Info: records by Ch. LLOYD and James B. ULMER ?

1 view

Robert Stubenrauch

Jun 13, 1994, 6:25:02 AM6/13/94
In a German jazz lexicon (rororo) I found 2 recordings mentioned which I have
never heard about before, though I thought I'm well-informed about the
musicians in question. The records are:

Charles LLOYD "Big Sur Tapestry" (1980)
James Blood ULMER "Got something good for you" (1985)

Can anybody give any further information or comments on these records? Thanks
in advance.
Robert Stubenrauch
Graz University of Technology, Austria
rstu...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at

Ronald F. Roberts

Jun 13, 1994, 8:41:31 AM6/13/94
In article <rstubenr.4...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>,

Here's the info on Charles Lloyd's BIG SUR TAPESTRY. Don't have any
particular recollection now; I'd have to give it another listen.

Lloyd, Charles Pacific Arts PAC7-139 (LP)
Title: Big Sur Tapestry
Recorded: 1979 at (a) Brother Studios, CA, [1-4], (b) Brian Wilson's Home
Studio, CA, [5]
Released: 1979
With: Charles Lloyd (leader), C flute (on 1-4), Chinese oboe (on 1-4), alto
flute (on 5)
Georgia Kelly, harp (on 1-4)
Contents: 1) Partington Cove ( 07:15)
2) Partington Point ( 07:19)
3) Hill Of The Hawk ( 07:10)
4) Home ( 03:22)
5) Homage To The Universe ( 29:34)
Total: ( 54:40)

--
Ron Roberts "I wish [bebop] had been given a name more
r...@pruxp.pr.att.com in keeping with the seriousness of purpose."

Thomas Ford Brown

Jun 13, 1994, 5:44:57 PM6/13/94

In article <CrC5...@nntpa.cb.att.com> r...@pruxp.pr.att.com (Ronald F. Roberts) writes:
>>Charles LLOYD "Big Sur Tapestry" (1980)
>
>Here's the info on Charles Lloyd's BIG SUR TAPESTRY. Don't have any
>particular recollection now; I'd have to give it another listen.
>
>Lloyd, Charles Pacific Arts PAC7-139 (LP)
>Title: Big Sur Tapestry
>Recorded: 1979 at (a) Brother Studios, CA, [1-4], (b) Brian Wilson's Home
> Studio, CA, [5]
>Released: 1979
>With: Charles Lloyd (leader), C flute (on 1-4), Chinese oboe (on 1-4), alto
> flute (on 5)
> Georgia Kelly, harp (on 1-4)

I've caught Georgia live a few times. She works
in a new age bag, does folk tunes. She's good.