Yoko Ono singing.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 2:37:28 AM2/21/11

Ok. Anyone here like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1

This is from a live concert in Toronto. That poor audience.

marcuscp

Feb 21, 2011, 2:55:25 AM2/21/11

If you play it backwards I'm sure you can hear her sing "Praise be
Allah" and "Death to the Jews". I can't hear it but I'm sure you could.

Chick Pease

Feb 21, 2011, 2:57:10 AM2/21/11

She hears that forwards.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 2:59:55 AM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 2:55 am, marcuscp <phelanmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why would I buy a YO record to hear that.
/
/
/
/
/
We have you.

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 3:39:39 AM2/21/11

interesting, thanks.
do you have a link to an unedited version of it?

who?

Feb 21, 2011, 3:48:26 AM2/21/11

I don't lookup or click on things I dislike. Sorry. I
don't understand why you do?????

Chick Pease

Feb 21, 2011, 3:50:54 AM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 3:48 am, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I don't lookup or click on things I dislike. Sorry. I
> don't understand why you do?????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 7:23:53 AM2/21/11

Bravo!! Great response. It is a shame marcuscp just can't seem to
change HIS tune to one of peace and understanding.

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 7:28:24 AM2/21/11

this is quite terrible and unfortunate. Such screeching might be
useful as part of a movie sound backdrop such as when zombie
monsters are attacking some people and you need vicioius screams in
the background or something. What can I say--John was lost in love.

marcuscp

Feb 21, 2011, 8:14:51 AM2/21/11

Did you know that "It's So Hard" was originally titled "It's Jihad"

You gotta kill, the infidels,
you gotta protect your oil wells,
But It's so hard, yes it's really hard
Sometimes I need my Sharia.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 11:45:00 AM2/21/11

No, I don't. There may be one out there, but I don't have it.

I do have the Live Peace in Toranto album and a movie of the
performance. Perhaps t he full version is on there, but it's not
something I listen to.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 11:46:04 AM2/21/11

John was also a heroin addict at the time.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 11:45:23 AM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 3:48 am, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It's good for a larf. Besides, someone else may like it.

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 12:00:22 PM2/21/11

You'd never guess this cunt is 54 years old, would you?

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 12:28:45 PM2/21/11

ok. I understand. I'd really like to watch an original version of it
than this edited video made in Windows Movie Maker.
Thanks anyway.

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 12:46:34 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 12:28 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok. I understand. I'd really like to watch an original version of it
> than this edited video made in Windows Movie Maker.
> Thanks anyway.

Well, that was definitely edited with a machete. That piece, "John
John (Let's Hope for Peace)" was over 12 minutes long at the concert,
so the uploader was taking some liberties in order to portay the
performance in the worst possible light -- which, of course, is why
Fatass posted it.

"Gee, there's a person I really hate; I hate her so much, I go on
YouTube searches for her work and post links to it in newsgroups." If
that isn't mental illness, I don't know what is.

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 1:25:33 PM2/21/11

i agree. i was hoping to get a good youtube link of it, but hell,
there's only a wmm video.
the funny thing, i think, is that everybody who hate yoko's screams
seems to think that Yoko in the attempt to sing a nice melody she gets
this kind of irritating screaming sounds.

however, as Fattuchus said "Besides, someone else may like it. "
i like it, i love it!
so.. i guess, it's just a matter of taste.

p.d. my mother hates Yoko's screams, my sister laughed of it and my
niece is dancing to the rhyhm (matter of taste again)

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 1:30:28 PM2/21/11

so?
oh, i see, heroin makes you deaf so lennon didn't know what yoko was
singing and also he didn't know what he was doing at all.
i remember another junkie, Layne Staley when he recorded the mtv
unplugged, poor guy, he was deaf too, he couldn't sing at all.

Fattuchus

Feb 21, 2011, 1:30:38 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 1:25 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i agree. i was hoping to get a good youtube link of it, but hell,
> there's only a wmm video.
> the funny thing, i think, is that everybody who hate yoko's screams
> seems to think that Yoko in the attempt to sing a nice melody she gets
> this kind of irritating screaming sounds.
>
> however, as Fattuchus said "Besides, someone else may like it. "
> i like it, i love it!
> so.. i guess, it's just a matter of taste.
>
> p.d. my mother hates Yoko's screams, my sister laughed of it and my
> niece is dancing to the rhyhm (matter of taste again)

If you really like this performance (I don't), you may wish to buy the
Live Peace in Toronto CD, if you can find it.

