Mr. Dunn's done

Frank Jakob

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
There's a celtic/irish song with the the story about Mr. Dunn' who is
done, etc...

Anybody know the title? author? lyrics? a web source?

Please advise

Frank Jakob

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99

Linda J

Aug 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/28/99
While it's too early in the morning to recall specifics, I think Tommy
Sands is your man here....he always has the audience join in. You COULD
say, Dunn's fun, but I certainly wouldn't.......

Linda

=======

Mick Pearce

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Frank Jakob wrote in message <37C8959D...@Copper.net>...
>There's a celtic/irish song with the the story about Mr. Dunn' who is
>done, etc...
>
>Anybody know the title? author? lyrics? a web source?

This sounds like the song that Cathal McConnel of the Boys Of The Lough used
to sing. Chorus something like:

There was old Dunn and young Dunn, overdone and underdone
There was...
Young Dunn will be Old Dunn, when the Old Dunn's done.

I don't know it they recorded it or not; try a search for BOL or on the
sources of recorded folk music site, whose URL I haven't got to hand at the
moment.

Mick
--
Check out Herga Folk Club at http://ds.dial.pipex.com/mcp/herga/

Sean Smith

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
In article <7qga08$im2$1...@lure.pipex.net>, "Mick Pearce"

<mickp...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> This sounds like the song that Cathal McConnel of the Boys Of The Lough used
> to sing. Chorus something like:

[snip]

The chorus is (rendered in appropriate Co. Fermanagh accent, if possible):

There was high Dunn and lo Dunn
Over Dunn and under Dunn
All the other Dunns as in and out they run

There was old Dunn and young Dunn

and young Dunn's youngest son
Young Dunn will be a Dunn
when the old Dunn's done

I heard Cathal sing it at a festival held at Foxborough Stadium near
Boston some years ago, and managed to get the words off him. If I can
salvage the right memory cells, I might be able to get the rest of the
lyrics up at some point.

Sean Smith

--
smt...@bcvms.bc.edu