Re: Song Lyrics

cga...@sgia.org

Dec 23, 2015, 2:30:34 PM12/23/15
On Thursday, July 16, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Richard W. Haines wrote:
> Hope to get some help with some old, old song lyrics. I sang this in
> choir as a kid. The song is called "Sleep, Little Tiny King." All I
> remember is part of the chorus:
>
> Sleep, little tiny King, ?????????????????????????
> Halelujah, the Angels sing. And peace on earth.
> Good will to men.
>
> Anybody? Thanks.
>
> RWH

My father was an Air Force bandleader and the Singing Sergeants performed it back in the 1960s. I remember most of them. Should be fairly close...here goes:

Sleep little tiny king
Gift of God from heaven sent
Alleluia the angels sing
And peace on earth
Good will to men

The night was dark, the air was chill
The place a stable in Beth'lem town
Twas on that night so long ago
The son of God from heav'n came down

Chorus

To that stable from near and far
Bearing gifts and prayers they came
Until they knealt beneath the star
That far and wide his birth proclaimed

Chorus

The night again is dark and chill
We kneel in prayer 'neath the heavens bright
Our hearts inspired with mem'ries still
And the blessings of that holy night

carol g

liber...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 8:25:42 PM11/7/16
On Thursday, July 16, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Richard W. Haines wrote:
> Hope to get some help with some old, old song lyrics. I sang this in
> choir as a kid. The song is called "Sleep, Little Tiny King." All I
> remember is part of the chorus:
>
> Sleep, little tiny King, ?????????????????????????
> Halelujah, the Angels sing. And peace on earth.
> Good will to men.
>
> Anybody? Thanks.
>
> RWH

Gift of God from Heaven Sent.

liber...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 8:26:19 PM11/7/16

susanru...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 8:53:15 PM6/3/18

hir...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2018, 8:12:45 AM12/26/18
Chorus:
Sleep little tiny King
Gift of God from heaven sent
Hallelujah the angels sang
And peace on earth, good will toward men.

This is one my favorite songs. I have a recording of this by the U. S. Air Force Men's Choir.

MaryM...@msn.com

Jul 25, 2020, 4:03:57 AM7/25/20
Regarding the song Sleep Little Tiny King. When I was in high school we did this song as well. I remember it well. I was going to post the lyrics with someone else had already done it.