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 1:33:40 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 1:30 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh, i see, heroin makes you deaf so lennon didn't know what yoko was
> singing and also he didn't know what he was doing at all.

Ever heard of Billie Holiday?

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 1:34:02 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 1:30 pm, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you really like this performance (I don't)

Then why did you post it?

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 1:43:52 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 1:25 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i agree. i was hoping to get a good youtube link of it, but hell,
> there's only a wmm video.

The closest thing I've found to a full performance is on a Chinese
video hosting site that had the first 20:00 of the set -- cutting off
after "Give Peace A Chance" and omitting "Don't Worry Kyoko" and "John
John".

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgxMjY0MDQ=.html

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 2:48:31 PM2/21/11

yes. she was deaf too because of heroin, another junkie who couldn't
sing at all.
what about those marijuana addicts? like bob marley or even bob
dylan.. two bobs wasted for this bad habits.
what a simplistic thing to say "he was an adict" without giving a
context or the reason why you're saying that.

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 3:57:10 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 2:48 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what a simplistic thing to say "he was an adict" without giving a
> context or the reason why you're saying that.

I didn't say it. Fattuchus did.

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 4:14:30 PM2/21/11

i know.

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 4:15:35 PM2/21/11

OK then.

who?

Feb 21, 2011, 4:24:43 PM2/21/11

Okay, I admitted I cheated and watched to see what the fuss
was all about. I remember now the full length version I saw
about 2 years ago. Just type in something like "John live
peace in Toronto" and you should see the full length version.
Problem is, I don't remember where it is ((The Yoko part)
cause I haven't
owned the album in over 40 years. Maybe someone else
has the answer? (Oooops, I meant to say this is in Youtube)

who?

Feb 21, 2011, 4:26:41 PM2/21/11

I'm sure the full performance is in Youtube.

bessie

Feb 21, 2011, 5:43:23 PM2/21/11

Like fatts and her peace and love towards YO??

You are one dumb ass

bessie

Feb 21, 2011, 5:44:48 PM2/21/11

No you are a mega cunt

King Size Johnson

Feb 21, 2011, 5:46:02 PM2/21/11

And that's from a woman, too.

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 7:40:15 PM2/21/11

well what can we say about his judgement then? Addicted to heroin,
addicted to Yoko......And who suggested to him he try heroin?

Chick Pease

Feb 21, 2011, 7:51:04 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 7:40 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well what  can we say about his judgement then?

Who gave you the right to judge?

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 7:58:22 PM2/21/11

and not "Let's Eat Lard?" :)

I know you are trying to be either funny or annoying or both. You
know under strict Sharia, all forms of music....singing, instruments,
etc would be banned right? So a purist Muslim would not really
sing...about anything!! Also musicians whether professional or not
would not be allowed to play, and certainly not in a public venue. It
is very sad but very true.
Onto a happier subject. I went to your website www.beatels.com (hope
I typed that correctly) and I opened under videos Savoy Truffle
and You Know My Name.
I really really enjoyed your version of Savoy Truffle!!! Most
excellent work!! Each note of that guitar was so crisp and exact, and
your singing was very fine.
I also enjoyed very much that famously silly Beatles song You Know My
Name--you all did a very fine job there with that song. It made me
smile from ear to ear! The way it was done, I realized that my own
efforts to guess which Beatle did which voice was accurate.
I know you posted a video at the Egypt thread (the one that must be
300 posts by now) and this morning I was in a bit of a rush so I did
not have a chance to really listen to it--apologies.
I think it was a tribute to George and I will try to listen to it
perhaps later tonight when I have a bit more time.
Thank you for sharing the Beatles music with us!!

