Google Groups จะไม่รองรับโพสต์หรือการสมัครสมาชิก Usenet ใหม่อีกต่อไป โดยคุณจะยังคงดูเนื้อหาเดิมได้อยู่

'Theme' song for tv show ???

ยอดดู 1,912 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Rick Paulos

ยังไม่อ่าน,
24 ก.พ. 2536 18:15:3724/2/36
ถึง

I am trying to find the name of the song and recording artist for the music
played during the intro and closing credits for a cable tv show titled
"Secret Life of Machines" shown on The Discovery Channel.
The show is a British production staring Tim Garrod & Rex Hunkin.
My brother says the song is Take Five but not recorded by David Brubeck.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Rick
rpa...@pmeh-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu

Jeff Miller

ยังไม่อ่าน,
24 ก.พ. 2536 20:07:1024/2/36
ถึง
Rick Paulos (rpa...@pmeh-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu) wrote:

: I am trying to find the name of the song and recording artist for the music

: played during the intro and closing credits for a cable tv show titled
: "Secret Life of Machines" shown on The Discovery Channel.
: The show is a British production staring Tim Garrod & Rex Hunkin.
: My brother says the song is Take Five but not recorded by David Brubeck.

I am indeed looking for the same song! It _is_ Take Five, but played in
4, reggae style.

Please post the answer.
| |
| jmi...@terra.colostate.edu | Jeff Miller | TERRA Lab Systems Admin. |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

That Crazy Lady!

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 ก.พ. 2536 05:19:3225/2/36
ถึง

Yes, CLASSIC tune! A Dave Brubeck composition entitled "Take 5",
early 60's (60/61)

Michelle
--
Out of the fire and still smouldering,
she says, "A woman must have everything" -J. Mitchell

Glenn W. Lea

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 ก.พ. 2536 07:49:1925/2/36
ถึง
Jeff Miller (jmi...@yuma.acns.colostate.edu.edu) wrote:
: Rick Paulos (rpa...@pmeh-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu) wrote:

: : I am trying to find the name of the song and recording artist for the music
: : played during the intro and closing credits for a cable tv show titled
: : "Secret Life of Machines" shown on The Discovery Channel.
: : The show is a British production staring Tim Garrod & Rex Hunkin.
: : My brother says the song is Take Five but not recorded by David Brubeck.

: I am indeed looking for the same song! It _is_ Take Five, but played in
: 4, reggae style.

: Please post the answer.

I have a copy of this, but don't remember the title or artist. I know
it's on a collection called "Rebel Music" on Trojan. I'll post when I
look it up.

--
Glenn Lea

Gidi Avrahami

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 ก.พ. 2536 11:24:3625/2/36
ถึง
g...@sunburn.genrad.com (Glenn W. Lea) writes:
>: I am indeed looking for the same song! It _is_ Take Five, but played in
>: 4, reggae style.
>
>I have a copy of this, but don't remember the title or artist. I know
>it's on a collection called "Rebel Music" on Trojan.

If we're talking about a ska treatment of "Take Five", ca. 1967, then
it's by Val Bennett, and the song is titled "The Russians Are Coming".

(Maybe because the original "Take Five" was on the soundtrack of the
movie? I don't really remember.)

However, I never saw the TV show in question so I don't know if
they're really the same.

--Gidi

Bruce Tesar

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 ก.พ. 2536 11:28:3125/2/36
ถึง
In article <1993Feb25....@nic.csu.net> tma...@opus.uucp (That Crazy Lady!) writes:
>In article <rpau...@pmeh-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu> rpa...@pmeh-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu (Rick Paulos) writes:
>>
>>I am trying to find the name of the song and recording artist for the music
>>played during the intro and closing credits for a cable tv show titled
>>"Secret Life of Machines" shown on The Discovery Channel.
>>The show is a British production staring Tim Garrod & Rex Hunkin.
>>My brother says the song is Take Five but not recorded by David Brubeck.
>>

>Yes, CLASSIC tune! A Dave Brubeck composition entitled "Take 5",
>early 60's (60/61)

Once again, Brubeck is given credit for Paul Desmond's "Take Five."
(Easy enough mistake to make, I suppose, but poor Paul! :-)

Bruce
--
Bruce B. Tesar Internet: te...@cs.colorado.edu
Computer Science Department

kevin walker

ยังไม่อ่าน,
19 ม.ค. 2566 15:26:2519/1/66
ถึง
HA! I had the name of the song and was trying to find the name of the show! It's Take Five by The Dave Brubeck Quartet btw, and thanks for providing me the name of the show!
ข้อความใหม่ 0 รายการ