Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

MOBY's EMAIL ADDRESS

442 просмотра

Yingchi Chen

не прочитано,
3 мар. 1995 г., 13:56:1903.03.1995
Holly M. Edington (hedingt@comp) wrote:

: i know Moby's Email Address, i have written him, and he writes back
: everytime i write him. no kidding. i am afraid though that if i post
: his address that he will receive a deluge of email. so what i will do is
: ask him first, and if he says "yes you may post my email address" i
: will. so be on the lookout for it. i still am on the search for some
: christian techno if anyone finds any...

For good Christian techno, you can't do any better than The Prodigal Sons or
Dance House Children(now know as Joy Electric). Both are excellent choices.

Jason

Holly M. Edington

не прочитано,
3 мар. 1995 г., 02:06:4603.03.1995

Cathy Nieng

не прочитано,
3 мар. 1995 г., 03:26:3803.03.1995

I tried e-mailing you, but it bounced! So I'll just ask here...
Is it possible if we e-mailed you directly you could give
Moby's e-mail address to the people who asked you? That way it
won't be public, and we'll all be happy. :) Besides, I don't
think that many people on this newsgroup would want to e-mail
Moby anyway...

Thanks.

O O O | ___ _ _
O O O | / __| \| |
O O O | | (__| .` | cathy nieng
O Yes, they'llO know we are Christians | \___|_|\_|
O O O by the fish on our cars.| cya...@uiuc.edu
O O O | cya...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu
O O O |

V-X

не прочитано,
2 мар. 1995 г., 18:26:5702.03.1995
In article <3j6jru$e...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> cni...@dcl-nxt50.cso.uiuc.edu (Cathy Nieng) writes:

> I tried e-mailing you, but it bounced! So I'll just ask here...
> Is it possible if we e-mailed you directly you could give
> Moby's e-mail address to the people who asked you? That way it
> won't be public, and we'll all be happy. :) Besides, I don't
> think that many people on this newsgroup would want to e-mail
> Moby anyway...

Is this that DJ who's Melville's great-grandson or whatever? I'd be into
that...

V-X can draw like nobody's business. Resume and examples awailable at
http://www.teleport.com/~vx
Home of the Unofficial WWW/FTP Jack Chick Archive!
Stupid Internet...

Cathy Nieng

не прочитано,
3 мар. 1995 г., 13:56:3203.03.1995
v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:

>Is this that DJ who's Melville's great-grandson or whatever? I'd be into
>that...

Yup, Moby (Richard Melville Hall) is Herman Melville's great great
grand nephew.

V-X

не прочитано,
6 мар. 1995 г., 21:12:3106.03.1995
In article <3jgg38$8...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> pb...@ibm.net writes:

> Dance House Children - sort of funky whispery guy voice
> - good WOOM WHOOM WHOOM bass

I bought their first tape in a remainder bin for like two bucks, and I threw
it out later. I thought it was pretty weak.

> Jyradelix - only made one recording - it's a must have
> - good spazy jump around hystericaly stuff

Is this any good?

V-X can draw like nobody's business. Resume and examples available at

Cathy Nieng

не прочитано,
7 мар. 1995 г., 17:39:5707.03.1995
v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:

>> Dance House Children - sort of funky whispery guy voice
>> - good WOOM WHOOM WHOOM bass
>I bought their first tape in a remainder bin for like two bucks, and I threw
>it out later. I thought it was pretty weak.

I agree. I thought the 2 DHC albums and Rainbow Rider were very
bland and repetitive. And that song "Sea Breeze" is more irrita-
ting than fingernails scraping a chalkboard!

>> Jyradelix - only made one recording - it's a must have
>> - good spazy jump around hystericaly stuff

>Is this any good?

Sure is. Fast, hard stuff with "whoom whoom whoom" bass and
crunching guitars in places. Jyro and Jerome of the late great
Mortal worked on this album.