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 8:02:16 PM2/21/11
On Feb 21, 5:44 pm, bessie <bessiejunej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You must be talking from personal experience of your own anatomy--is
the name still Six Nipples? How many calves have you birthed? :)

topaz

Feb 21, 2011, 8:05:41 PM2/21/11
> You are one dumb ass- Hide quoted text -

And you are not one of the happy cows from California. :)

ermitano

Feb 21, 2011, 8:19:29 PM2/21/11
> addicted to Yoko......And who  suggested to him he try heroin?- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Aunt Mimi??

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 1:00:23 AM2/22/11
On Feb 21, 1:30 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> unplugged, poor guy, he was deaf too, he couldn't sing at all.- Hide quoted text -

My point is that drug use clouded his good judgment. Further, by
being an addict and having a personality that tended toward addiction,
John had a psychological dependency on Yoko. He was a feak and weeble
man at times.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 1:04:07 AM2/22/11
On Feb 21, 5:44 pm, bessie <bessiejunej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Are you "bi"? Just curious, Kate.
You have a fascination with female parts.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 1:05:45 AM2/22/11
> Aunt Mimi??- Hide quoted text -

Yoko encouraged him.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 1:07:44 AM2/22/11
On Feb 21, 5:44 pm, bessie <bessiejunej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

If you get annoyed with a customer, is that what you say?

ermitano

Feb 22, 2011, 1:25:54 AM2/22/11

Wow, you really know him well, were you both friends or something?

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 5:50:08 AM2/22/11
> Wow, you really know him well, were you both friends or something?- Hide quoted text -

I'm just going by John's own interviews, songs, etc. as well as the
observations of many insiders including Julian, Linda McCartney, Julia
Baird and Yoko.

Frank from Deeeetroit

Feb 22, 2011, 6:25:39 AM2/22/11
On Feb 21, 2:37 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok.  Anyone here like this?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1
>
> This is from a live concert in Toronto.  That poor audience.

If John really wanted peace, he should have sent the Yoke to Viet Nam
to make that noise. All Viet Cong would have killed themselves. That
was disgusting.

Frank

Frank from Deeeetroit

Feb 22, 2011, 6:35:43 AM2/22/11
On Feb 21, 2:37 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok.  Anyone here like this?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1
>
> This is from a live concert in Toronto.  That poor audience.

Comment on the Plastic Ono Band "performance." This was the concert
that a live chicken was thrown on stage during Alice Cooper's set.
Alice threw the chicken back to the audience and they shredded the
poor bird.

http://beatles.ncf.ca/live_peace_in_toronto_p1.html

Frank

ermitano

Feb 22, 2011, 1:18:27 PM2/22/11

oh, you're really a fan, sorry, and you do know him.
i like to stay in the songs area, you know, a nice chord, a beautiful
harmony, good lyrics, great solo, etc... cos i think they were just a
band that made it very very big, that's all...

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 2:01:41 PM2/22/11

Hmm . . . . your last sentence sounds familiar. :-)

Unlike many of other people here, I am not a musician. I like the
Beatles music, but I can't discuss it technically.

But I am pretty well read as far as Lennon interviews, bios, etc. and
as far as statements from people who knew John. Julian said that when
he was under Yoko's influence, he was a "manipulated lost soul."
Linda McC. said in the 1982 Playboy interview given by Paul and Linda
that John lost himself. (I can't think of the exact words). Bill
Harry and Julia Baird essentially said John had a mommy complex and
Yoko was his mother figure. Pete Shotton in his interesting book
"John Lennon: In My Life" talked about how John's personality would
change when he was around Yoko. Shotton commented that John wanted to
be dominated.

Fred Seaman and May Pang give further examples of Yoko's influence
over John.

If you read enough interviews and bios, it's pretty obvious.

ermitano

Feb 22, 2011, 2:19:15 PM2/22/11
> If you read enough interviews and bios, it's pretty obvious.- Ocultar texto de la cita -

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

yes, sure.. and how many men have this "problem"?
how many men have this "problem" when they really fall in love?
how many men really fall in love?

oooo... what a freak lennon was, what a witch yoko was.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 2:25:54 PM2/22/11

I am not saying John was a freak. But he certainly had emotional
issues. He'd be the first to say so. Arthur Janov, who is a
professional, described him as one of the most damaged patients he
ever treated.

what a witch yoko was.-

Hey, whatever you say.

ermitano

Feb 22, 2011, 2:49:24 PM2/22/11
> Hey, whatever you say.- Ocultar texto de la cita -

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

haha, of course whatever i say especially the last thing.

i know lennon had issues, problems in his mind, but hell, as everyone
has.
maybe he was really in piece with his mind in the last days of his
life, with his woman and son. this woman who was "the witch", the
mother, dominator, the yoke, whatever.. maybe he really had piece of
mind. i wish i could have that as lennon had.

who?

