Four Him & Jon Anderson?

Dash

Aug 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/18/99
What's up with Jon Anderson singing with Four Him? Did he become a
Christian?

Dash-

Chuck Pearson

Aug 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/18/99
Dash (dashr...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: What's up with Jon Anderson singing with Four Him? Did he become a
: Christian?

Jon Anderson has always had Christian leanings; his Yes-mate Rick Wakeman
is a believer, and has been a strong influence. but Anderson always goes
new-agey-flakey in the end.

singing with 4Him is a really interesting twist, though...where'd you hear
about this?

chuck
--
yeah, your radio's pretty good this year [thanx to bill mallonee.]
but your retail's not worth a dime <cpea...@freenet.columbus.oh.us>

Gary

Aug 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/18/99
The "Streams" project - http://www.streamsinthedesert.com/
where they sing "The Only Thing I Need"

Only a "Big Deal" lately. Oh, and there's a book, too.

--
Gary R. Hook
A piece of canvas is only the beginning

Scott McMahan

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Dash (dashr...@mindspring.com) wrote:
> What's up with Jon Anderson singing with Four Him? Did he become a
> Christian?

I'm a big Yes fan, and from what I have been able to glean of Jon's
beliefs, he is into everything -- transcendentalism, new age, pantheism,
UFOs, he's kind of "addicted" to spirituality and tries a little bit of
everything. He's super-spiritual, but in a way that embraces everything,
especially mysticism. I'm not sure if at the core of all this there's
a Christian element or not. If so, he's not a traditional Christian.
He seems to be interested in things that transcend this existence, and
seems to be prone to mystical, transcendental stuff where the spirit
goes beyond this universe to something higher.

I could be totally wrong; my picture of him is through his lyrics
and what I have read about his life and beliefs. He does have some
Christian-inspired lyrics, but they are melded in with very non-Christian
themes; almost simultaneously in some cases.

Scott

Jeff Holland

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99

Chuck Pearson wrote:

> Dash (dashr...@mindspring.com) wrote:
> : What's up with Jon Anderson singing with Four Him? Did he become a
> : Christian?
>

> Jon Anderson has always had Christian leanings; his Yes-mate Rick Wakeman
> is a believer, and has been a strong influence. but Anderson always goes
> new-agey-flakey in the end.
>
> singing with 4Him is a really interesting twist, though...where'd you hear
> about this?

It's true, they have a song on the _Streams_ project.

Jon Anderson, as far as I know, still believes in the "Devine Mother", the

"Spirtual Family", and other such new-age things, but he was recording
in the same studio as 4Him and is friends with producer Brent Bourgeois.

By the way, the new Yes album, _The Ladder_ releases on
Sept. 28. :-) :-) :-)

Jeff
NP: Chasing Furies, _With Abandon_

--
Jeff Holland is
jholland at gttx dot org

Jerry B. Ray, Jr.

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
In article <37BC0540...@I.SAID.gttx.NOSPAM.org>,
Jeff Holland <NOjholl...@I.SAID.gttx.NOSPAM.org> wrote:

> By the way, the new Yes album, _The Ladder_ releases on
>Sept. 28. :-) :-) :-)

Ooh, happy birthday to me...

JRjr
--
%%%%% vap...@prism.gatech.edu %%%%%%%% Jerry B. Ray, Jr. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
"Come in here and have a taste.

JRA

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
What was cool about Streams is the amount of artists who I absolutely love
were all on it. I keep a list of artists who I would blindly buy a new
release (in order of preference). Look how many were involved with Streams
(indicated by *).

*Michael W. Smith
Olivia Newton-John/John Farrar
Trevor Rabin (Mark Mancina)
*Yes (Andersion, Squire, Howe, Sherwood)
*Brent Bourgeois
*Chris Rodriguez
*Larry Tagg
*Amy Grant
Asia (Downes, Wetton)
Bruce Hornsby
Jars of Clay
Patrick Leonard
Madonna (William Orbit)
DC Talk
Peter Cetera (Ronna Reeves)
Chynna Phillips
Toto
*Cindy Morgan
Level 42 (Mark King)
Sarah Masen
Seal
Crystal Lewis
Gary Chapman
John Williams
Sting (Police)
Genesis
*Sixpence None the Richer
Rush
Carolyn Arends
David Foster
Pat Metheny
Wilshire
*Michelle Tumes
Jeff Lynne (ELO)
*Point of Grace
Susan Ashton
Enya
Elton John
Donald Fagen (Steely Dan)
B-52s
Eagles (Don, Glenn)
Erich Kunzel (Telarc)
*Peter Gabriel
Chris Eaton
*4Him

Jim

Jerry B. Ray, Jr. <vap...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote in message

ta fan

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99
I AGREE

Drshore

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
That is Jon Anderson of Yes singing with 4Him on the "Streams" project. The
way that came about was through Robin Crow. Jon has been recording and writing
with Robin at his Nashville studio. Brent Bourgeois ran into Jon there and
asked him to sing on the Streams record. I don't know how many of you remember
Robin Crow, but he put out a number of albums in the CCM world throughout the
80's. Then had a great solo guitar type album called "Electric Cinema" that
came out in 1992 (on which he did a great instrumental version of Roundabout).
I can't wait to hear the project that Robin and Jon have been working on.
Also, regarding the new Yes record, it comes out in September (either the 14th
or the 28th, I've seen both dates listed). It's called "The Ladder"...I have a
pre-release CD and it is the best thing they've done since 90125. An incredible
record that should appeal to early Yes fans, 80's Yes fans and even some of you
who aren't hardcore Yes fans.
dr. tony shore

Chuck Pearson

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
Drshore (drs...@aol.com) wrote:
: Also, regarding the new Yes record, it comes out in September (either the 14th

: or the 28th, I've seen both dates listed). It's called "The Ladder"...I have a
: pre-release CD and it is the best thing they've done since 90125. An incredible
: record that should appeal to early Yes fans, 80's Yes fans and even some of you
: who aren't hardcore Yes fans.

tony shore diggin' yes. go fig. 8-)

seeing as _talk_ was such unmitigated crap, i have no expectations for a
new yes album. but i'll listen to it at some point in any event.

Erik Lane

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
Dr. Shore got me tuned in to the finer points of Yes. I'll be at the
local record mart when that new CD comes out! Oooh, baby!

On 28 Aug 1999 05:24:21 -0400, cpea...@gcfn.org (Chuck Pearson)
wrote:

Erik Lane/Kenosis Christian Media
ICQ# 22671370, Instant Messenger: "Brd N Jam", YahooPager: "eriklane1990"
FAX ME ANYTIME! (781) 723-2568 or call me on the net: (877) 300-6478!
Service promo product for Bread-n-Jam to:
****NEW ADDRESS TO TAKE EFFECT 9/1****
Kenosis Christian Media
365 South St. Marys Street
St. Marys, PA 15857-1623
814/781-3140

Trout Hound

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
I actually thought Talk was great...it just shouldnt have been called a Yes
album.
Keys To Ascension II, Mind Drive - Now that's the stuff Yes is made of.

--
Virtuosity
Progressive Rock Spirituals

..I know a Farmer who looks after the farm,
with water clear, He cares for all His harvest...
-Genesis

Chuck Pearson <cpea...@gcfn.org> wrote in article
<7q89s5$m...@acme.freenet.columbus.oh.us>...