Jazz Music Recommendations

Searcher7

Mar 10, 2008, 1:00:30 AM3/10/08
I've never been an avid listener of Jazz, but at least 12-15 years ago
there was smooth Jazz instrumental that I would occasionally come
across on the radio.

I never heard the name of it mentioned, and it still bugs me today. I
assumed that at the time it was relatively popular, but have no idea
how to go about finding out who the artist/s was.

Nevertheless, I've been listening more to soft music in general.(Like
Sade), and would like to get more into Jazz and Blues to see what I've
been missing. And knowing nothing about these forms of music or
intruments in general I was wondering if I could get recommendations
on Artist/Albums that I might check into.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Darren Harris

Feb 22, 2021, 3:09:57 PM2/22/21
Well, here I am 13 years later and I still don't know the name of the instrumental I was looking for.

The last time I heard it was on a program call the Quiet Storm around the early to mid 90s, but it may have been ou a few years by that time. It had an upbeat tempo similar to "Take the A Train".(At least the first part of it right after Duke Ellington's Piano intro).

Any ideas about what artists to look for?

Tony Mountifield

Feb 23, 2021, 6:02:42 AM2/23/21
In article <10ecf71b-07cb-4018...@googlegroups.com>,
Wow, the first post I've seen in this group for a long time!

You could try checking out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_quiet_storm_songs

Or even see if it is still played on https://www.accuradio.com/channel/quiet-storm/3799/

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: to...@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk

Darren Harris

Feb 28, 2021, 11:39:43 PM2/28/21
The first link won't help because I don't know the name of the instrumental. (I guess I wouldn't be here if I did). :-) So I guess I'll have to try and listen to the second link for a while.

Knowing nothing about instruments, the dominant instrument in the piece I'm searching for seems to be something like the Euphonium or Trombone which creates the rhythm. (Then the Saxophone kicks in). No percussion or piano that I can remember.

If I find it at Accuradio I'll post back. I'm sure it must be on there some place.