To Americans: Received a Stimulus Check Yet?

augusti...@yahoo.com

Apr 22, 2020, 10:12:09 AM4/22/20
Just read this in a recent article:

“The IRS sent out the first electronic stimulus check payments on April 11. The first recipients of these initial payments were those who qualify for a check and have filed a tax return via direct deposit in either 2018 or 2019. Most Americans who were in line to receive their check through direct deposit should already have it in their on-file bank account.”

Well, I qualify and I filed my 2019 tax return electronically at the end of January. So far, nothing. Checking the IRS website, I get this message:

“You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.”

So I’m curious. Has any American reading my post received their stimulus check?

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA

vih...@protonmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 11:30:34 AM4/22/20
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:12:09 AM UTC-7, augusti...@yahoo.com wrote:

> So I’m curious. Has any American reading my post received their stimulus check?

This one hasn't.

C.

John Nguyen

Apr 22, 2020, 12:11:47 PM4/22/20
Not personally, but my daughter did get the stimulus check on 4/15. She filed her tax in early March.
Message has been deleted

free

Apr 22, 2020, 12:27:13 PM4/22/20
Nothing Yet
No clue from the IRS page - 'Payment Status Not Available' 04/22/2020 09:24 AM PST

just waiting - having trouble reading the keys on my phone from calling the bank to see if the deposit is
there............................

--
----------------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher V8.0 Beta 4

Wollybird

Apr 22, 2020, 12:33:42 PM4/22/20
> Tom PooreI received
> South Euclid, OH
> USA

If you filed with H&R block or Turbotax among others, there is a delay- they weren't synced with the IRS- I received mine today- they're going out in batches

Gerry

Apr 22, 2020, 1:23:08 PM4/22/20
On 2020-04-22 16:15:57 +0000, Matt Faunce said:
> I got mine on April 15. $1200.

Same here; 4/15/20. $2400 for the two of us.

Learnwell

Apr 22, 2020, 1:33:14 PM4/22/20
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:12:09 AM UTC-7, augusti...@yahoo.com wrote:
Got it. We're fortunate enough to be working overtime, so gave it to people who need help to get food. Maybe other fortunate folks who don't really need it would consider doing something similar. Give it to a waitress you know who is out of work, etc.

augusti...@yahoo.com

Apr 22, 2020, 2:03:03 PM4/22/20
I didn’t use H&R Block or Turbotax, but did use an online program. I also owe money on my federal return—I’m still waiting for confirmation of what I owe. So that’s a possible roadblock.

Fortunately for me, I’m still working. (All my lessons are now online.) So if I never get a stimulus check, it won’t hurt me as much as it would someone who’s laid off. But I don’t know anyone who has gotten it. Hence my curiosity.

I’m also cynical enough to suspect our Stable Genius in Chief would pressure the IRS to delay payments to states with governors he doesn’t like. (November 2020 can’t come soon enough for me.)

Wollybird

Apr 22, 2020, 3:31:44 PM4/22/20
I live in Minnesota. no one dislikes fat donny more than I do. I'm retired, spending savings isn't taxable, nor is most SS, but I did use H&R Block. If there is a fuck up to he had, his administration will find it.

Steven Bornfeld

Apr 22, 2020, 4:43:19 PM4/22/20
I've received $1K at the office as the EIDL "advance". The PPP is an
unmitigated disaster for small business, and my wee widdle band
(Chase)--the bank that has "served" my business since 1978, has been
less than useless.
As for the IRS stimulus check, I've heard nothing. On their website
however it says that if you receive Social Security Benefits, it's going
to be coordinated (or perhaps uncoordinated) with SSA, and we'll receive
it "later in the month".

Steve

Gerry

Apr 22, 2020, 8:23:06 PM4/22/20
I'm drawing SS (taxed*, by the way). But we received the CV19 stimulus
check, as I indicated upstream, on the 15th. I don't know that's
coordinated, uncoordinated or what.

