Re: Where can I find French Canadian one row Accordion lessons?

David Dalton

Mar 11, 2021, 11:46:06 PM3/11/21
On Mar 12, 2021, Dylan Montgomery wrote on rec.music.makers.squeezebox
(in article<cff46681-8966-404c...@googlegroups.com>):

> So I am very curious about the French Canadian one row diatonic accordion. I
> think they are similar to Cajun accordions but are tuned in D. Is there any
> online self teaching courses? Does anyone know about where to find resources
> about this? I love the music and would love to learn to play it.

The Newfoundland accordion is the same I think, and there
is some similarity in the tunes, so this book might be of some
use:

https://www.reidmusic.com/products/kelly-russell-button-box

I’ve crossposted this to some related groups, but have set
Followup-To back to rec.music.makers.squeezebox

"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn’t blind me
I will walk into the fire until its heat doesn’t burn me" (S. McLachlan)