Alexei Haieff Music Project

Andre

Mar 14, 2010, 9:40:00 PM3/14/10
Many thanks to my friend Russ Openheim for his kind comments about me
and the Alexei Haieff Music Project. I founded Alexei Records for the
purpose of telling the story of composer Alexei Haieff and making his
music available on CD. To that point, two CDs are now available:
Kirill and Anna Gliadkovsky Play Alexei Haieff and
Manhattan Piano. Please go to the web site www.alexei.com
for details.

Andre Haeff 3/14/2010

stephe...@yahoo.com

May 25, 2022, 7:50:38 AM5/25/22
Is it still possible to order any of these Haieff CDs? The website is no longer operational.

Thanks,

Steve

Frank Berger

May 25, 2022, 11:39:29 AM5/25/22
On 5/25/2022 7:50 AM, stephe...@yahoo.com wrote:M
Precious little Haieff available on Cd. Like you, I'm sure, I found no sign of them being available anywhere, new or used. There are samples of both on Youtube.
There was a CRI CD of some piano music, and the Julliards recorded a string quartet, and Munch a couple of symphonies.

It would be a great project to collect the available LPs and produce a Haieff CD box. I find his music very attractive.

Frank Berger

May 25, 2022, 11:53:59 AM5/25/22
Correction the CRI was an LP. A CD-R version is available from New World Records:

https://www.newworldrecords.org/products/alexei-haieff-piano-works.

Apologies if you know all this.

Russ (not Martha)

May 25, 2022, 3:00:25 PM5/25/22
I kept hoping the folks at the Alexei Haieff website would make an effort to unearth and record Haieff's Symphony #1 and Violin Concerto which I think are buried somewhere in the New York City Public Library, but it never happened. Haieff was not very prolific, and it is sad not to have these works available. Maybe Naxos will help us out.

Russ (not Martha)