Bright Blue Rose

David Dalton

Jan 16, 2023, 2:08:16 AM1/16/23
Here is some evidence that I am the latest avatar type and have
a global region. However if I am not yet out of my wilderness years,
like Rama returning from 14 years of exile, or Jacob after working
14 years, or Buddha after seven ascetic years, or Amergin after
his seven years (seven tines or seven battles, depending on the
translation), or Fionn tasting the salmon after seven years of
fishing by Finnegas, or Cu Chulainn spending seven years as
guard dog, I expect you will ignore this for now.

Some, including ordained individuals you could relay this to for
confirmation, even as a joke, may be interested in my blue rose
vision of September 6, 1991. For details see my Salmon on the
Thorns webpage at https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/dtales.html .
I suggest starting with the Preliminary remarks section.

Some points related to my blue rose vision:

1. On Christy Moore's recording Voyage there is a song written
by Jimmy MacCarthy entitled Bright Blue Rose with lyrics that
include

"One bright blue rose
Outlives all those
Two thousand years and still it goes,
To ponder his life and his death eternally".

This would seem to indicate that Jesus had a blue rose vision
like mine (perhaps in the Garden of Gethsemane?).

The song has also been covered by Mary Black and Jenny Gear
among others.

2. In his song Santa Fe Thief, Jimmie Dale Gilmore sings

"Oh, the caretaker's daughter,
she lives near the Garden of Eden
She knows the name of each flower,
she remembers which let you in"

3. There is association of Mary and/or Mary Magdalene
with the blue rose, including (for Mary Magdalene)
by the Cathors and Essenes (but Mary is described
as the rose without thorns and is often dressed
in blue).

4. From the gnostic Nag Hammadi Library -- On the Origin of
the World there are the lines "And the first soul (psyche)
loved Eros, who was with her, and poured her blood upon him
and upon the earth. And out of that blood the rose first
sprouted up, out of the earth, out of the thorn bush, to be
a source of joy for the light that was to appear in the bush."

5. Another Christian legend says that when the blood of the
crucified Jesus dripped onto the moss at the foot of the
cross, moss roses were created.

6. My blue rose vision was glowing, at night (pre-dawn) near
the top of my naked thorn hill climb. I relate this to
the "burning that did not consume" (glowing) in the thorn
bush of Moses, who was barefoot (and I suspect naked
like me). The original Jewish sources do say thorn bush
whereas I think the Christian bible omits the word "thorn".

7. The colour of my blue rose vision was between sky
blue and sea blue but closer to sky blue, and I have
observed a similar colour in Muslim hijabs on a few
occasions. I also relate it to the mystic Sufi
blue knot mentioned in Keri Hulme's book The Bone People.

8. A little known fact is that the Rosary derived its name from
the rose hips, which were strung as prayer beads by the monks.
Later rosary beads were made from the fragrant paste of crushed
rose petals.

"And now the angry morning; Gives the early signs of warning; You must face
alone the plans you make; Decisions they will try to break" (S. McLachlan)