Worst Cover Of A Solo Lennon Tune

Norbert K

Jan 21, 2022, 8:57:03 AM1/21/22

Emma Smulders

Jan 21, 2022, 9:24:50 AM1/21/22
Op vrijdag 21 januari 2022 om 14:57:03 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdX9XmLJkns

Back then she called it "one of John's songs" now it's our song, lol.

Norbert K

Jan 21, 2022, 9:37:50 AM1/21/22
Yes, good catch.

But the, uh, performance...

Emma Smulders

Jan 21, 2022, 11:39:21 AM1/21/22
Op vrijdag 21 januari 2022 om 15:37:50 UTC+1 schreef Norbert K:
I love how she "sings" the I-I-I-I at the end of the refrain. It's sounds like she's shouting "YAHA!" or something. I LOL every time.

Norbert K

Jan 21, 2022, 12:26:58 PM1/21/22
Yeah. Where the hell did that come from?

RJKe...@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2022, 2:09:13 PM1/25/22
On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 8:57:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdX9XmLJkns

Mintz liked it though. He comments on it on Youtube.

Emma Smulders

Jan 25, 2022, 3:31:26 PM1/25/22
Op dinsdag 25 januari 2022 om 20:09:13 UTC+1 schreef RJKe...@yahoo.com:
> On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 8:57:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdX9XmLJkns
>
> Mintz liked it though. He comments on it on Youtube.

Once a sycophant, always a sycophant.

Norbert K

Jan 25, 2022, 3:43:06 PM1/25/22
Yeah. Mintz' supposed admiration for Yoko's stuff has always struck me as forced. He never demonstrates any specific knowledge of anything she's done; he merely praises it in vague terms.

The only reason Mintz ever kissed Yoko's ass in the first place is to get access to John Lennon. Eventually the ass-kissing of Yoko led to substantial financial rewards, e.g., $30,000 towards his house at one point in the 1970s.

curtis...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 10:08:49 AM1/27/22
On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 8:57:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdX9XmLJkns

Makes me cringe. Her attempts at "normal" singing are even worse than that her usual thing - which I can't think of a description for at the moment.

geoff

Jan 27, 2022, 5:18:02 PM1/27/22
Actually that's not too bad, for her ....

geoff

Norbert K

Jan 27, 2022, 5:37:22 PM1/27/22
How about those pained, weepy sounds the guitarist keeps coming up with? There's nothing like that on Lennon's version.