Ringo Tour?

Rezzident

Mar 24, 1995, 10:05:17 AM3/24/95
Does anyone have a schedule of the upcoming Ringo tour. The tour itself
may just be a rumour, but if not.......

David Jeffrey Coyle

Mar 24, 1995, 12:58:20 PM3/24/95
I'll never forgive myself for going to see Bob Hope at the Ohio State Fair in
1991 (?) when Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band played there the same week and
I didn't go. Bob Hope just made cheap shots at Democrats all night because Ohio
had just got its first Republican governor in quite a few years.

In fact that was probably the only reason Hope even played there that year.

Was this the same year from which the All-Starr Band CD is taken?

--
|| DAVID J. COYLE / E-Mail: dc33...@oak.cats.ohiou.edu ||
|| 22 University Terrace #306 / Phone: (614) 597-7891 ||

Ralph Fiore

Mar 26, 1995, 6:15:02 AM3/26/95
It has been confirmed that Ringo is playing at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles
on Aug. 18th and 19th, but tickets are not on sale at the moment. New dates
are upcoming. I saw twice during the his U.S. tours and it's a must to SEE.
His band this your will be announced but I did hear from Joe Pope that Felix
Cavilier of the Rascals is on keyboards.

Ralph

Ed Igoe

Mar 26, 1995, 8:53:25 AM3/26/95

Hi Ralph, God I hope Felix Cavilere is not in the Ringo's crew this
time! I saw a Rascals show about a year ago, and that guy has an ego
just slightly smaller than Madison Square Garden! Of course, some of
the guys who've previously toured with Ringo could be accused of the
same, but.....

I hope Ringo decides to do more of his own material this time around!
-Ed
--
/---------------------------------------\
|Ed Igoe, aliases: EJI...@IX.NETCOM.COM |

Edward S. Chen

Mar 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/30/95
In article <HIRO.95Ma...@mahakala.ee.uec.ac.jp>,
SATOU Yoshihiro <hi...@mahakala.ee.uec.ac.jp> wrote:

>BAND MEMBERS....
> Ringo Starr (Drums)
> Nils Lofglen (Guitar)
> Randy Bachman (Guitar)
> Billy Preston (Keyboards)
> Felix Cavaliere (Keyboards) <---!!!!
> Clarence Clemons (Saxophone)
> Zak Starkey (Drums)
> Nick Lowe (Bass)

No Joe Walsh??? Ringo was holding the tour because he couldn't go without
Joe, and Joe was tied up with the Eagles!

As a whole, I'm not real excited about this group. A bunch of repeats
(Billy Preston, Clarence Clemons, Nils Lofgren) and a handful of new
guys, but based upon the bandmembers alone, this sounds like the same
sort of show redux. I was really hoping Ringo would change up the show
and try something different :-/

<ESC>

--
... The cats were catting, the dogs were dogging, the birds were birding, and
the fish were fishing ...

Tom Tierney

Mar 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/30/95
In article <3lel92$a...@menudo.uh.edu> bch...@menudo.uh.edu (Edward S. Chen) writes:

>As a whole, I'm not real excited about this group. A bunch of repeats
>(Billy Preston, Clarence Clemons, Nils Lofgren) and a handful of new
>guys, but based upon the bandmembers alone, this sounds like the same
>sort of show redux. I was really hoping Ringo would change up the show
>and try something different :-/

I agree, with one exception--I'd go just to see Nick Lowe.

Tom

SATOU Yoshihiro

Mar 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/30/95
Now I received from beatles' fan club(in Japan) and ticket
information-book, and these said.....

<<<<<RINGO STARR & HIS ALL STARR BAND JAPAN TOUR '95>>>>>

DATE City / Hall
Jun.14 (Wed) Morioka/Iwate Kenmin Hall
15 (Thu) Sendai/Sendai Sun-Plaza
16 (Fri) Niigata/Niigata Telsa
18 (Sun) Osaka/Osaka castle Hall
19 (Mon) Kurasiki/Kurasiki Simin Kaikan
20 (Tue) Hiroshima/Hiroshima Kousei Nenkin Kaikan
22 (Thu) Nagoya/Nagoya Century Hall
23 (Fri) Tokyo/Bay NK Hall
26 (Mon) Tokyo/Budokan
27 (Tue) Tokyo/Budokan
28 (Wed) Hamamatsu/Hamamatsu Shimin Kaikan

BAND MEMBERS....
Ringo Starr (Drums)
Nils Lofglen (Guitar)
Randy Bachman (Guitar)
Billy Preston (Keyboards)
Felix Cavaliere (Keyboards) <---!!!!
Clarence Clemons (Saxophone)
Zak Starkey (Drums)
Nick Lowe (Bass)

--
Yoshihiro Satou
The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan.

In <hiz4XSm...@delphi.com> Ralph Fiore <fio...@delphi.com> writes:

Ed> Hi Ralph, God I hope Felix Cavilere is not in the Ringo's crew this
Ed> time! I saw a Rascals show about a year ago, and that guy has an ego
Ed> just slightly smaller than Madison Square Garden! Of course, some of
Ed> the guys who've previously toured with Ringo could be accused of the
Ed> same, but.....
Ed>
Ed> I hope Ringo decides to do more of his own material this time around!
Ed> -Ed

Walters, Gina

Apr 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/1/95
In <3lel92$a...@menudo.uh.edu> bch...@menudo.uh.edu writes:

> In article <HIRO.95Ma...@mahakala.ee.uec.ac.jp>,
> SATOU Yoshihiro <hi...@mahakala.ee.uec.ac.jp> wrote:
> >

> >BAND MEMBERS....
> > Ringo Starr (Drums)
> > Nils Lofglen (Guitar)
> > Randy Bachman (Guitar)
> > Billy Preston (Keyboards)
> > Felix Cavaliere (Keyboards) <---!!!!
> > Clarence Clemons (Saxophone)
> > Zak Starkey (Drums)
> > Nick Lowe (Bass)
>

> No Joe Walsh??? Ringo was holding the tour because he couldn't go without
> Joe, and Joe was tied up with the Eagles!
>

> As a whole, I'm not real excited about this group. A bunch of repeats
> (Billy Preston, Clarence Clemons, Nils Lofgren) and a handful of new
> guys, but based upon the bandmembers alone, this sounds like the same
> sort of show redux. I was really hoping Ringo would change up the show
> and try something different :-/
>

> <ESC>

I must say I am QUITE excited about Nick Lowe being in the band. He is one of
my favorites. It's too bad Joe won't be around though. I haven't seen Ringo
yet, so the line up doesn't bother me. Highly esteemed Ed, do you know if
Ringo plans to visit Texas on this tour, and if so, which cites??? I'd like to
see him this time. ---Gina

Skokiaan

Apr 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/8/95
Nick Lowe is not playing bass for Ringo; John Entwistle is. a much better
choice.

As far as Ringo's songs, he said he would be promoting the reissues of
"Stop and Smell the Roses" and "Old Wave". I think "Old Wave" is Ringo's
best album.

I heard Joe Walsh would be in the band.

Karmen Kruse

Apr 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/9/95
> Joe Walsh wasn't named when I heard of those who would be with Ringo
> this summer. This didn"t surprise me as I was leaving the Eagles
> concert in St Louis 4/5 when I heard the news of Ringo's return.
> Joe Walsh was fabulous all evening. I don't know when the Eagles tour ends,
> but i'd be happy to see Joe again this summer.

Sugaree65

Apr 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/22/95