Feb 22, 2011, 5:21:31 PM2/22/11

A professional doesn't discuss their patients unless they
are losers themselves.

RichL

Feb 22, 2011, 9:36:44 PM2/22/11
"Fattuchus" <fatt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Arthur Janov, who is a professional, described him as one of the most
> damaged patients he
> ever treated.

A professional WHAT? If he was/is a psychiatrist or psychologist, then he's
a pretty disgusting one. Ever heard of doctor-patient confidentiality?
What on earth would motivate a person in his position to violate one of the
most fundamental tenets of his profession? A chance for the spotlight?
Money?

Why on earth you'd put any stock in what such a person would say about one
of his patients is beyond me.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 9:39:57 PM2/22/11

I assume you meant to say "maybe he was really AT PEACE IN his
mind . . . . . ."

If you say, "in piece with his mind" . . . . well, that doesn't not
sound good. Sounds like John "went to pieces" or something which is a
way of saying "fell apart."

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 9:44:16 PM2/22/11
On Feb 22, 9:36 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Fattuchus" <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I believe Janov is a psychologist. As far as the doctor/patient
confidentiality rule, I agree with you that this is very important.
However, I do wonder if this rule survives once the patient dies.

I see no reason to doubt that Janov is speaking the truth, but I
understand your dismay that he would talk about John as a patient.
However, as I said, I don't know if doctor/patient confidentiality
continues once John dies. Over the years, Dr. Lynn (???) at St.
Luke's Roosevelt Hospital spoke about John and their rescue efforts
after he died in December 1980.

Fattuchus

Feb 22, 2011, 9:45:11 PM2/22/11

Oops. Meant to say "that does not sound good."

ermitano

Feb 22, 2011, 10:04:38 PM2/22/11
> Oops. Meant to say "that does not sound good."- Ocultar texto de la cita -

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

of course i mean peace, my mistake.. but you could probably assume
what i really wanted to say

King Size Johnson

Feb 23, 2011, 1:11:46 AM2/23/11
On Feb 22, 1:04 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are you "bi"?  Just curious, Kate.

That would make you bi-curious, Gay.

King Size Johnson

Feb 23, 2011, 1:13:57 AM2/23/11
On Feb 22, 1:25 am, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, you really know him well, were you both friends or something?

She flogs his memory daily because she loves him so much.

King Size Johnson

Feb 23, 2011, 1:56:42 AM2/23/11
On Feb 22, 1:00 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My point is that drug use clouded his good judgment.

What's your excuse, then?

ermitano

Feb 23, 2011, 9:40:58 AM2/23/11

how many times do you say or type "Yoko" per day?

King Size Johnson

Feb 23, 2011, 10:15:04 AM2/23/11

Half as many times as she thinks "Yoko".

bessie

Feb 24, 2011, 1:44:18 PM2/24/11

I don;t have customers who are mean spirited assholes like you.

bessie

Feb 24, 2011, 1:43:53 PM2/24/11

You are so clueless

bessie

Feb 24, 2011, 1:43:15 PM2/24/11
On Feb 21, 5:05 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 5:43 pm, bessie <bessiejunej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Bravo!!  Great response.    It is a shame marcuscp just can't seem  to
> > > change HIS tune to one of peace and understanding.
>
> > Like fatts and her peace and love towards YO??
>
> > You are one dumb ass- Hide quoted text -

> And you are not one of the happy cows from California.  :)

FOAD

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 3:14:28 PM2/24/11
On Feb 23, 9:40 am, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how many times do you say or type "Yoko" per day?-

Whatever you see here.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 3:15:40 PM2/24/11
> FOAD-

You really are a vulgar ^($^&.

