Re: martin karall violins

karen4f...@hotmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 5:34:45 PM4/24/17
On Friday, February 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bergonzi wrote:
> hello to everyone!
>
> i am posting this message in hopes of reaching those who are in the
> possesion of any martin karall stringed instruments. i own a violin
> made for me by this master maker for several years now. this
> instrument has such a complex and smooth yet powerful tone. not only
> are his instruments a joy to play, they are a visual masterpiece. by
> mr karall's estimates, he has created between 250-300 instruments.
> those who have been fortunate enough to play a karall will understand
> my passion for his instruments.
>
> this message is for those who are gifted with owning martin karall
> instruments. i am interested in starting a symposium of karall
> instruments in his hometown of vancouver bc, canada. i am trying to
> organize a collection for display set for sometime in january of 1999.
> mr. karall is now in his mid-eighties and this would mean everything
> to a man who has dedicated his life in crafting and perfecting his
> art. thank you.
>
> those interested please email me at:
>
> berg...@studioq.ml.org

On Friday, February 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bergonzi wrote:
> hello to everyone!
>
> i am posting this message in hopes of reaching those who are in the
> possesion of any martin karall stringed instruments. i own a violin
> made for me by this master maker for several years now. this
> instrument has such a complex and smooth yet powerful tone. not only
> are his instruments a joy to play, they are a visual masterpiece. by
> mr karall's estimates, he has created between 250-300 instruments.
> those who have been fortunate enough to play a karall will understand
> my passion for his instruments.
>
> this message is for those who are gifted with owning martin karall
> instruments. i am interested in starting a symposium of karall
> instruments in his hometown of vancouver bc, canada. i am trying to
> organize a collection for display set for sometime in january of 1999.
> mr. karall is now in his mid-eighties and this would mean everything
> to a man who has dedicated his life in crafting and perfecting his
> art. thank you.
>
> those interested please email me at:
>
> berg...@studioq.ml.org

Hi Bergonzi, I have just now run across your very old post. I have two martin Karall violins, 1991 and 1992 that I've owned since they were made. I got to know Martin, and what a lovely man he was. I'm selling one of them now, as I retired from the VSO 7 years ago, and now am retiring for good. I'm wondering if you ever did your display of his violins?
KarenF