Sergio and Eduardo Abreu: What happened?

已查看 1,665 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Marvin K C Chun

未读,
1995年3月26日 05:17:381995/3/26
收件人
A couple of months ago I picked up two records by Sergio and Eduardo
Abreu, a guitar duo. One was all duos and the other was a performance of
two concertos for two guitars and orchestra. IMHO they sounded great.
Anybody know what happened to them? Did they only make these two albums?

Thanks,
Marv

Bentley1

未读,
1995年3月26日 22:47:281995/3/26
收件人
That's the only two I have.

As far as them touring anymore I heard that Eduardo was not enjoying the
pressure of performing and touring. Also, I hear he is a luthier and now
makes a fine Hauser style guitar now.

-Mark Bentley

Pi Sheng Chang

未读,
1995年3月27日 16:33:491995/3/27
收件人
In article <D61Lx...@news.hawaii.edu>,

Hi,
I've always been curious about their recordings. But never had a
chance to listen to them. Eduardo Abreu is a friend of mine and is
finishing his Ph.D in EE at UC Santa Barbara. Sergio Abreu is still
playing in Rio de janeiro, Brazil, but had also been interested in
building guitars. The last time I saw Sergio Abreu, he was in a jury of
a competition, not only restricted to guitars.
The duo didn't record that much due to Eduardo's personality. He is a
very shy person and didn't like to play in public at that time. So he gave up
the career as a musician and has been dedicating his time to Digital
Signal Processing. Once he told me that he still plays around 2 hours
a day, and that was enough to keep him in shape. Since he doesn't like
to talk that much about music, I also didn't ask him that many questions.
How is their recordings? Is it still possible to find them nowadays?

Regards,

Pi Sheng Chang
Depart. of Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing Group, UCLA.
e-mail : psc...@ee.ucla.edu, psc...@icsl.ucla.edu

Majjick

未读,
1995年3月28日 14:12:151995/3/28
收件人
In message <D61Lx...@news.hawaii.edu> mar...@uhunix4.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu

The information you got from the other respondents corresponds to my own.

There were at least two albums of solos and duos, both entitled "the
Guitars of Sergio and Eduardo Abreu"! The UK labels were CBS and Ace of
Diamonds.
I only have the latter to hand: it is SDD 219. It's absolutely terrific;
in particular, the understanding of Dowland by a couple of Brazilian
teenagers is astonishing. Maybe someone will see fit to reissue this on
CD...

CBS

Anon Drewries Accordes
Anon Le Rossignoll