Whatever you wish on others, I hope your wishes come back to you 10
times.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 3:16:01 PM2/24/11

I fixed your post.

F Parella

Feb 24, 2011, 3:23:55 PM2/24/11
On Feb 21, 2:37 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok.  Anyone here like this?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1
>
> This is from a live concert in Toronto.  That poor audience.

Believe it or not, Yoko's "lead" performance was not the worst part of
that concert. No; the worst part was where Lennon was the headliner,
and Yoko - as soon as she realized how into it the crowd was - started
yelping, shrieking, and howling during *his* songs. (Precisely the
same thing happened when John and Yoko joined Zappa onstage; this,
too, is on Youtube.) One could simply walk out as soon as Yoko took
center stage - which is what many members of that audience did. But
there was genuine anticipation of Lennon's performance, and it might
have been okay (in spite of Lennon's being under-rehearsed and on hard
drugs at the time) without Yoko's miserable intrusion.

F Parella

Feb 24, 2011, 3:26:18 PM2/24/11
On Feb 21, 7:28 am, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2:37 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok.  Anyone here like this?
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1
>
> > This is from a live concert in Toronto.  That poor audience.
>
> this is quite terrible  and unfortunate.   Such screeching might be
> useful as part of a movie sound backdrop such as when   zombie
> monsters are attacking some people and you need vicioius screams in
> the background or something.  What can I say--John was lost in love.

He was heavily drugged as well; that aspect of his tolerance for her
antics cannot be overstated.

Yoko might have made suitable noises for the Exorcist soundtrack.
They wouldn't have had to slaughter pigs (or whatever they did).

F Parella

Feb 24, 2011, 3:29:19 PM2/24/11
On Feb 21, 1:30 pm, ermitano <maikelbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 feb, 13:46, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > this is quite terrible  and unfortunate.   Such screeching might be
> > > useful as part of a movie sound backdrop such as when   zombie
> > > monsters are attacking some people and you need vicioius screams in
> > > the background or something.  What can I say--John was lost in love.
>
> > John was also a heroin addict at the time.
>
> so?
> oh, i see, heroin makes you deaf so lennon didn't know what yoko was
> singing and also he didn't know what he was doing at all.

The problem is, no one said that. I think what Fatt was suggesting
was that Lennon's judgment was impaired by his heroin addiction. Not
a radical suggestion, really, if you've ever known anyone who was
hooked on the drug.

F Parella

Feb 24, 2011, 3:35:17 PM2/24/11
On Feb 22, 9:36 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Fattuchus" <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Arthur Janov, who is a professional, described him as one of the most
> > damaged patients he
> > ever treated.
>
> A professional WHAT?  If he was/is a psychiatrist or psychologist, then he's
> a pretty disgusting one.  Ever heard of doctor-patient confidentiality?
> What on earth would motivate a person in his position to violate one of the
> most fundamental tenets of his profession?  A chance for the spotlight?
> Money?

Anyone who is informed knows that people in Janov's profession are
justified, in cases, in violating doctor-patient confidentiality. See
- as one example - the Tarasoff rulings.

moonpie

Feb 24, 2011, 4:26:54 PM2/24/11

Who knows what he thought. You guys were arguing this when I was here
6 months ago.

He might have been sober and clean and straight as an arrow, and heard
her "vocals" and might have loved them. None of you know what he was
thinking.

He wasnt a normal guy, by any account, therefore, what he liked, might
have a tendency to be "abby normal" so to speak.

moonpie

Feb 24, 2011, 4:28:03 PM2/24/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:26:18 -0800 (PST), F Parella
<f_pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Feb 21, 7:28 am, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 21, 2:37 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Ok.  Anyone here like this?
>>
>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU&NR=1
>>
>> > This is from a live concert in Toronto.  That poor audience.
>>
>> this is quite terrible  and unfortunate.   Such screeching might be
>> useful as part of a movie sound backdrop such as when   zombie
>> monsters are attacking some people and you need vicioius screams in
>> the background or something.  What can I say--John was lost in love.
>
>He was heavily drugged as well; that aspect of his tolerance for her
>antics cannot be overstated.

