What about Marabeth???

Timothy Hilton

Mar 21, 1995, 11:46:07 PM3/21/95
What's the deal?? Michael English makes a boo-boo and we hear about it
constantly for the next six months. What about Marabeth? Did she do
anything except the original sin (no pun intended)? Is she still with
First Call? Did she ever ask for forgiveness? Was there any media
coverage about her that mentioned Michael's name less than six times?
Basically, what was her side of the story after the fact?

Any questions, any answers ... anyone for a mint?

dle...@vax1.umkc.edu

Robert Berman

Mar 23, 1995, 9:51:15 AM3/23/95
In article <D5trw...@tyrell.net>, thi...@tyrell.net (Timothy Hilton) wrote:

> What's the deal?? Michael English makes a boo-boo and we hear about it
> constantly for the next six months. What about Marabeth? Did she do
> anything except the original sin (no pun intended)? Is she still with
> First Call? Did she ever ask for forgiveness? Was there any media
> coverage about her that mentioned Michael's name less than six times?
> Basically, what was her side of the story after the fact?

If you'll refer to the English-Jordan FAQ, which is posted here regularly,
you will find information about Marabeth, including the fact that she was
quickly replaced in First Call. English doubtless got more press because
as a solo artist, his name was more familiar to the masses of people who
listen to the radio but wouldn't know the individual names of the members
of First Call. "Her side of the story" has not been aired, as far as I've
heard.

BretTEE

Mar 24, 1995, 1:19:51 AM3/24/95
Why don't you all air some of your "own" stories.......or maybe read your
Bible and stop the soap opera mentallity!

V-X

Mar 25, 1995, 6:43:52 AM3/25/95
In article <D5trw...@tyrell.net>, thi...@tyrell.net (Timothy Hilton) wrote:
>What's the deal?? Michael English makes a boo-boo and we hear about it
>constantly for the next six months. What about Marabeth? Did she do
>anything except the original sin (no pun intended)? Is she still with
>First Call? Did she ever ask for forgiveness? Was there any media
>coverage about her that mentioned Michael's name less than six times?
>Basically, what was her side of the story after the fact?

This has always struck me as odd--it's like the Gospel story of the woman
caught in adultery in reverse...

Oh, well--frankly, I think Jordan was treated decently, probably more the way
English should have been, and at least she herself has the decency not to go
on a "I"VE BEEN FORGIVEN AND REDEEMED!!!" comeback tour like certain other
notable fallen idols...

V-X can draw like crazy, man. /\ The Unofficial Jack Chick Archive!
Resume and examples available: /\ http:/www.teleport.com/~vx/jackhome.html
http://www.teleport.com/~vx /\ ftp.nine.org/pub/jackchick
_____________________"We live as we dream,alone."_________________________

Lee Whitman

Mar 25, 1995, 10:31:00 AM3/25/95

In a previous posting, V-X (v...@teleport.com) writes:
> In article <D5trw...@tyrell.net>, thi...@tyrell.net (Timothy Hilton) wrote:
>>What's the deal?? Michael English makes a boo-boo and we hear about it
>>constantly for the next six months. What about Marabeth? Did she do
>>anything except the original sin (no pun intended)? Is she still with
>>First Call? Did she ever ask for forgiveness? Was there any media
>>coverage about her that mentioned Michael's name less than six times?
>>Basically, what was her side of the story after the fact?

Marabeth Jordan suffered a miscarriage (of Michael English's child)
shortly after news of their relationship became public. One might assume
that like any woman who has suffered a miscarriage, she has felt the need
to withdraw for time away. Also, the circumstances surrounding her
miscarriage might also lead to the need for time spent alone. It doesnt
satisfy the public curiosity or the media's demands but please try to
remember now and then that she is a real person with a family she is
trying to hold together. You also might try praying for her at least
twice for every very personal (prying seems more appropriate) posting that
you make.

Marabeth Jordan has removed herself from roles of spiritual
leadership (Lisa Glasgow has replaced her in First Call) and I think it
would be great if she could be left with her family and her church to sort
out her private life. If she choses to re-enter the Christian music
arena, perhaps that might be a more sensitive time to ask for your answers.

--
Lee Whitman
Evergreen Scripture Bookstore

Susan Anderson

Mar 25, 1995, 1:39:18 PM3/25/95
bj...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Lee Whitman) writes:
>Marabeth Jordan has removed herself from roles of spiritual
>leadership (Lisa Glasgow has replaced her in First Call) and I think it
>would be great if she could be left with her family and her church to sort
>out her private life. If she choses to re-enter the Christian music
>arena, perhaps that might be a more sensitive time to ask for your answers.

Marabeth seems to have gone back to her earlier status in Christian
music as a background vocals singer. I don't know how much she has done,
but I know of at least one song on a recently released album where she
sings some background vocals. I personally am glad that she has started
to make her way back.

>--
>Lee Whitman
>Evergreen Scripture Bookstore
>Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
>Arise, Shine, your light has come [Is 60:1]

Susan Anderson

Jared Wiernicki

Jan 31, 2021, 1:22:39 AM1/31/21
On Friday, March 24, 1995 at 1:19:51 AM UTC-5, BretTEE wrote:
> Why don't you all air some of your "own" stories.......or maybe read your
> Bible and stop the soap opera mentallity!
Oh. Shall oil!! U said it!! Sorry for the 26 year delay