To the original poster Holly/Dave: I posted a list of Christian
techno/dance stuff, if you wanted some recommendations.

pb...@ibm.net

не прочитано,
6 мар. 1995 г., 21:23:3606.03.1995
In <Pine.SOL.3.91.950303010351.1432A-100000@comp>, "Holly M. Edington" <hedingt@comp> writes:

>i still am on the search for some
>christian techno if anyone finds any...

Well, I've been away from the Christian music scene since CCM labels cannot
seem to get their stuff into normal record stores (even HMV and Tower here
in Boston have nothing), but here are some that I know of...

Dance House Children - sort of funky whispery guy voice
- good WOOM WHOOM WHOOM bass

Jyradelix - only made one recording - it's a must have

- good spazy jump around hystericaly stuff

short list isn't it...

oh well,
phil
pb...@ibm.net

MAD KITTY WITH CHAINSAW!

не прочитано,
7 мар. 1995 г., 19:31:4407.03.1995
jv...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU writes:
> cni...@dcl-nxt50.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> > >I bought their first tape in a remainder bin for like two bucks, and I threw
> > >it out later. I thought it was pretty weak.
> >
> > I agree. I thought the 2 DHC albums and Rainbow Rider were very
> > bland and repetitive. And that song "Sea Breeze" is more irrita-
> > ting than fingernails scraping a chalkboard!
>
> Hmm...I like that song. Different strokes for different folks,
> I guess.

Guess I should add that fingernails on a chalkboard has never
really bothered me that much either. :)

Jeff
--
jeff parks | university of virginia | jv...@darwin.clas.virginia.edu | SALMON!
\ in a world of nothing you found nothing believe in nothing obviously you /

MAD KITTY WITH CHAINSAW!

не прочитано,
7 мар. 1995 г., 19:24:5907.03.1995
cni...@dcl-nxt50.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:
>
> >> Dance House Children - sort of funky whispery guy voice
> >> - good WOOM WHOOM WHOOM bass
> >I bought their first tape in a remainder bin for like two bucks, and I threw
> >it out later. I thought it was pretty weak.
>
> I agree. I thought the 2 DHC albums and Rainbow Rider were very
> bland and repetitive. And that song "Sea Breeze" is more irrita-
> ting than fingernails scraping a chalkboard!

Hmm...I like that song. Different strokes for different folks,
I guess.

> O O O | ___ _ _
> O O O | / __| \| |
> O O O | | (__| .` | cathy nieng
> O Yes, they'llO know we are Christians | \___|_|\_|
> O O O by the fish on our cars.| cya...@uiuc.edu
> O O O | cya...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu
> O O O |

V-X

не прочитано,
7 мар. 1995 г., 18:55:2907.03.1995
In article <3jinbt$8...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> cni...@dcl-nxt50.cso.uiuc.edu (Cathy Nieng) writes:
>v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:

>>> Dance House Children - sort of funky whispery guy voice
>>> - good WOOM WHOOM WHOOM bass
>>I bought their first tape in a remainder bin for like two bucks, and I threw
>>it out later. I thought it was pretty weak.

> I agree. I thought the 2 DHC albums and Rainbow Rider were very
> bland and repetitive. And that song "Sea Breeze" is more irrita-
> ting than fingernails scraping a chalkboard!

Hey, Cathy--it just occurred to me--you're the big techno babe, and this has
been bugging me for a while...

Forgive me if this one was a little too poppy, but I heard it a million times
last year and it got in my head. Do you know who does that thing with all the
samples from _The Running Man?_ ("It's time to start...RUNNING...")

Just thought I'd see.

cni...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu

не прочитано,
8 мар. 1995 г., 14:30:4408.03.1995
v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:

>Hey, Cathy--it just occurred to me--you're the big techno babe,

Ehhh..not quite. I'm more of a synth pop freak; I actually know
practically zip about techno. I just like it.