Again, I totally disagree. He might have been clean and sober and
loved her crazy theatrics. Lennon was apparently quite the rebel.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 5:27:55 PM2/24/11

Haaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa. Now that is funny.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 5:29:35 PM2/24/11
> hooked on the drug.-

Yes, I was suggesting that John's judgement was impaired by heroin and
by being in love. IMO his judgement was also impaired because he had
emotional problems and had a needy, dependent personality. In the
1970's Lennon actually stated that he hoped he died before Yoko
because he could not live without her.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 5:30:36 PM2/24/11
> have a tendency to be "abby normal" so to speak.-

I've read quite a few accounts which indicate that John was a drug
addict at the time of the Toronto show.

Fattuchus

Feb 24, 2011, 5:37:33 PM2/24/11
> loved her crazy theatrics. Lennon was apparently quite the rebel.- Hide quoted text -

IMO John genuinely loved Yoko; however there is no question his
judgment was impaired in a number of ways. John said that nothing was
more important than their relationship, and IMO, he meant it. He was
willing to play the fool; he was willing to hurt his career; he was
willing to do almost anything Yoko asked.

He fell in love and his brains became squishy.

BTW, you may want to read the excellent bio by Philip Norman called
John Lennon: A Life. Much of it is based on interviews with Yoko
herself. In that book, it states that John suggested to Yoko that
they get married. Yoko was not thrilled with the idea. She hesitated,
because she was concerned it might hurt her career. John convinced
her to marry him by telling her, "This will be great. You're a
talented artist and I'm rich."

IMO, that says a lot. John wanted to marry Yoko because he loved her.
And he convinced Yoko to say "yes," not because she was madly in love
with Lennon, but because he assured her that his wealth would help
promote her career.

(BTW, after the Norman book was published Yoko refused to give it her
blessing.)

Yoko's drive to be rich and famous is also evident from May Pang's
book Loving John.

As I've said before, John loved Yoko and Yoko loved Yoko.

rwalker

Feb 24, 2011, 5:59:10 PM2/24/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:26:54 -0500, moonpie <mr_rc_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Who knows what he thought. You guys were arguing this when I was here
>6 months ago.

Oh this goes on endlessly. It's been going on for the nearly 20 years
I've been here. I no longer see most of it. A kill file is a
wonderful thing.

Nil

Feb 24, 2011, 6:13:51 PM2/24/11
On 24 Feb 2011, Fattuchus <fatt...@yahoo.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> In the 1970's Lennon actually stated that he hoped he died before
> Yoko because he could not live without her.

What's wrong with that? I've heard lots of devoted couples express the
same sentiment.

You have a real talent for twisting even the most innocuous things to
try to make them sound ugly. Why do you do that?

topaz

Feb 24, 2011, 8:16:54 PM2/24/11
> I don;t have customers who are mean spirited assholes like you.- Hide quoted text -

Bessie you are just not happy unless you follow Fatts around and throw
insults in her direction. Why not try some kindness yourself if
you claim others are mean spirited?

topaz

Feb 24, 2011, 8:17:49 PM2/24/11
> I fixed your post.- Hide quoted text -

LOLOLOL Good one.

topaz

Feb 24, 2011, 8:21:02 PM2/24/11

Excellent point. I once saw on TV there was a man ( I do not recall
the name) who recorded a gawd-awful scream in a sound studio and that
scream was used in multiple horrow and suspense films.
Yoko's voice could be used for a similar purpose.

RichL

Feb 24, 2011, 9:21:33 PM2/24/11
"F Parella" <f_pa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 22, 9:36 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Fattuchus" <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Arthur Janov, who is a professional, described him as one of the most
>> > damaged patients he
>> > ever treated.
>>
>> A professional WHAT? If he was/is a psychiatrist or psychologist, then
>> he's
>> a pretty disgusting one. Ever heard of doctor-patient confidentiality?
>> What on earth would motivate a person in his position to violate one of
>> the
>> most fundamental tenets of his profession? A chance for the spotlight?
>> Money?
>
> Anyone who is informed knows that people in Janov's profession are
> justified, in cases, in violating doctor-patient confidentiality. See
> - as one example - the Tarasoff rulings.

