Bach lute and cello suites for guitar

John

Dec 30, 2021, 4:41:07 PM12/30/21
Can anyone suggest good recordings of these?

Thanks,
John R.

John Nguyen

Dec 30, 2021, 6:14:22 PM12/30/21
David Russell has Lute Suites 1 to 4 on Youtube, and I thought they were really high quality in playing and videographing.
Cheers!

John N

John

Dec 31, 2021, 4:16:57 PM12/31/21
David Russell is terrific, and shows it in these videos. Thank you.

John R.

Matt Faunce

Dec 31, 2021, 5:30:56 PM12/31/21
My favorite live versions of some of these suites were played by Benjamin
Verdery and David Leisner, (separately.)

--
Matt

Adrian Ledda

Dec 31, 2021, 6:44:17 PM12/31/21
K.Yamashita

darwin_886 darwin_886

Jan 13, 2022, 7:10:21 AMJan 13

Matt Faunce

Jan 15, 2022, 6:52:10 PMJan 15
Benjamin Verdery playing Bach’s 6th Cello Suite
http://www.benjaminverdery.com/js-bach

Benjamin Verdery playing Bach’s 4th Cello Suite
https://benjamin-verdery.squarespace.com/branches

--
Matt

Matt Faunce

Jan 18, 2022, 5:01:40 PMJan 18
Yes! Here’s a YouTube playlist of David Russell videos, presented by the
Omni Foundation. All four lute suites are here plus the Prelude Fugue and
Allegro.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQKQLZjOYBWYIRKzH-3CXJg8iTmy3y-HM

--
Matt