RIP Mikhail Gorbachev

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Sep 5, 2022, 1:33:22 PMSep 5
I know it was several days ago.

But it was Gorbachev who started 'Glasnost', and it was during this time that Beatles records became available to people in the Soviet Union.

cuppajoe2go

Sep 5, 2022, 2:35:17 PMSep 5
On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 10:33:22 AM UTC-7, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I know it was several days ago.
>
> But it was Gorbachev who started 'Glasnost', and it was during this time that Beatles records became available to people in the Soviet Union.

More than somewhat related, I've often wondered what the real conversation between Paul and Vladimir was like when Paul visited and played in Russia...assuming it was more than "I know you," "Yeah? Well, I know you too."

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Sep 6, 2022, 9:24:40 AMSep 6
Supposedly, Macca asked Putin if he had been a Beatles fan in his youth, and Putin said 'The music was very popular, like a breath of fresh air, a window into the outside world'..

That didn't really answer Paul's question, did it? They can't be too buddy-buddy. Macca has been displaying the Ukrainian flag at his recent shows.

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Sep 6, 2022, 9:32:34 AMSep 6
On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 2:35:17 PM UTC-4, cuppajoe2go wrote:
Hmm, and from a bit of online research it seems that Putin sent ghe press and even the translators away. Macca says Putin speaks good English (no surprise IMO) and they had an intimate conversation.

Hey, Putin has seduced two US presidents, a pop should have been easy.