I don't recall anyone ever claiming that John Lennon's psychological issues
put anyone else in danger.

Do you know of any circumstance involving John that would actually JUSTIFY
his babbling about John's problems like a common gossip?

who?

Feb 24, 2011, 10:09:38 PM2/24/11

I might as well start from the beginning and name things I
dislike...being it's done about Yoko on a daily basis. Way
back when I was 4 years old, (1959) my mother stated
packing my lunches with those old Milky Way candy bars.
I hated the taste of those things but continued to eat them.
Didn't want to hurt my mothers feelings. I tried one of them
about 20 years ago....and they were just as bad. Maybe
my experience could be used for a similar purpose. Yuck!

Fattuchus

Feb 25, 2011, 3:54:11 AM2/25/11

I just finished one 5 minutes ago!

moonpie

Feb 25, 2011, 10:02:13 AM2/25/11

did you read anything I wrote? My point is, so what?

You are repeatedly stating that the only reason he "enjoyed it" or
even "allowed it" is because he was a drug addict.

I disagree, you dont know what he liked, straight or loaded.

moonpie

Feb 25, 2011, 10:05:54 AM2/25/11

She obviously HATES Yoko, for some reason that I cant figure out.

I think she honestly believes that Yoko somehow "ruined" John Lennon
or something like that, and I firmly disbelieve that.

I dont think she, or anybody else "ruined" him. I think he was a rebel
to a degree, did whatever the F he wanted from about 1964 on, and, if
it wasnt Yoko, it probably would have been somebody else.

John didnt exactly settle down with an heiress from St Johns Wood, you
know.

moonpie

Feb 25, 2011, 10:06:58 AM2/25/11
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:37:33 -0800 (PST), Fattuchus
<fatt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Feb 24, 4:28 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:26:18 -0800 (PST), F Parella
>>

>> <f_pare...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >He was heavily drugged as well; that aspect of his tolerance for her
>> >antics cannot be overstated.
>>
>> Again, I totally disagree. He might have been clean and sober and
>> loved her crazy theatrics. Lennon was apparently quite the rebel.- Hide quoted text -

>IMO John genuinely loved Yoko; however there is no question his
>judgment was impaired in a number of ways.

yes theres a question.

I dont know if his judgement was impaired at all.

I'm not sure he would have liked or disliked anything different when
he was drunk or sober, with or without Yoko.

King Size Johnson

Feb 25, 2011, 11:18:06 AM2/25/11

She probably hates them too, and just ate it out of spite.

topaz

Feb 25, 2011, 7:05:13 PM2/25/11
On Feb 25, 3:54 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just finished one 5 minutes ago!- Hide quoted text -

I just had a slice of raspberry (spelling?) cheesecake with a
chocolate crumb crust, better than a Milky Way candy bar and a lot
more expensive but soooo goood.

Jeff

Feb 25, 2011, 7:34:12 PM2/25/11

Oh, please, please tell me you didn't eat a Milky Way.
My day is ruined.

Fattuchus

Feb 26, 2011, 12:02:55 AM2/26/11
> My day is ruined.-

Sorry, Jeff, but I like Milky Way bars. Many people do.

F Parella

Feb 26, 2011, 10:27:01 AM2/26/11
On Feb 24, 9:21 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "F Parella" <f_pare...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I don't accept that as a characterization of Janov's discussions of
Lennon. In everything I've seen, Janov was respectful of Lennon.
(Being respectful of a person does not entail denial of the person's
issues.)

I can think of numerous justifications for Janov's discussion of
Lennon's problems. For one thing, Lennon himself (that is, the
patient) had *already* discussed the therapy on countless occasions -
in interviews, for example - beginning almost immediately after
undergoing it. He had no desire to keep it under wraps. Neither did
Yoko. (BTW, Yoko was heavily involved in the Vh1 program on the
making of PoB, and she let Janov appear in it, recalling exchanges he
had had with Lennon during the therapy.) One could go on, but
hopefully you get the idea.