* "For the 2019 and 2020 tax years, single filers with a combined
income of $25,000 to $34,000 must pay income taxes on up to 50% of
their Social Security benefits. If your combined income was more than
$34,000, you will pay taxes on up to 85% of your Social Security
benefits."

augusti...@yahoo.com

Apr 26, 2020, 3:43:38 PM4/26/20
According to the IRS, I’m supposed to get my payment this week.

By the way, I enjoyed Governor Cuomo’s response to Moscow Mitch. I wouldn’t blame New Yorkers for saying: “If you don’t like our tax dollars, then we’ll be happy to stop exporting them to you.”

dsi1

Apr 26, 2020, 8:36:09 PM4/26/20
What Mr. Mitch really wants to do is default on Kentucky's pension payment obligations. That's a republican's wet dream you got right there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2020/04/23/kiss-your-state-pension-goodbye/?ss=retirement#304f2da961f9

vih...@protonmail.com

Apr 26, 2020, 9:20:18 PM4/26/20
whos moscow mitch does he work for vvp

Andrew Schulman

Apr 26, 2020, 10:03:50 PM4/26/20
I received a check for 2.5 million dollars. I think a mistake was made. Question: - should I do the right thing and contact them about this mistake or should I spend as much of it as I can as fast as possible?

Thank you in advance for your response,
Andrew

vih...@protonmail.com

Apr 26, 2020, 10:22:43 PM4/26/20
Effing spend it.. before it's too... late!!!

C.

John Nguyen

Apr 26, 2020, 11:40:45 PM4/26/20
May I suggest that you buy some Amazon gift cards with it and send them to me? It’ll be in good hands, I can assure you. 😂

augusti...@yahoo.com

Apr 30, 2020, 7:19:31 AM4/30/20
Checked my bank account early this morning. Found a deposit of 1,200 smackers—it was labeled “IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF.” Interestingly, when I filed my federal taxes at the end of January, it showed that I owe $861. I expected that this amount would be deducted from my stimulus payment. But it wasn’t. So when the IRS confirms what I owe on my 2019 return, most of my stimulus payment will go right back to the IRS.

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

I can’t wait to receive Donald Trump’s form letter patting himself on the back for my stimulus payment. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to know he’s thinking of me. Maybe I’ll buy a red MAGA hat—I’ll wear it in November as I vote straight Democrat.

Steven Bornfeld

Apr 30, 2020, 12:07:47 PM4/30/20
I had been unable to track my stimulus payment. Today my genius brother
hit on a solution.
We have not yet filed for 2019, so our basis is our 2018 return. On the
IRS website, under "get my payment" I had been filling out personal and
bank information; the website returned an error message that my input
"did not match their records".
Thing is, in 2018 I had an overpayment. The form asked whether I got a
refund or owed money. Neither was correct; I credited my overpayment to
my 2019 taxes. I filled in the credit in the "refund" box. Turns out,
if I put a zero in this box, it then accepted my information.
Anyone know, if you filed a joint return with spouse, do you get one
combined check or 2 checks?

Steve

vih...@protonmail.com

Apr 30, 2020, 1:12:34 PM4/30/20
My "stimulus payment" arrived on the 28th. Glad to have it.

Learnwell

May 2, 2020, 12:55:55 AM5/2/20

> Anyone know, if you filed a joint return with spouse, do you get one
> combined check or 2 checks?

One.

Steven Bornfeld

May 2, 2020, 12:02:33 PM5/2/20
Thanks!

Richard Jernigan

May 3, 2020, 10:17:37 PM5/3/20
As soon as the government catches their mistake, they will come after the money. You will have a difficult time spending it all before they come for it. Even so, they can confiscate any goods purchased with it. The safest thing for you to do is to let me hold the money for you in an untraceable bank account in Lagos, Nigeria. I have sent you my contact information via private message. Act now!

Yours truly

Prince Ricardavonga Jernigalumbo