>Forgive me if this one was a little too poppy, but I heard it a million times
>last year and it got in my head. Do you know who does that thing with all the
>samples from _The Running Man?_ ("It's time to start...RUNNING...")

Don't know this one...what are the other lyrics? (I've never seen The
Running Man so I probably wouldn't remember the samples)

Does anyone else know this one?

cathy nieng
cya...@uiuc.edu
fish on break today

V-X

не прочитано,
8 мар. 1995 г., 20:36:5408.03.1995
In article <3jl0l4$d...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> cni...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu () writes:

>>Forgive me if this one was a little too poppy, but I heard it a million times
>>last year and it got in my head. Do you know who does that thing with all the
>>samples from _The Running Man?_ ("It's time to start...RUNNING...")

> Don't know this one...what are the other lyrics? (I've never seen The
> Running Man so I probably wouldn't remember the samples)

> Does anyone else know this one?

Anthony Davis wrote to me--it's "Temple of Dreams" by Messiah.

Richard C. Mills

не прочитано,
9 мар. 1995 г., 20:10:2009.03.1995
V-X (v...@teleport.com) wrote:
: last year and it got in my head. Do you know who does that thing with all the
: samples from _The Running Man?_ ("It's time to start...RUNNING...")

I believe this was from Temple of Dreams by Messiah. Of course, I could
be wrong (doubtful).

-Rich

__________________________________
///////////////////////////////////|
===================================/| "Where they lead you will follow
||Richard Mills ||/| Well I guess that's just the way it goes
||System Administration ||/| And if you look away
||Harris Controls Division ||/| You'll be doing what they say
||Melbourne Florida ||/| And if you look alive
||(407)242-5324__________________||/| You'll be singled out and tried"
||rmi...@ccd.harris.com//////////||/| -OS
===================================/

Euan Fisk

не прочитано,
9 мар. 1995 г., 21:00:5009.03.1995
In article <vx.3190....@teleport.com>, v...@teleport.com (V-X) writes:

[...]

> Forgive me if this one was a little too poppy, but I heard it a million times
> last year and it got in my head. Do you know who does that thing with all the
> samples from _The Running Man?_ ("It's time to start...RUNNING...")

Appropriately enough [for this newsgroup] the group that does that song is
called _Messiah_ and it is the title track of their album _Temple Of Dreams_.
Hope this helps.

-Euan
fi...@hartwick.edu

Christopher Bradbury

не прочитано,
9 мар. 1995 г., 17:12:0309.03.1995

>> I agree. I thought the 2 DHC albums and Rainbow Rider were very
>> bland and repetitive. And that song "Sea Breeze" is more irrita-
>> ting than fingernails scraping a chalkboard!

this sound promising. too bad it actually doesnt sound like fingers on
a chalkboard- that would be groovy.

there needs to be more noise in the christian music scene.
it's fun- and the parents, they *love it*.
fun for the whole family.
-chris

UM1dBAllen

не прочитано,
14 мар. 1995 г., 12:39:4814.03.1995
Just heard a new record called _Virus_Analog_ I don't know if that's the
name of the band, or the name of the record, but it was cool if you like
ambient house. The new Moby is cool, but very strange. The styles jump
around from Ministry type uberthrash to disco type stuff. Still, when it
comes to Christian techno (or any other techno) Moby is the man.

BTW, the Jyradelix record is wonderful. Wish they'd do another. I hate to
admit this, but I like the Joy Electric record too.
dB / | | \
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| |_____| |
\_______/
_____| |____
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
\ | | | | /
\ /

Tim Westcott

не прочитано,
14 мар. 1995 г., 15:32:0614.03.1995

U> BTW, the Jyradelix record is wonderful. Wish they'd do another. I hate to
U> admit this, but I like the Joy Electric record too.

Me too :) Tho I ain't hatin to admit it ...