F Parella

Feb 26, 2011, 10:31:58 AM2/26/11
On Feb 24, 4:28 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You're uninformed. Lennon was very heavily on heroin or methadone at
the time of the performance.

And Lennon was not so totally naive as to how badly Yoko would be
received. Before she took over, he even warned the audience, "Now
Yoko's going to do her thing...all over you." And the next day, when
the duo were interviewed in the media, they both struggled lamely to
put a positive spin on things, with Yoko insisting her performance was
"The kind of thing where nobody else wanted to go on afterwards" -
which was true, actually, though not in the sense she was trying to
imply.

F Parella

Feb 26, 2011, 10:38:03 AM2/26/11
On Feb 24, 4:26 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I think some people in this group need to be careful about projecting
their own naivete, when it comes to Yoko's music and art, onto
Lennon. By the time of the performance under consideration, Lennon
had already been collaborating with Ono for years. He had also had
immense success with the Beatles. He knew the difference between good
and bad music, in spite of his willingness to publicly support the
latter when it came to Yoko.

There are numerous accounts, from the people who worked with Lennon,
of him privately fuming over having (he believed) to support Yoko's
stuff. E.g., May Pang says Lennon once ranted to her about how sick
and tired he was of sinking money into Ono albums that "nobody will
buy." Fred Seaman says Lennon privately chided her, during the making
of DF, with: "Don't kid yourself, mother. Your stuff needs a *lot*
of work." There are many other such examples.

F Parella

Feb 26, 2011, 10:39:37 AM2/26/11

Yeah, that had become a veritable theme in Lennon's interviews. He
actually started to say that he hoped he would die before Ono as early
as 1969.

F Parella

Feb 26, 2011, 10:41:40 AM2/26/11
On Feb 24, 6:13 pm, Nil <redno...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2011, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> rec.music.beatles:
>
> > In the 1970's Lennon actually stated that he hoped he died before
> > Yoko because he could not live without her.
>
> What's wrong with that? I've heard lots of devoted couples express the
> same sentiment.

Lennon was in his 20s and in the prime of his life when he started
saying that, so, no, I do not consider it normal. In fact, I find it
immensely weird that he would say he would not be able to live without
Ono. He had done pretty well for himself *prior* to meeting her.
Just my opinion, of course.

Fattuchus

Feb 26, 2011, 7:58:21 PM2/26/11
On Feb 26, 10:38 am, F Parella <f_pare...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think some people in this group need to be careful about projecting
> their own naivete, when it comes to Yoko's music and art, onto
> Lennon.  By the time of the performance under consideration, Lennon
> had already been collaborating with Ono for years.  He had also had
> immense success with the Beatles.  He knew the difference between good
> and bad music, in spite of his willingness to publicly support the
> latter when it came to Yoko.
>
> There are numerous accounts, from the people who worked with Lennon,
> of him privately fuming over having (he believed) to support Yoko's
> stuff.  E.g., May Pang says Lennon once ranted to her about how sick
> and tired he was of sinking money into Ono albums that "nobody will
> buy."  Fred Seaman says Lennon privately chided her, during the making
> of DF, with:  "Don't kid yourself, mother.  Your stuff needs a *lot*

> of work."  There are many other such examples.-

IMO, John was deeply in love with Yoko. I believe his love was the
purest form. I also believe he had a needy, dependent personality.

John knew that Yoko's dream in life was to be a successful, acclaimed
artist, and he wanted to make her happy. Her personal happiness was
more important to him than his own. Thus, he was willing to "play the
fool" in public, and put up with her horrid singing, music, etc. and
constantly promoted her in the hopes she would be successful on her
own.

Toward the end of his life, John was hopeful that if Yoko became a
recognized star in her own right, John would then be able to go out on
his own or work with "the boys" whatever that meant. He never lived
to see it.

Fattuchus

Feb 26, 2011, 7:59:13 PM2/26/11

> as 1969.-

He got his wish.

Fattuchus

Feb 26, 2011, 8:00:36 PM2/26/11

I think it was an over the top thing to say. The other thing that is
so sad, is IMO, John really meant it. He wasn't just being flowery
and romantic. John really saw himself as an undeserving person, an
inept dummy who needed his mommy to take care of him.

It is loading more messages.