly reminded of it
in this recording. Nice sound and a very complementary orchestra.

-Owen

HT

Nov 14, 2017, 5:38:14 AM11/14/17
Op dinsdag 14 november 2017 04:49:07 UTC+1 schreef O:
Great performance! In particular the slow movements sounded far more interesting than anything than I expected them to be.

Thanks,
Henk

AB

Nov 14, 2017, 11:46:19 AM11/14/17
many years ago I received a trove of Cziffra CDs, most of which I did not like. This recording is by far the best of the lot, tremendous playing.

AB
Message has been deleted

gggg gggg

Nov 24, 2021, 5:07:55 AM11/24/21
(Youtube upload):

Cziffra in rehearsal: Liszt's S.126 Totentanz