Dude, you are in luck!! Regarding Jyradelix, look for 'Mindbender'. Soon to be released from N'soul, it's two of the guys from Jyradelix. SHould be good.

cloudburst
tim.we...@iflex.wimsey.com

MT234

не прочитано,
15 мар. 1995 г., 02:18:2415.03.1995
>_Virus_Analog_ I don't know if that's the
>name of the band, or the name of the record

Actually Virus is the Band and Analog is the album. (available from
N*soul records. You can get a copy of the CD free if you subscribe to
23:4 Magazine. To find out more e-mail me at MT...@aol.com....

>look for 'Mindbender'. Soon to be released from N'soul

From what I understand there have been some delays in the release of that
album. I work close with N*Soul and haven't heard when it will actually
hit. I wouldn't expect for at least a few months.

Michael T., 23:4 Magazine (MT...@aol.com)

nko...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
15 сент. 2016 г., 18:18:5315.09.2016
Hey, I know this is an old post but I really need some help!

First of all, I love Moby. I think his music's great. Irregardless, I'm a student filmmaker and I really want to use one of Moby's songs for my short film about mental health. I really need to get in touch with him!!

Please help!!!

brandons...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
7 июл. 2017 г., 19:28:2407.07.2017
Dude, I first heard of Moby back in the 90's, I think. And I'm compelled to tell Moby I feel like I'm listening to Christian music and I love some of you're songs, namely, the most recent I've heard that's new, "one of these morning"! Love it!! So I just want to praise God with you, brother! It isn't going to be long, either. So, even if you never reply, I'll look for you in the clouds!!

agusm...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
8 сент. 2017 г., 14:24:1008.09.2017
Can you give me the moby email address?

leah.dcf...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
6 янв. 2018 г., 08:57:5906.01.2018
Hi, I was wondering if you are able to send Moby's email address? I would really love to send him a letter :)

margare...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
26 июл. 2018 г., 13:22:2926.07.2018
I would like to write to Moby to ask him to make a version of My Liitle Black Dove by Paul Robeson. Moby has done a version og Motherlesd Child. This and My Little Black Dove are songs that my father sang to me as a child. He's dead now, but I would love to hear the song, but I don't like the Paul Robeson version. I think Moby could make a beautiful version.
Margaret Barton
margare...@gmail.com

janpen...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
12 авг. 2018 г., 12:46:1512.08.2018
Tell him "at His right hand are pleasures forevermore".....

batog.c...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
29 авг. 2018 г., 06:49:1329.08.2018
Hi! I am working on the development of a project that would transform how people cooperate with each other, how they are rewarded, what activity is monetized and valued, and how can we as human beings create tighter communities. My dream is that one day wealth is measured not by the number of US$ in your account, but by the number of lives you touched. When the idea came first in my mind, Moby’s image appeared, too. I would love to share the project with him.

This is a bit silly to expect any results from a 20 year old thread, but I hope for a miracle.

Gaming York

не прочитано,
5 апр. 2021 г., 17:02:4805.04.2021
On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 12:49:13 PM UTC+2, batog.c...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi! I am working on the development of a project that would transform how people cooperate with each other, how they are rewarded, what activity is monetized and valued, and how can we as human beings create tighter communities. My dream is that one day wealth is measured not by the number of US$ in your account, but by the number of lives you touched. When the idea came first in my mind, Moby’s image appeared, too. I would love to share the project with him.
>
> This is a bit silly to expect any results from a 20 year old thread, but I hope for a miracle.
hey all, this thread is over 25 years old, the people probably changed their email adress, im sorry but i dont think its possible to find his email, plus he could be anoyes if so many people would suddenly start mesaging him.

Alexandr

не прочитано,
7 июн. 2023 г., 07:34:4107.06.2023
пятница, 3 марта 1995 г. в 21:56:19 UTC+3, Yingchi Chen:
> Holly M. Edington (hedingt@comp) wrote:
> : i know Moby's Email Address, i have written him, and he writes back
Please give me Moby's adresses.
0 новых сообщений